Bono and Edge at the Golden Globes 2003

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
Could someone post the pics from this event?
I'm kind of in a reminiscent mood tonight, so...

Also, if anyone has some video clips of it that they could upload, that'd be even more cool. :wink:

Gracias, amigos and amigas. :wink:

do you mean this one?

15cb3847.jpg

globebeauty-vi.jpg

03goldenglobes-vi.jpg

touch-vi.jpg

globebe2-vi.jpg

globepeace-vi.jpg

Note the hands in this one: they are twisted around and look like each other's. The thumbs up Bono appears to be giving is Edge's hand.

globewin-vi.jpg

U2Kitten said:

Note the hands in this one: they are twisted around and look like each other's. The thumbs up Bono appears to be giving is Edge's hand.

globewin-vi.jpg

easy to see, the rings... pinky ring = Bono, the ring on the apropriate finger = Edge :)

also, posh Bono :drool:
he should wear white shirts more often..
bonoedgehuggoldenglobes7kn.jpg

talking about cute!
bonoedgegoldenglobesaaaawww6km.jpg

bonoedgegoldenglobes1kh.jpg

bonogoldenglobesdreamily9ve.jpg

:bono: Don't YOU think I look posh in this outfit?
bonogoldenglobes5tz.jpg

Last edited:
FungusAmongus said:
HAHHAHAH!!! Thanks so much!!!

Look at those two...

If we didn't know better.... :wink: :drool:
I DONT know better :wink:
they look soo cute when they're fooling around with each otehr.. Bono drinking out of the awards :lol:
what did they win there btw??

They were nominated for 'Best Original Song in a Motion Picture' with The Hands that built America for the movie Gangs of New York - and they won :wink:

the fcc was so stupid in getting pissed at him just cuz he said the f word- i mean, there are so many worse things shown on tv than someone letting their language slip a little just because they were really happy and excited. :|

:madwife: at the fcc, :hug: and :heart: to bono.

:)

Babydoll said:
he just said "this is fucking brilliant" after they won, thats it. i still don't know what fuss is all about!
yes that I knew :wink: but did he realize he said that afterwards btw?? He did poke fun of the FCC at this years national prayer breakfast :lol:

I love these pix, and honestly, I thought the stuff about Bono using the f:censored:g word was really stupid. There are plenty of worse things going on besides a little profanity in prime time.

Galeongirl said:
yes that I knew :wink: but did he realize he said that afterwards btw?? He did poke fun of the FCC at this years national prayer breakfast :lol:

I think he also made some joke about it when he was giving the commencement address at Penn State(? I think that's right but I'm not sure...you know what I'm talking about though, right?) a few years ago. I have to say, though, that nobody pokes fun at the FCC as outrageously as Monty Python actor Eric Idle...after they fined him for using the F-word, he wrote a VERY rude (and quite funny) song "dedicated" to the FCC, in which he used the F-word at least 14 or 15 times in the space of two minutes or so. :lol: I'm probably going to Heck for laughing at that song, but I love Eric Idle and I happened to think that was actually really clever. :yes:

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. :reject: These pictures are really great, and I'm with bonocomet - would love to see a video of the speech if anyone knows where to find it. :) Cheers!

those are really fun pics :)
I agree with you guys: a download needs to surface of the acceptance speech! The night that the awards were on I was heading back to college from break and didn't think that they would be there even they were nominated. Then a couple hours later I heard about everything..grrr...lol :)

yeah... where the heck is the acceptance speech at. :sad:

that was one freekin cool night that Golden Globes night. :wink: *memories*

u2 never deprives of suspense and excitement... thats for sure. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom