Bono and Paul Hewson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a-mole

War Child
Hey hey .. I dug up a little rant on fame at this page http://members.tripod.com/goddess_melissa/rant_fame.html

what really made me smile was the last part of the text, it showed once more that official Bono and private Paul "Bono" Hewson are not to be confused... as much as we love him, no matter how often we met him or read about him (same goes for the other guys)
I just think we fans should remember that every once in a while!! :wink:

"More specifically:

As you know, I have met Bono a bunch, enough for him to remember me. This past June, my first meeting with him was less fan-like and more just one person to another. However, the next day I showed up when he did his Bono thing for the fans. This time he was all loud and outgoing and posing doing silly things. He was shaking everyone's hands all vigorously. When he got to me, he grabbed my hand before he saw my face. As soon as he saw my face I saw an immediate change in his persona. He snapped, "What are you doing back here?" I said, "I forgot to show you my tattoo!" He then smiled and got very excited, albeit a quiet excitement. He knelt down to look at my tattoo and beckoned I kneel, as well. We then spoke softly under the sounds of the crowd. When we were done, he stood up and moved on returning to his "Bono" persona of boisterous laughs, silly poses, and loud talk.

It was very magical. It was the first time I realized that I had met two Bonos and I felt so blessed for that wonderful opportunity. It is truly humbling to meet your idol as a man not a celebrity."

mods, if it belongs not in here, but rather BandMeetings please move it .. thank you *bows*

Last edited:
Who was that with the tatoo who had met him so many times?!

There is one story in U2@TEOTW where he is shopping with Flanagan, and he asked Bono what name was on his credit cards, Bono or Paul Hewson? He said it was his intials, that he didn't like people calling him Paul. (only his father got away with that) Then he said, grinning I'm sure, "Paul is dead" ;) a joking reference to the Beatles' death clues of course, but meaning he was more Bono than Paul? :shrug:

HE is a mystery to me and I thing he is trying to create that kind of desortment around his persona
Didn't he say in the flanangan book that he was trying to do that so people didn't really know who he was so that he could have a good private life.*just thinking*
But It hink Paul isn't dead I think he is Paul around Ali and the kids and his friends

I always wonder what Ali calls him. I would feel strange referring to my husband as "Bono." Actually, I'd pee my pants with excitement if I could refer to my husband as "Bono" but that's a different issue...

I guess Ali calls him Bono because he said just his father called him Paul. He also has said that her wife calls him baby so... :shrug:

I only know this because my mom is a huge Barry Manilow fan....
but Barry i think is even more mysterious than Bono as far as his public and private lives -- most of his super hardcore fans dont have a clue about his private life, relationships, etc.

Many people in the entertainment biz are this way, and I say this from having actually known a few personally.

Back
Top Bottom