Bono & kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH WOW! I just came on to check the thread and I'm blown away! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

He's so kind and genuine, and a real natural around kids! Thanks again!

These are being put to very good use!

THANK YOU!!!:D

LostAtMoon said:
africa_ethiopia_0420-30may02.jpg

africa_ethiopia_0620-30may02.jpg

Bono_public_figure6.jpg

Ok, who is having the most fun here? :wink:

Babydoll said:

which is why love him! his childlike-ness is one of his best qualities, so endearing. :heart:

I know! He can be this sexy, manly beast type thing, but he can also be such an adorable sweety pie!!

This thread made me smile, but it almost made me cry because he really does care! I always knew he did, obviously, but people bash him, and criticise him, saying he's doing it for the image. Have these people seen this pictures? Bono's not an actor. He doesn't put anything on. He's a wonderful man and it's sick that in a world that isn't perfect, people are criticising others who are trying to put it right!

Sorreh, didn't mean to dampen the thread, but it just came out.

Anyways, all them pictures are so darned sweet! *saves them all*

There's a few different dancing segments from the MTV Diary episode. I had the whole thing uploaded, but I just deleted it today.

yeah, it was from the trip to africa he made with with paul o'neill and chris tucker, back in i think 2002 or 2003. it was real nice to see. he is the voice of the voiceless. :heart: and also, he seems to be one of the very, very few genuine celebs out there. he really cares. :heart: :bono: :heart:

JCOSTER said:
He seems to be a great dad, and sometimes we parents make sure we do not repeat mistakes our parents have made.....:eyebrow:

heh...it's interesting you bring that up. I don't like to speculate, but I've wondered before if Bono ever stresses about that, you know, since he always said he never had a good relationship with his dad. I remember in one recent interview he was asked something like that, like if he felt he was like his dad, and he replied that he has a totally different relationship with his kids.

SimplyConfused said:
Isn't there a clip somewhere of him in Africa, Elevation era, dancing around with some African children following him? He looks like he belongs there!! I laughed when I saw it. I think I saw it on a documentary.

well, if nobody uplodas it.. :shrug:
shake that arse Bono! :lol:
bonodancingwithafricankids7qr.gif

he';s such a dork.. and don't we love him for it :wink:

:up: One more reason to admire Bono. His ability to put a smile on a childs face is so endearing:applaud:

SimplyConfused said:

My friend is here. Whilst she doesn't think he's an ugly mug (which of course, he isn't!) she hasn't fallen in love with him yet. She must be insane! THAT PICTURE IS SO FECKIN' ADORABLE!!!

tell her to open her eyes... ><
how can she NOT see the beauty of his heart?

:lmao: He looks like a habitual thumb-sucker. Seriously.
Okay, that could be because I'd love to prove to folks that thumb-sucking is a habit most folks never grow out of so they'll leave me alone about mine own habit.

A special thank you...

To all of you who posted photos for the thread: Bono and kids, I wanted to express a very very special thank you!!

There is a young girl I know personally, who has had a very tainted relationship with her father, and at this point in her life no longer has any contact with him, and never will again. She's had very poor male role models to look up to, and has grown a little sceptical that there are indeed really good dads out there.

I though that seeing these photos of a real person, a real man, a real dad, interacting with kids, his own, and other people's children, would cheer her up. She knows who Bono is, but he seems like this far away bigger than life person to her. I thought photos of him doing simple things with children would be good. So I send the link of the "Bono with Kids" thread to her in an email.
She wrote me back and told me that it made her cry. It made her feel better. She had never seen so many photos of Bono with children, and all the things he does with them. She loved how he was around the children, reading, playing, carrying them on his shoulder, putting a necklace on a girl, sharing his sun glasses. Real things. It made her feel a little better about the idea of a father.

So thank you again. You all helped a little, by just posting sweet photos. THANK YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom