Bono: a vegatarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry's not a vegetarian anymore though, is he? :confused:

I think earlier this year there was an article that said something like, "Larry Mullen, who used to be a vegetarian..."

Ali is a vegetarian.... Bono used to cook in their earlies days, according to Ali he had this 'pork thingy'... but when she went veg, he didn't cook anymore... :D I wonder what Bono's pork-thingy tastes like...
I got this from Showbizireland.com btw..
Speaking to the Irish press recently Ali, who is campaigning against Sellafield Nuclear Plant in the UK said, "he can't cook or clean. Although when we first moved in he used to do all the cooking. He used to make this thing with pork. But, when I gave up meat he didn't cook any more."

voila, and btw, I tried to send it to the site, but you have to friggin join them to email them!... get damn correct info! :lol: and I am sure I do have a picture somewhere here of Bono sitting in a restaurant with a steak in front of him... made by a fan... I can't remember where, but I've seen several of them!

Last edited:
I didn't see Chris Martin from coldplay on the list. He's one too.

PETA has done some very radical things. I'm not much for them, since they aren't much for dogs and cats.

I don't believe he is one, others here have stated they saw him eating a steak. Even a year ago I saw a story about Ali being veggie but he wasn't. I have seen a lot of stories about him being a big eater, meat and all.

and I don't think they'd raise their kids as veggies too... I mean it's not that good for growing up to be a veggie..... so maybe Ali is the only one not eating meat, but the rest of the family does eat it?

I don't think this is true....there is a thread around here somewhere that mentioned Bono complementing a chef on his wonderful Fois Grois (Duck Liver Pate'). Def. not vegatarian.

Galeongirl said:
and I don't think they'd raise their kids as veggies too... I mean it's not that good for growing up to be a veggie..... so maybe Ali is the only one not eating meat, but the rest of the family does eat it?

For the record, I pretty much grew up veggie, and I turned out OK. :wink:

Some of my friends who are veggie have let their kids decide on their own whether or not to eat meat. One friend's daughter only eats poultry or fish.

Anyone know the truth about Larry?

There was a thread in EYKIW about Ali and Bono eating in a restaurant and they both had a meat dish.

Who really cares?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
There was a thread in EYKIW about Ali and Bono eating in a restaurant and they both had a meat dish.

Who really cares?

Well what if Bono would come over and I would want to make a nice romatic dinner for him huh?
I'd been really embarrassed if I cooked a steak for him and then found out he was a vegetarian :tsk:

now to finding out what kind of wine he likes....

:wink:

partygirl43 said:
I don't think this is true....there is a thread around here somewhere that mentioned Bono complementing a chef on his wonderful Fois Grois (Duck Liver Pate'). Def. not vegatarian.
may I state that Foie Gras can be either duck or goose ^^ Foie gras de canard is duck, and the other one I always forget is the goose :D yes my father has a cook addiction... and he loves anything french... don't start about wine to him, I bet he and Bono could rant on for ages about wines... wait, that could be a very nice idea to get my parents to like them! :lol:
ok enough nonsense from my side ... :censored:

Galeongirl said:

may I state that Foie Gras can be either duck or goose ^^ Foie gras de canard is duck, and the other one I always forget is the goose :D yes my father has a cook addiction... and he loves anything french... don't start about wine to him, I bet he and Bono could rant on for ages about wines... wait, that could be a very nice idea to get my parents to like them! :lol:
ok enough nonsense from my side ... :censored:

I'm not sure that there's is anything to conclusively support Bono and/or Ali being vegetarian, but I know Bono's allergic to a lot of wines.

I'm not sure that there's is anything to conclusively support Bono and/or Ali being vegetarian, but I know Bono's allergic to a lot of wines.

yep, red wine makes him sleepy.. but still, he drinks it... and enjoys it :D so who's stopping him?
not me, say, what would you do if he'd ask you to drink a glass of red wine with him... say it's bad for you and thank him and walk away?? I dont think so... :D

Galeongirl said:

yep, red wine makes him sleepy.. but still, he drinks it... and enjoys it :D so who's stopping him?
not me, say, what would you do if he'd ask you to drink a glass of red wine with him... say it's bad for you and thank him and walk away?? I dont think so... :D

Red wine is good for you (well, a glass a day). Bono's allergic to it.

Red wine is good for you (well, a glass a day). Bono's allergic to it.

but it's pretty interesting... I'm curious what exactly is that he's allergic too... the main difference between red and white/rosé wine(besides the color and types of the grapes) is that red wine has a stuff named Tanine(that's the dutch name, don't know if it's different in english, dictionary doesn't know it) and that stuff is also in Tea.... and in coffee... but coffee does the oposite to Bono, makes him very very hyperactive... so if anybody knows something about it... tell mee :nerd:

I know nothing of wine since I hate it so I wouldn't know. Perhaps Bono is allergic to ALL wine, but that has been misinterpreted b/c he may have said "no, I'm allergic" in a situation where he was offered red wine? I dunno, just going by what I've read in interviews. I've read/heard him mention the wine allergy a few times, but I've never seen/heard anything to suggest he or Ali is a vegetarian.

I know nothing of wine since I hate it so I wouldn't know. Perhaps Bono is allergic to ALL wine, but that has been misinterpreted b/c he may have said "no, I'm allergic" in a situation where he was offered red wine? I dunno, just going by what I've read in interviews. I've read/heard him mention the wine allergy a few times, but I've never seen/heard anything to suggest he or Ali is a vegetarian.

I've seen it stated more than once that he is allergic to red wine... and also, the picture of him sleeping at the table, and a few other ones of him sleeping on a table or desk with his head... what's in the glass? exactly, red wine!

Galeongirl said:

I've seen it stated more than once that he is allergic to red wine... and also, the picture of him sleeping at the table, and a few other ones of him sleeping on a table or desk with his head... what's in the glass? exactly, red wine!

Doesn't he have a worse reaction that sleepiness? Lots of people have that reaction from any kind of wine (my mom especially, one glass), but it seems like an allergy implies a more serious reaction.

I suppose if it's bad, he's not exactly going to drink it and find out! :wink:

Doesn't he have a worse reaction that sleepiness? Lots of people have that reaction from any kind of wine (my mom especially, one glass), but it seems like an allergy implies a more serious reaction.

I suppose if it's bad, he's not exactly going to drink it and find out! :wink:

well, everything I've read about it says it just makes him incredibly sleepy... and he fell asleep on the weirdest places.. there is this story I've only heard a little bit of that he actually once fell asleep on the ground of the men's room... and that wasn't the first time... argh I can't remember wich interview it was....

From TIME magazine March 4th, 2002 "Can Bono Save The World?"

At 1:30 a.m., exactly five hours after his bravura Super Bowl show, Bono is exercising the rock star's fundamental right to be ridiculous. At a celebratory post-game dinner in the French Quarter with his band mates, the U2 management team and actress Ashley Judd (an old friend), he throws back some red wine, tells a few stories about Frank Sinatra, leaves a rambling cell-phone message for Judd's husband gently informing him that his wife has been kidnapped by a rock band, and then sneaks off to the bathroom for a cigarette. (Bono thinks the rest of U2 doesn't know he smokes; they know.) After 15 minutes, guitarist the Edge, who adopts a kind, paternalistic role toward his childhood friend and band mate, glances toward the bathroom and says nervously, "Bono's allergic to red wine." Sure enough, Bono has passed out on the bathroom floor. U2's deputy manager, Sheila Roche, is unconcerned and continues sipping her drink. "He's probably just taking a nap. He's an excellent napper," she says.

A few minutes later, Bono emerges rumpled but renewed. As he exits the restaurant and makes his way through the mob on Bourbon Street, he throws his hands in the air and screams to no one in particular, "No, I will not do the snake dance for you!"

:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom