Bono and Ali in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
Did anyone here see them?

Bono and Ali were in Chicago today, doing promotion for Edun at Nordstrom's. Hundreds of people crowded around the store trying to get in.

Some fans going to the Snow Patrol concert tonight invited Bono to come along, but he declined, saying that he has to fly back to London tonight to continue recording the new album.

Please post photos or video links if you got 'em, thanks!

4U2Play said:
he has to fly back to London tonight to continue recording the new album.

WOW, what a buy schedule!

Thursday going on Friday at a London nightclub.
Friday evening in NY.
Saturday afternoon in Chicago.

And here I was thinking, things were crazy at my work.

While they jet set about the world on these chartered or privately owned jets, they are completely pampered just like being in a hotel suite or at home. They can sleep in a real bed, take a soak in a sunken tub or nice long hot steamy shower, eat and drink whatever and however much they like, watch TV, movies, listen to music, phone all over the world, surf the internet, get hair and make up done, facials, massages...whatever they want is at their beck and call. So that is how they turn up at event after event at places scattered all over the globe. (I know this because my uncle is a pilot and flies celebs all over the world).

In Zootopia, there was a meet and greet story by several lucky fans who talked with a woman film maker for EDUN/ONE and she told these fans that Ali and Bono would be in L.A. next week for another Nordstroms event.

She didn't give a date so it is plausible that Bono could fly back to London for a few days for recording and then fly to L.A. (maybe next weekend?) for an EDUN/ONE event before flying to N.O. for the Superdome event on the following Monday!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Latest on Bono and Ali in L.A.:

Nordstrums at the Grove, L.A. - Edun Event TOMORROW (Sunday 9/17) 1-2pm.

They said they were told to say "NOT FOR SURE" if Bono and Ali were showing up or not.

I would place my money that they do show up! :wink:

Jamila, first you were so sure Bono wasn't showing up at any events. I'm glad to see you were wrong.

The amazing Edun sales rep I spoke with today, also mentioned an event in Seattle. I didn't ask when that was though as I didn't want to push my luck.

these events are usually inside the store, right? Damn, I don't think I can make it into L.A. tomorrow.... what to do, what to do.
Thanks for the info Jamila

...must sleeeeeeeep... :yawn:

Edgette, if you read my first entry correctly, I put a question mark behind my thoughts to signal it was only my thoughts (I've seen many people do this online when they're expressing a thought which is not necessarily fact.

When the Zootops themselves found out the exact facts, then I immediately posted it here for any PLEBAns to check out in LA if they could.

I'm sure that anyone in the LA area isn't upset with me for trying to help them see Bono and Ali - so why should you be?

We have both met Bono many times (I've touched his arm too and more :wink: ) and every time that I have come away from meeting B I am so ecstatic that the last thing I can think to do for days is to be rude to some one else who is trying to help others.

I would ask the MODS right now to not allow this thread to be hijacked into a "Kill Jamila" thread.

I did nothing wrong in this thread and it would further TRANISH THE REPUTATION of this fansite if this thread was hijacked to flame me again for no reason at all.

I also don't think the man whose arm you touched yesterday would like all the negativity either.
:bonodrum:

PS

You're very welcomed Lila64 - I was only trying to help others.

Actually that was "tarnish the reputation of this fansite" but I think everyone knew what I was inferring.;)

Alright, so yesterday was such a rush. My mom and I got the opportunity to go to this event, and of course we went. We got there really early, so we spent the time just mulling around the store (4 stories of expensive clothing I could never get :drool: ). We were finally allowed to go into the closed off section of the store. In there, we had about an hour to socialize and have hors d'oeuvres and wine (I can't drink though, lol). Then Bono and Ali came in. They gave a presentation about Edun and One. After that, it was question time. I tried my best to think of one, but I couldn't. This one young girl asked about a childrens' line (where you came in Edgette I believe).
After questions, Bono and Ali came into the crowd to have pictures taken, etc. Ali came right over by us and took a picture with my mom. Bono came over, and the young girl who asked that question was by him. She started crying when they were about to take the picture. Bono says, "You know what? Since you're crying, you can wear these." AND HE TAKES OFF HIS GLASSES AND PUTS THEM ON HER. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. By the way, his eyes were waaaaay more blue than I expected. I seriously almost fainted.
Bono then makes his way over by us, takes a picture with my mom and then a picture with me. He put his arm around me for the picture....I almost couldn't move. My mom was going to take a picture with me and Ali, but she was shaking a lot. Ali misinterpreted my mom, TOOK MY CAMERA and took a picture of my mom and Bono. They then moved on through the people.
10 minutes later they came out to sign things. Somehow my mom and I managed to get right up front. She had brought a Vertigo shirt, but I forgot to bring anything. However, I found a National Honor Society pad of paper in my purse. My mom's shirt and my paper got signed. We couldn't believe it. I still wanted a picture of me and Ali. I got over to her and asked for a picture. She put her cheek directly next to mine for the picture. It was incredible. They again worked their way out, and then we left.
Needless to say, yesterday was so amazing. Bono is amazing. Ali is amazing (she's sooooo sweet and beautiful). I'll post pictures either in my next post or in PLEBA.

:love: Omg that's such a sweet story! Bono giving his glasses away, again, :cute:
Ali really sounds and looks like a warm and welcoming woman... I hope to meet her one day, same with Bono :)

WOW! Congrats on your Bono moment u2shamrock! :cute: That's just amazing..

I want to marry Ali and Bono :love:

WOW!!! Now if I could only get IN to the event and not just mull around Nordstrom's L.A. today... We'll give it a try...

BTW, how did you get into this :shifty:

Lila64 said:
WOW!!! Now if I could only get IN to the event and not just mull around Nordstrom's L.A. today... We'll give it a try...

BTW, how did you get into this :shifty:

My mom befriended the manager of the Nordstroms in Oak Brook. He knew how much I love U2. We're not sure how he picked us two to go in place of him (he couldn't go for some reason). He gave the people our names a few days ago, and we just had to present our IDs to get in from there.

awesome story. i can't wait to see your pictures u2 shamrock!

Ack, u2shamrock, that is such a cool story. Not to mention very sweet and cute :) You are lucky!

:shifty: Did you ask him anything about our man? :p

Pics!! :hyper:

245665756_7932bfbd7d.jpg

245674590_e8806f5953.jpg

245674593_b73de6c98e.jpg

245674598_e1e1267e1d.jpg

245674600_631f87aa10.jpg

245674603_935a62c15c.jpg

245674609_3a20f4bcea.jpg

Congrats Shamrock, that sounds like a dream, something I'm sure you'll both never forget!!!!!
Lets see somemore pictures, you lucky dog!!!!
Did he smell nice?

Back
Top Bottom