Bono and Edges earings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarlet Lady

The Fly
why are there earings worn so high up in their earlobe, is there some tradion to this? its an odd question but ive always wonderd lol

SL
XX

I like to believe that they made the holes for the rings themselves for eachother. With a hot needle you can do it and it's cheaper than going to a professional piercing maker lol.

I think it's so cute when they were teenagers and sat there with needles making eachother holes for earrings to look cool. :shifty:

bonolady said:
Bono once told in an interview that they made the holes for the rings themselves !!!

ah the fact they both have them high made me wonder,and it makes sense now..

arh was it like a friendship thing :cute:

I'm not sure about Bono, but Edge's earring only started showing up in pictures around Joshua Tree. At least from all of the pictures that I've seen of him.

I've never heard that they did that themselves. Kinda cute if they did. :cute:

If anyone has any pictures of Edge wearing the earring pre-JT era please post them. :)

I didnt know they pierced their ears themselves!!! cool!! well ya learn summot new everyday i suppose!

Ive got pierced ears didnt hurt! It would hurt more doing it yourself than getting a professional to do it! ah well!

They both suit it anywayz!

what about larry?:eyebrow:

I got my belly button pierced when I was 15. I'm 20 now and the hole is still there but I can't put anything through it. I HATE it.

I can only imagine what will happen to it when I get pregnant. :tsk: Don't do it girls.

Edgette said:
I'm not sure about Bono, but Edge's earring only started showing up in pictures around Joshua Tree. At least from all of the pictures that I've seen of him.

I agree. Bono didn't have any earrings either in the ealy days. All the pics I've seen up to 1985 (UF) were all without earrings.
So, if they did it themselves, they certainly weren't teens anymore.

Doesn't Bono have a new earring? I feel like a dork for asking, but I only vaguely remember something about a new diamond earring which was perhaps a birthday gift.

There you go
earring.jpg

I want this earring! *wants for an Irish rock star to marry her and buy her that SAME ring*

verte76 said:
Doesn't Bono have a new earring? I feel like a dork for asking, but I only vaguely remember something about a new diamond earring which was perhaps a birthday gift.

Yes, he does! It was one of the first thing I noticed when I saw him in San Jose. I'll try to find a picture.

That's a pretty girly earning, but somehow Bono makes it look very masculine and rock and roll...

Keocmb said:
I got my belly button pierced when I was 15. I'm 20 now and the hole is still there but I can't put anything through it. I HATE it.

I can only imagine what will happen to it when I get pregnant. :tsk: Don't do it girls.

Yeah my friend got it done about the same age- she was pregnant at 16-17, and now it's all stretched and saggy, even though she's quite slim. She's 22 now.

Lil'bono: I can't believe you pierced your eyebrow yourself... That's pretty dangerous! (there are a lot of nerves near your eyebrow and you could actually go blind if you hit a particular one...). I have three earrings (used to have a fourth one and a nose ring, but I got rid of them).

I like his new earring-maybe he bought them for Ali and decided to keep them for himself :wink: it could be worse, he could be wearing some honking P Diddy sort of thing :D

Diamonds :drool:

Back
Top Bottom