Bono and Edge at REM concert in Dublin 6/29/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoatrem07.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

Edgette said:

Hi ARW :wave:

Bono was listening to Blair's (who is closely involved with Vertigo USA) John Lennon button. I believe it read "Listen to this button" or something along those lines.

:wave:

thank you! I thought it was her and had something to do with John Lennon but I didn't want to post the wrong info ;)

You should tell Vertigo USA they need to come to the Twin Cities one of these days! :rockon:

JCOSTER said:

How about just a Bon-Bon addict....:laugh:

I was going to put that but then people would think I just sit home and eat Bon Bons all day :lol:

How bout Lebono addict?

I'm shocked that Trent would run a photo of Bono...he's quite vocal about the fact that he dislikes U2. I prefer Perez Hilton and especially Dlisted for my celeb gossip.

That's a really good picture of the B-man and the missus, though.

I'm Xavi, the one in the pic with Bono. I've been with the guys several times but this one last weekend was just by chance....what an amazing surprise!!! I had no idea they were inside the venue for the REM concert and I just found Edge and Bono right in front of me as they were leaving the theater. Here you have a translation of what I posted at u2eastlink.com :
"Visiting Dublin for just a weekend looks a short trip but it's well worth it .

A walk under the pouring rain, some paints, a good dinner. Nothing too special but still a beautiful experience.

If you add an exclusive REM concert and 1300 other lucky people , new songs, never heard before,it would upgrade the weekend to excellent.

It's an strange feeling because all those new songs are 100% REM, but you can't sing them as you 'd never heard them before. Even Michael Stipe is not able to sing without reading the lyrics from his own laptop or from some papers.

At the beginning of the show Michael thanks Dublin for a warm welcome and specially Bono and Th Edge for their continuing support. There was a rumour about the 4 U2 members going to watch the show but the Vip balconies were almost empty until the lights went off. During the show you can't hardly see some Vips (unknown to me) with the Vip passes on their chests.

After the show we decided to wait near the theatre and the Clarence just in case we could see Michael, Peter or Mike. I decide to get close to a little door on one side of the theatre.There were in fact 2 little doors ....will we be lucky? .

After less than one minute there, one of the doors open and I can see The Edge leaving with a bodyguard. I can't believe what I see. I had a U2 album on my bag (just in case) , I take it our to try to get it signed....God...it's Bono, elegant, black jacket, red glasses....I'm fucking nervous. I can also see Guggi, Morleigh and some other people leaving the theater with them.

They come closer, Bono signs, Edge leaves, no , he comes and signs also. GOD.
Bono is still there. I ask him to pose for a picture and he says OK. Who's gonna take the pic? Guggi....yes,yes, I ask him and he takes the picture. I ask The Edge for a picture but he doesn't want picture. Bono still there and I took a picture of him and my wife Cris. They leave and get inside The Cllarence Hotel.

I've had the chande to meet U2 several time but this one seems to be the best at the moment. I might change my mind in the next few days but it was such a nice surprise, so unexpected that the weekend ended being upgraded to superb. "

Back
Top Bottom