Bono addresses World Affairs Council of Oregon - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #41
Refugee

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl
i think we might be semi close in seating compared to *somebody* ahem, with ground seats

*LOL* Yeah, I might be the only one sitting there. Just imagine me in a sea of empty chairs while everyone else will be in the more reasonably priced sections Bono would be like "what the f*ck?". This trip is my early b-day present to myself so I splurged.

This will be my first time seeing Bono in person since November 1988 @ the Rattle and Hum Premiere in Hollywood. I was only 13! Now I'm 29 going on 30

Old 10-07-2004, 05:42 AM   #42
The Fly

Local Time: 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by karmic_postmark Yeah, I might be the only one sitting there. Just imagine me in a sea of empty chairs while everyone else will be in the more reasonably priced sections Bono would be like "what the f*ck?".
I don't know, I think demand for tickets might have pushed people onto the floor at the higher price! I was at the computer waiting for the sale to start, and was surprised that the cheapest were already gone! Of course, I was looking for three, so maybe individual tickets were available. But I panicked and bought the more expensive ones. I'm thinking anyone who logged in after me was forced to the same. I'm assuming most of the people on the floor will be WAC members anyway, but hopefully you won't be the only fan down there! If you're alone in a sea of empty chairs, we will come visit. Maybe stay a while...

Old 10-07-2004, 12:44 PM   #43
Refugee

Sounds good!
Old 10-14-2004, 04:26 PM   #44
The Fly

hey guys, I just did a search on ticketmaster to see if tickets were still available for this event (totally out of curiosity). I did a search for tickets in the $50 range, and some are still available. In fact, they are better than the seats I got on the very first day of the sale! I called ticketmaster and tried to switch mine for them, but they said "sorry, no refunds or exchanges"

I believe these seats are on the floor, so grab them while you can...
Old 10-14-2004, 08:51 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

If any of you attending the event would like to cover it for Interference.com, please let me know.

Thank you,
Devlin Smith
Contributing Editor
Interference.com
devlin@interference.com
Old 10-15-2004, 09:36 PM   #46
Refugee

Hi u2bonogirl & drealynn42,
I was wondering what time you'd be arriving on the 20th? Are you planning just to make it an hour or so before 7pm? Or will you be more than a few hours early and looking to kill time? If so, maybe we can all hang out before hand and grab an early dinner. My treat of course

I have been looking forward to this event so much for weeks . Now that it's only days away I'm so excited!!! I feel like I'm about to The one thing that is bothering me though is the fact that I'm still not able to walk at a normal stride without or with my crutch. I've been working so hard to be able to. I have what my niece refers to as a pimp limp it's very attractive I'm kind of nervous travelling semi-faraway when I'm still not 100%.
Broken bones blow! On the bright side by the time U2 hits the road I'll be ready
So has anyone taken up Devlin's offer?

Old 10-15-2004, 10:09 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Gosh I really wish I could go. I hope you all that are going enjoy the City of Roses, (and Bono)
Old 10-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:50 PM
hey karmic! i was planning on being there ridiculously early being the freako bono girl that i am. lol
i would love to meet anybody who is going so i can put faces with names on interference! im sooooo excited
all i keep saying is BONO ON WEDNESDAY
im going to be gone, i have to see bono.
people are starting to think im like rain man or something
i wish i could have gotten a floor seat....but i wasnt going to be able to go in the first place so im very thankful for my mezanine seats.
i think i will take devlin up on his offer if nobody else is. though im sure the more accounts the better accuracy. considering we will all be drooling the whole time we are going to have to ask each other, now what happened for the last half hour because i was lost in bonoland!!

out of curiosity, does anyone know how were supposed to dress? i mean is casual okay or is it a more formal event?
because i dress casual everywhere
BUT for bono i can make an exception
cant wait to meet you!
Old 10-16-2004, 01:15 AM   #49
Refugee

Quote:
out of curiosity, does anyone know how were supposed to dress? i mean is casual okay or is it a more formal event?
*sigh of relief* I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about that. I'm going to play it safe and wear what i like to call my "uniform". Which consists of a knee length skirt, a curve hugging sweater and flats. Pretty basic but comfortable.

Quote:
all i keep saying is BONO ON WEDNESDAY
I know what you mean. I'll be hanging out with a friend then all of a sudden it dawns on me I'LL BE SITTING IN THE SAME ROOM AS BONO ON WEDNESDAYI can't help but let out a little giggle.....then blurt it out loud to my friend! *sigh* Bono makes me feel all giddy like a school girl

Quote:
cant wait to meet you!
Me too!!!!
I can email you my cell number or you can send me your number and I''ll give you a ring this weekend.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:53 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

ah, great minds do think alike dont they!
im going semi casual. wearing my levi's butt-jeans. lol
and maybe a button up shirt or something not grubby. (i work outside so most of my clothes are trashed)
and maybe my bonoboots
hey, this deserves makeup too. i never wear makeup, i always get it wrong but im making an attempt.

because like you, i feel giddy like a schoolgirl when i think of bono
my number is 541-921-3862
haha, now everyone who sees this will know my number but oh well, were all friends here
Old 10-17-2004, 10:58 AM   #51
The Fly

Hi Girls!

I don't know if any of you remember me from the Zootopia site or not, but I will most likely be going down to Portland for this if any of you want to say Hi or have a drink, I may have time....I'll be rushing to the airport afterward so it would have to be before hand.
I've rescheduled my entire trip around Bono's appearance in Portland. LOL!
Old 10-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #52
War Child

I won't be going. I just spent nearly $1000 on my trip to AZ. Family first.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:30 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

hey duchess!
I would be glad to meet everybody who is going to the event
Hopefully I will get there pretty early so I can bum around the rose garden and meet people, maybe wait and see if Bono drives up or something

awww, nanavancouver..... we'll tell you everything about it.
I'll be paying attention, trust me. This is my first bonoevent
I spent a bunch on a trip to AZ too for my BF
-er- fiancee but i had enough change saved up to get a semicrappy ticket
i hope nobody has to sit in the balcony, thats ungodly beings ghow bono will be all the way down there on the floor and hes so short!
i dunno, though, with the shoes hes been wearing lately you might be face to face with him in the balcony....
Old 10-17-2004, 11:11 PM   #54
Refugee

The weather channel online is forecasting rain all FUCKING week for Portland.....rain and crutches don't mix!!!!!

Tara what's a good time to call?
Old 10-18-2004, 06:10 AM   #55
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by karmic_postmark
The weather channel online is forecasting rain all FUCKING week for Portland.....rain and crutches don't mix!!!!!

Tara what's a good time to call?
The rain should let up some time in March.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

karmic!
hey, a good time to call on wednesday would probably be sometime in the afternoon, like two o clock?
dunno, depends on what everyone else is doing i guess....i can get to portland pretty much any time i feel like it so its up to whoever else has to travel farther.

as for the crutches, i can give you a piggy back ride
i might be small looking but i gave a 250 lb friend of mine a piggy back ride up a whole flight of stairs
Im sure if you need an umbrella, or help with anything I can do it for you
i wonder if wearing my leather jacket would be a bad idea for rain
Old 10-19-2004, 12:11 AM   #57
CMM
War Child

Location: In the alley beating the tar of out MSN Messenger 2009 with a crowbar
Quote:
Originally posted by nanavancouver

The rain should let up some time in March.
More like May, mid-June.
Even July as payback for all the sun we had this month. (was nice for driving up to Mt. St. Helens, tho.)
Old 10-19-2004, 12:45 AM   #58
The Fly

Quote:
hey duchess!
I would be glad to meet everybody who is going to the event
Hopefully I will get there pretty early so I can bum around the rose garden and meet people, maybe wait and see if Bono drives up or something

HI!
Hey, Bono is not short! He's travel-size! LOL

I might actually be one of those people in the cheap seats. LOL I don't mind though, reallly.

Thanks for being up for meeting whoever decides to go. You sound like fun and I think it's great that this is your first Bono event - I've seen him many times but I still get goosebumps. LOL

BTW, I'm 23 and live in Seattle. If you want you can email me at talktomebaby@casaleconsulting.com but as far as I know I'll be at the Amtrak Station at about 2:15pm and I think you have a really good idea about going early to the arena and trying to see him go in, that is, if it's not too fe*king freezing. LOL
Old 10-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #59
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by karmic_postmark
Hi u2bonogirl & drealynn42,
I was wondering what time you'd be arriving on the 20th? Are you planning just to make it an hour or so before 7pm? Or will you be more than a few hours early and looking to kill time? If so, maybe we can all hang out before hand and grab an early dinner. My treat of course

So has anyone taken up Devlin's offer?
hi

I've been trying to decide whether or not I should agree to meet with you guys, since I want to but I can't guarantee what time I will be getting in. I'm hoping to get there by 6:00 when the doors open but I would hate to make an appointment and then keep you guys waiting. I told Devlin that I am taking my digital camera and will try to get pictures if they are allowed. We'll be in seats 203 M 15-17 if anyone wants to find me and get their picture taken for the report thingy. That is, we'll be in those seats if we don't figure out how to move up, hehe...
Old 10-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #60
Refugee

The Eagle has landed

I left LA at 11:10am this morning I finally arrived in Portland at 6:00pm. I've never seen so many trees....it's amazing! The Holiday Inn is really close to the Rose Garden I'm glad I decided to stay here.

I'm so