Bono and family at Leopardstown Races

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
we :madwife: because we care :cute:

that made no sense. :huh: I need more chocolate! :happy:

loves-chocolate-51.gif
:wink:

light said:

PS: Bono gave a new interview to a german newspaper.
Sorry, I don't have time to translate it for you.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/artikel/285/149919/4/

Thanks for this link! I can give you a quick summary of what he said in that interview. Nothing new really, mostly about the German EU presidency that ends now and about the G8 summit in Heiligendamm, about Angela Merkel and how impressed he is with her and what she is willing to do to help Africa. He said she was really attentive and interested during their meetings in Germany. Interesting (and funny) anecdote: He said one G8 president (he doesn't want to say who) fell asleep while Bono was talking.

Apart from that, he talked about what has been achieved in Africa and what still has to be achieved, about corruption and trade laws.

The last part of the interview might be interesting to you:

Q: People like you, Geldof or Sting are often accused of using your social commitment because you have a big ego and want to promote your music. Are you annoyed by those accusations?

A: It might very well be true that ego plays an important role here. Without that, the Mount Everest would never have been conquered and no one would have landed on the moon. And claiming that I'm doing this to promote U2 is simply ridiculous. If you tell that to Edge, Adam and Larry, they would grab you, put you in a straight jacket and take you to a mental institution.

Q: So why are you so committed to these causes?

A: For me, it's about helping your neighbor. You can laugh about this as much as you want, but I want to use what I have to help those in need.

Q: With all your activism, do you still find time to make music?

A: Oh yes, next year I'm going back to my regular day job as a musician, we are recording a new album. Of course, I'll still be doing a lot of stuff for DATA. My band collegues have distributed my photo to all police stations worldwide and asked to have me arrested and brought back home if it should all get too much.

last unicorn said:
Interesting (and funny) anecdote: He said one G8 president (he doesn't want to say who) fell asleep while Bono was talking.

I'm so sorry reading he was disappointed by italy and france for not keeping words in their solidarity commitment. :(
geez, he said "we" are cheaters...:reject:
but he's right and I really appreciate his ongoing supervision to this cause and how he always says clearly what he thinks regardless of anyone :up:

anyway...I can easily guess who fell asleep during the meeting...:rolleyes: :no:

last unicorn said:

Q: With all your activism, do you still find time to make music?

A: Oh yes, next year I'm going back to my regular day job as a musician, we are recording a new album. Of course, I'll still be doing a lot of stuff for DATA. My band collegues have distributed my photo to all police stations worldwide and asked to have me arrested and brought back home if it should all get too much.

:lmao: SILLY BONO!!!

U2FloridaFan said:

Now we just have to get Bono out of platforms :wink: :wink:

hey-I am totally IN on this one. I think it is freaking time he says goodbye to those shoes. i have never disliked anything so much on him!!! Yes, we know you are not very tall!! But we still love you!! Take the damn shoes off!!!

But first she needs to get herself out of BLACK. Once in a blue moon....she'd look great in blue too.

But really, I'd dress in black more often if it gave me her "secret"!

Anyway, they look adorable together, as always....

Back
Top Bottom