Bono and his mullet-ness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok, so we all know that Bono likes to talk about the fact that he had a mullet in the 80s (which is good that he confined it to that particular decade). But has anybody noticed that their security guards have some SERIOUS mullets going on? Maybe Bono should pass the message along that mullets are no longer cool to have (nor were they EVER cool to have, but whatever).

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

I wasn't a big fan of the mullet either, but I know that some people around here are. And over the past while I've come to enjoy it more and more (thanks to PLEBA), but just on Bono. It will grow on you too, I'm sure. But don't get me wrong, I enjoy his hair the way it is now.

Ahhhhh.... look how cute he is.

QN16332.jpg

QN44466.jpg

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 11-28-2001).]

i thought bono was cute with his mullet! although, i agree...it's best left in the 80's. and as for the 90's, i thought he looked the best during the AB period...as for this decade? who knows *snickers*

------------------
have a nice day!
wink.gif

royal chat nutte for both interference and U2OL, as proclaimed by sir rafaroni (the mexico city treat)
biggrin.gif

U2: 62%
dd: 37%

-------
proof 2001 simon is bangable:
<Rox> I bang 2001 simon every morning
<J-Tree> you think he'd get tired from being hard all the time

john nude!

[This message has been edited by KhanadaRhodes (edited 11-28-2001).]

Hey now, I love the 'mullets!' They were hot, stop knocking them or some folks like Icelady and I will be very angry! What the heck was wrong with it? He looked gorgeous! I don't understand the jokes. It's not funny.

Bono HIMSELF laughs at those days-there are NUMEROUS articles about it.

There are FAR more important things in the world to worry about than 'poking a lil' fun' at Bono's 'mullet'. Everyone LOVES these guys-or they wouldn't be on this board. I don't personally care/ worry about whether he goes bald, grows his hair down to the floor, etc.

Let's not start that stuff again, OK?

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Horseshit. He only 'laughs' before you do it first because he knows of the internet jokes. I bet anything that in private he really doesn't see anything wrong with it and is as perplexed as I am about what is supposed to be so damn funny. I would love to meet him and tell him I think he looked adorable and others do too and he should not knock it.

I was just commenting on how I've really come to enjoy the mullet. I think he looks adorable. Sorry if anyone took it as if I was making fun. I wasn't. I like it. I don't want to make anyone mad. Sorry

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
I was just commenting on how I've really come to enjoy the mullet. I think he looks adorable. Sorry if anyone took it as if I was making fun. I wasn't. I like it. I don't want to make anyone mad. Sorry

I'm only replying to this because I feel so badly that you said this-you have nothing to apologize for.

And here's some h*******t (asterisks because I don't use that kind of language on here) from GQ mag-Oct 2001 issue..

Bono-'I regret that my hair looked like it had been pressed by an iron at the back when we did Live Aid. That's still very hard to deal with'

'The mullet is back now, isn't it? I was just 15 years ahead of my time' There are many other charming quotes from Bono about this.

Anyone who knows Bono and his sense of humor-this is all said w/ his typical charming, self-effacing, sarcastic sense of humor.

HMMM-Dropping The Debt, Aids In Africa, the situation in Ireland-all more important to Bono certainly than his 'mullet' and whether or not anyone liked it or not. Somehow I think those issues are what he reads about on the Net.

I have no intention of keeping this stuff going any more-anyone else who wants to, fine.

Reading the original post, it said 'security guards', I believe.I saw no one making any 'jokes' about it.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
I wasn't a big fan of the mullet either, but I know that some people around here are. And over the past while I've come to enjoy it more and more (thanks to PLEBA), but just on Bono. It will grow on you too, I'm sure. But don't get me wrong, I enjoy his hair the way it is now.

Ahhhhh.... look how cute he is.

QN16332.jpg

QN44466.jpg

He was such a cutie! I think he was absolutely gorgeous in the '80s. Well, he still is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom