Bono & Ali in Los Angeles 9-17-06 EDUN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
He says 'you're going to Hawaii?', and I say 'yeah'. And he said 'go girl' and 'aloha'. And we thanked him!
3324bcp.jpg
Fantastic! :cute: What a great moment, congrats :applaud:

according to the email I got about the RED Campaign from Bobby Shriver this past week... and to keep tabs on the B man...

ARMANI (PRODUCT) RED

Our partner Mr. Giorgio Armani presents the One Night Only event on Thursday 21st September at Earl's Court in London, which he is theming "an INSPI(RED) evening of fashion and music," using our (RED) word. The show features the Emporio Armani Spring Summer 2007 women's fashion show and the launch of the Emporio Armani (PRODUCT) RED capsule collection. We have some of the items this collection at the (RED) office, and they're fabulous. Many of Mr. Armani's friends from the worlds of film, music and sport will attend, including Bono, Beyoncé, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alicia Keys, Clive Owen, Ashley Judd (who has worked with Bono and Bobby in the past), Samuel L. Jackson, Andrea Bocelli, James Franco, Andriy Shevchenko and more. The event will be broadcast on the UK's Channel 4 and syndicated worldwide.

Hey lila they are going to show a clip on the channel 9 news. i hope you catch it. maybe you will see yourself.

i can't tape it, sorry. maybe someone else can for lila because she is offline now.

Last edited:
yeah it was a short clip. they didn't show any of the crowd. i captured a few seconds on my dinky little cell phone. i will try and find a way to maybe post it.

BonoFox1 said:
I went too but obviously too late:(

I got stuck in traffic where it was umper to bumper due to an accident I was too far to get off and proceed through the streets:mad:

Oh well Thank you for posting the pics:hyper::up:

of what I obviously missed:madspit:

i missed out too bonofox. i didn't even know. do what i'm doing; trying to forget about it... other than the fact that i'm really happy for Lila and Maddy :D

I missed the news on Channel 9 at 10:00PM. Hubby taped some news from the NBC broadcast around 4:30PM, so maybe NBC will show it again on the 11:00pm, or maybe the other channels will, I don't know.

Sorry to hear about the traffic problem dream chaser. That's part of why I moved out of Los Angeles :happy: And "Farmer's Market" is my old 'hood, so I had to go. Unfortunately I didn't get time to stop at Canters for some take-out and bakery items, or Andre's for spaghetti & salad... I couldn't even function afterwards :lol: I hope the kind woman I met at the event emails me her pics (Tamara, PLEASE!!!)

:hug:

BTW, some distant friend of a friend of a friend's friend... said... that she believe Bono may have been at a friend's party in Lake Sherwood on Saturday night. This person was at a party next door and could hear the party going on and swore she heard Bono - don't know if the others were in town or not, or if he was visiting a friend or whatever. So if you girls hear anything (or if I do, I'll let you know)

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
So he's moving thru the crowd on his way out...

from Maddy (I'm typing it):

We try to get ahead of the crowd so we might have a chance to see him or get a picture or something. And my Mom said 'one more for Maddy'. And so he turned around and puts his arm around me and my Mom is trying to take the picture, and her zoom is on too high so she's trying to adjust and backing up. She finally takes the picture, and I say 'see you in Hawaii'. He says 'you're going to Hawaii?', and I say 'yeah'. And he said 'go girl' and 'aloha'. And we thanked him!

And so (Lila speaking now) me and the other girls we met try to remain standing and not pass out. So for all of you out there, herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's Bono & Maddy! :happy:

3324bcp.jpg

FABULOUS!!!! and Yes Bono is SO AMAZING when he is not in a hurry or being rushed...I love how he looks you in the eye when he talks to you!!! YAY LILIA64!!! and daughter Maddy!!!....

OMG Lila, the pic of Maddy is PRICELESS! What a beautiful smile! I'm sure this was an experience she (and YOU) will NEVER forget! I am sooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!

Also, Congrats on post #20k!!!!!

u2wedge said:
I personally think this picture is classic... this was the one millisecond when Bono had his guard down.

2zecjft.jpg
[/QUOTE
:lmao:

he does have a kind of deer in the headlights look going on in that picture

as for Lila and Maddy - every kind of cool :rockon:

I saw a little tiny bit on the CBS2 News, but not any of the other news channels, at least not yet :grumpy:

ETA: Channel 13 just showed a clip. Not on NBC (4) tonite, and not on Channel 7 as far as I can tell (ABC)

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

We try to get ahead of the crowd so we might have a chance to see him or get a picture or something. And my Mom said 'one more for Maddy'. And so he turned around and puts his arm around me and my Mom is trying to take the picture, and her zoom is on too high so she's trying to adjust and backing up. She finally takes the picture, and I say 'see you in Hawaii'. He says 'you're going to Hawaii?', and I say 'yeah'. And he said 'go girl' and 'aloha'. And we thanked him!

And so (Lila speaking now) me and the other girls we met try to remain standing and not pass out. So for all of you out there, herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's Bono & Maddy! :happy:

3324bcp.jpg

This is a lovely picture of a beautiful moment for one very special young lady.

I'm glad that I posted about this possibility for you, Lila, Maddy and all the other PLEBAns that were able to see Bono and Ali today in LA.

Remember: we get to carry each other. :yes:

thanks again everyONE!

You know, I stare at that picture, and realize he's staring into my camera - my direction, me (in a sense). It's all too surreal. I'm just really happy, and I get to share it with all of you! :hug:

I have no access to wireimage, but I believe kelly posted some of the pics that appear here in the Chicago thread. Here's what I found - all small, but you can still enjoy :up:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryLis...&str=&styp=&sfld=&nbc1=1&sortval=3a&PageNum=1

Last edited:
Hey Lila, what I woderful story and fantastic pics! :drool: I'm so happy you got to meet our lovely Bman, and hold his hand!! :faint:
I know from experience how trilling an encounter with Bono is, however brief, and that feeling stays with you forever!!! :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

She looks familiar. Maybe a PA or someone that works with him for ONE or DATA?

Congrats, Lila and Maddy!

Maddy, that pic is adorable! That's a great pic of you even if Bono wasn't in it :cute:

I think that´s Catríona, B´s PA.

Wow Lila - what a weekend for you and Maddy! Thanks for sharing everything!! :up: :happy: :bow:

Lila64 said:

3324bcp.jpg

WOW-how sweet!! Congrats Lila and Maddy! What an awesome picture! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story! Very cool you were able to talk to Bono too!!!!

Back
Top Bottom