Bono & Ali in Los Angeles 9-17-06 EDUN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
I wonder what he is going to look like to the same show but with shorter hair, he does use his hair alot while singing, I wonder what he'll do? :hmm:

He can still run his hand back over his hair--and he'll sound the same, I'll bet! :wink:

one4u2 said:

Has that been confirmed!?! :hyper:

I've only heard of the contest for people from Canada to go to New York of meet U2 on Sept 26th. I don't know in what context you meet them. I haven't heard of a book signing though, but they will likely do some type of promo while there.

What a grand way to celebrate your 20,000 post! Lovely picture!

I just searched and searched and maybe I missed it (which 200% possible) but it didn't/doesn't look like they made a stop in Seattle and the Seattle Nordstrom shop is the Flagship. Its the original and its headquarters! Seattle is Nordstrom (actually deal with the family on matters).

Congrats to everyone who got see them in person! Now did you all get your ONE shirt:wink:

Thankyou for the pics and great story Lila!!!
If they come to San Fran I expect a full report and pics from you bay area fans:wink:

Yes, Maddy & I both bought shirts :wink: We had hoped Bono would have been there long enough to actually sign them, or at least one of them. I'll live :up:

A personal observation on Catriona (yes, that does appear to be her in the pics):

I have been to many of Bono's appearances for DATA/ONE over the last four years and I have seen a few different PA's working with Bono over that time.

Of all of them, Catriona seems to be the most relaxed and friendly of them all.

She doesn't ry to keep Bono away from people gathered to meet him.

Rather she simply stays in the background and quietly observes the interactions of Bono and his admirers and must only try to intercede with him if she thinks things might be getting "out of hand". I have yet to see her be rude or dismissive of Bono's admirers.

I personally think she's the best PA that he's had in recent years and I hope she stays with him as his PA for many years to come.

Just my opinion from what I have observed over the last several years.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Halup said:

I've only heard of the contest for people from Canada to go to New York of meet U2 on Sept 26th. I don't know in what context you meet them. I haven't heard of a book signing though, but they will likely do some type of promo while there.

The contest said the 26th :hmm:

I feel a sick day coming on :shifty:

I just did a You Tube search, and found this! I see Maddy & I in the back there :ohmy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQjg2AkUSb0

and apparently the woman who jumped onstage on the Vertigo tour in L.A. (night 1, first leg) was there (Dazza). Bono had already picked a girl out that night for MW, and she jumped on stage as well, not to mention crawling on her hands and knees (and dressed provocatively too)

Last edited:
wow, seems like a great night. thanks for posting about it!

i run a damien rice fan site called Eskimo Friends - i'm just wondering if you have any photos of damien on stage, or damien with bono that we could use?

thanks again!

emmett

Lila64 said:
checking out zootopia, there is a woman who got to meet Bono and lots of photos. She posted this video on youtube, so I guess it's okay to post it here. Don't know about the rest, but I did see her there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQftcTbK3E

Thats Dazza!!..:lol:.......she is the woman who threw herself onto the stage at the Staples center while Bono was dancing with another girl...Bono saw Dazza running towards him and he RAN FROM HER!!! ....It was funny...Dazza chashing Bono and Bonoo running with the girl he was dancing with.....Bono than let her know that he scared her...((not that Dazza id bad looking it was just that it surprised Bonoseeing her running on stage..)) I was at that show and Im sure that some of you will remember that show too..I hav epics somewhere:)

I was at that show too BonoFox1 :lol:

and all my pics have been posted - I don't recall Damien Rice being there, not that I'd know what he looked like. He definitely wasn't introduced

On zootopia (u2.com), JesusGirl got to meet Bono and has her story posted there (congrats again!).

She said I could post her pics here:

Dion_Bono.jpg

Dion_Ali.jpg

alot of these are big, and I didn't have time to resize them all or adjust color, etc.

img_1774_edited.jpg

damn, my computer is locking up. I'll get the rest!!!

love2bmama said:
can somebody link up to JesusGirl's story? I don't go to zootopia and wouldn't know where to begin looking over there. Thanks for posting the pics!

I sent her an email asking if she'd post it here or if she'd like me to. The zoo is hard to read cuz there can be several threads about the same topic. I don't know yet if her story is all in one place, so that's why I'm asking her.

Back
Top Bottom