Bono and Edge 'Do Windows'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This will be on VH1 tonight-9 pm ET.

Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder inducted the Ramones into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame during Monday night's (March 18) ceremonies in New York. Vedder made a rambling 17-minute speech about the group's groundbreaking sound, their immense influence, and how underappreciated they were during their 20-plus years in existence.

Sporting a fresh mohawk, Vedder told the crowd, "When punk finally broke in '91, the Ramones still weren't brought along for the ride, even though Nirvana, Rancid, (and) Green Day wouldn't have existed without them."

Vedder said that he is also someone who is indebted to the group. "You know, punk bands now sell with one record--their first or second record--sell 10 times the amount of records that the Ramones did throughout their career with 20-something records. That's why I go over to Johnny Ramone's house and do yard work three times a week, just to absolve some of the guilt."

Vedder continued,"And a bunch of people do it, like (U2's) Bono and Edge do the windows. Kirk Hammett, the guitar player from Metallica, he dusts, house cleans, makes French toast. That's a true story," he said with a laugh.

capt.1016509003.rock_hall_xejb116.jpg

Are any U2 members going to be there? Even if they're not presenting, can we at least hope for audience shots?
confused.gif

Eddie's mohawk =
icon13.gif

icon30.gif
Not only is it ugly I heard on another rock message board he has it to protest US going to Afghanistan to avenge the Sept. 11 attacks. Couldn't people do something more constructive to speak their mind and help the world, like someone else we know?

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 03-20-2002).]

eek.gif
mohawk!

Uhhh....Bono and Edge should do my windows!
wink.gif
No really, they're rather dusty....

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Bono's version of window cleaning:
*spits on window, wipes it with his sleeve, steps back and admires his good work*

Edge's version:
*fills bucket with vinegar and water and uses newspapers to wipe down the solution for an amazing shine*

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
Bono's version of window cleaning:
*spits on window, wipes it with his sleeve, steps back and admires his good work*
*peers at reflection*

;-)

eek.gif
to mohawk! blech! he used to be so cute!!

i wonder if B & E will be there..

Larry's version of window cleaning..

*looks at the window*

*window immediately fogs up due to his overwhelming beauty*

biggrin.gif

OK-the mohawk is NOT my fave Eddie look, but I still find him very attractive no matter what-it's whatever is in his head that makes him write those songs, and all that 'angst'
wink.gif
And I bet he's really very sweet.
smile.gif
Remember, Adam had one-and Bono did in that one Anton pic.
biggrin.gif

I believe I read that no U2 members were at the ceremony-I think it would have been on the news sites if they were.

Thank God Bono didn't get a mohawk and induct the Ramones, else the Is Bono Going Bald thread would have to be resurrected over in EYKIW.

Back
Top Bottom