Bono and Larry on Comic Relief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is the funniest thing I've seen all day - why knew Larry had that in him:applaud: It is very unfair that Larry has to keep doing things that make him more endearing/attractive:wink:

Thank you so much! That was hilarious, made my day! I didn't even know it exsisted.

:applaud: I want more!!!! :hyper: Thanks for sharing ladylardence! :hug: I read about this when it happened but I never got to see it, till now. That's a good look for Bono. :yes: Larry is funny with the high voice! :lol:

Thanks for posting that, LadyLardence! That was one of the many video segments I lost when my computer died last summer.
There was another one, much older, and I wonder if anyone has it as well. It was an actual video of the band (not staged or acting). They were on a plane and Bono was playing guitar and singing a song that he was very obviously making up on the spot, about the flight attendant who was preparing his meal. Edge was sitting across from him looking highly amused. The song, and the video segment, ended when the flight attendant served Bono a gigantically heaping plate of food, and he prepared to dig in.
Does this sound familiar to anyone, and was I just hallucinating??
I'd really love to see this one again. :)

biff said:
Thanks for posting that, LadyLardence! That was one of the many video segments I lost when my computer died last summer.
There was another one, much older, and I wonder if anyone has it as well. It was an actual video of the band (not staged or acting). They were on a plane and Bono was playing guitar and singing a song that he was very obviously making up on the spot, about the flight attendant who was preparing his meal. Edge was sitting across from him looking highly amused. The song, and the video segment, ended when the flight attendant served Bono a gigantically heaping plate of food, and he prepared to dig in.
Does this sound familiar to anyone, and was I just hallucinating??
I'd really love to see this one again. :)

:lol: I think that's from the "Outside It's America" tv program - the song was about Mexican food, right? :lmao:

I have that on VHS, does anyone have a computer file clip of it?

Last edited:
Does anyone even have Outside It's America as a computer file? I never found it and I always wanted to watch it ever since I watched a few snippets of it on the internet and on the Joshua Tree Classical Albums thingy. Edge without the hat in the late 80's. :ohmy:

kellyahern said:

:lol: I think that's from the "Outside It's America" tv program - the song was about Mexican food, right? :lmao:

I have that on VHS, does anyone have a computer file clip of it?

Yep, from an MTV special! Bono is singing to his food. :)
"Oh Jeannie! Oh Jeannie, I'm in love with yoooooooooou."
The flight attendant gives a nervous smile, and gets as
far away from Bono as possible. LOL!!!!!!

That is so bizarre and funny. I don't really understand what's going on and there is WAY too much UK slang for my understanding, but it's all good. Larry is adorable. And Bono is fucking hot...

"Do Adam and Edge know about this?"

"Be cool, Larry, be cool..."

Basically, I think the other 4 guys are supposed to be in the mob or something. They're paying B/L for backstage passes, and Larry is mad that B wants to give the money to charity. That's my take on it, anyway. Whatever, I just thought it was really cute! :)

oh my what a great clip! I laughed my head off.:lol: :lol:
Thank you ladylardance

About Outside's its America. I have it on VHS but it is not the best quality but still a great documentary. I never heard of it being on the computer. :shrug:

is everybody elses clip only 12 seconds long or is my realOne player crappier than i thought it was? (I usually cant play anything on it ):reject:

I have Quick Time and it runs for 52 seconds on that. I was trying to download somethng on RealOne earlier today and was having the same problem. It downloaded on a minute of something that was 4 minutes. So, maybe it's not just your RealOne player.

Sue DeNym said:

Larry and Bono could've both been actors had the band not succeeded. Hm, that'd be an interesting fanfic...Bono and Larry performing Shakespeare... :hmm:

Taking this thread in a completly different direction, I could totally picture them in those stretchy, tight Shakespeare style leggings. :drool:

the guys are from a british series called (i cant spell it btw) Aufweidersen Pet. i acually watched red nose day, and got the shock of my life when Bono suddenly appears on screen, so i fumble like mad to press record, got most of it anyway!:wink:

TheBrazilianFly said:
Does anyone even have Outside It's America as a computer file?

You can download a high quality mpg, either VCD or perhaps even DVD, on BloodRedSkyHub through Direct Connect. I'm sharing it actually, but I haven't been online lately. Too busy with other things. :( I promise to be on more often in the next week or so. Lots of other people have it though. The song really cracks me up. "Sing the enchilada verse!" Yeah. Can you imagine how annoying it must have been for that poor stewardess to be trapped on a plane with Bono in flirt-with-anything-that-moves mode? Wait...sorry, that wouldn't be annoying at all, what was I thinking? :happy:

Originally posted by madonna's child
Larry is adorable. And Bono is fucking hot...

"Do Adam and Edge know about this?"

"Be cool, Larry, be cool..."

Ditto this whole bit here. ladylardence, that explanation of the clip makes sense to me. :).

It is weird to see Larry getting all irate...I've never seen him act like that before. Funny stuff.

Originally posted by drealynn42
Can you imagine how annoying it must have been for that poor stewardess to be trapped on a plane with Bono in flirt-with-anything-that-moves mode? Wait...sorry, that wouldn't be annoying at all, what was I thinking? :happy:

LOL, I was gonna say, what'd be so bad about that? If she's annoyed by him constantly flirting, I'll gladly take her place. :p.

I haven't seen that stewardess clip, though...sure sounds funny. :). The guys have such an odd sense of humor, don't they? But I love it. Any guy who can make me laugh is cool.

Thanks for sharing this clip, ladylardence. Very cute.

Angela

ylimeU2 said:
I have Quick Time and it runs for 52 seconds on that. I was trying to download somethng on RealOne earlier today and was having the same problem. It downloaded on a minute of something that was 4 minutes. So, maybe it's not just your RealOne player.

:yes: me too. It didn't work on realplayer when I'm on AOL, but it worked with Quicktime when I was on Internet Explorer :)

That was hi-larry-ous! At first I thought Bono was gonna be he only one to talk and Larry would be used for eye candy in the background (which would have been fine with me :drool: ) but then he suprised me and had the funniest part in the whole skit. Those guys never cease to amaze me.

Back
Top Bottom