Blue room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi, I need your help.

I am going to change house in some months and I am starting to think about my next bedroom.
I'd like to paint the walls in blue... But I am not sure it's a good idea.

what do you think?

the thing that keeps me from doing the walls blue is that I am afraid that, if I get tired, the blue won't be so easy to cover...
especially if, in the future, I'll want to paint the walls with a light colour!

I miss my bedroom at my dad's house so much. The walls are a beautiful shade of blue. I also had a wallpaper border of whales and dophins put up. I never grew tired of that soothing blue color. :heart:

I found a pic in my Photobucket account where you can at least get a tiny glimpse!

100_1833.jpg

Here's some pics of my current room. I cleaned it so well the other day and was so proud, I had to photograph the occasion, since it will probably never look this clean again. It's got a PopMart theme. I wanted to paint the walls navy blue (with one red wall), but it would be WAY to expensive w/ all the primer and paint I'd need, plus I think it'd be a bit dark since I'm in the basement.

room3.JPG

room4.JPG

room1.JPG

room2.JPG

room5.JPG

I think my walls will be blue -- If I ever get tired of it I'll use Bonochick's technique!

239877ee.jpg

This is my bedroom wall from about 5 years ago. It still looks the same. Its a pale blue with a purpley blue french washed over the top. Ive never tired of it.

I did the loungeroom and dining room in a pale yellow with saffron french wash and when Im in a grumpy mood I dont like it.

The bathrooms in more a wedgewood blue french wash and Im tired of it. It currently has samples of various other colours over the top.

But the purpley blue french wash Ive never tired off and all ways receives compliments, unlike the saffron.

PS Ignore the doona. Thats my emergency doona cover, its not for general use.

One of my best friends painted her room blue and then got all sorts of beachy accessories. It's the coolest room ever. She's never regretted it.

Bonochick said:

first, I love the bono/macphisto posters :drool: :wink:
but I also love that blue color shade.

my friend has her walls painted that shade, or like skyblue or something, and she said since it's kind of a soft shade, it makes her mood feel all serene and soothed when she hangs around in her room.

i like it :up:

I've heard many times that blue is a soothing color and good for relaxing/studying, so it makes a great wall color for bedrooms.

I guess if you choose a light blue you won't get tired of it. :) Although I would never give up my white walls, chasing the mosquitos would be quite difficult on another colour lol!

@LLABM: beautiful room!:ohmy: Do you mind if I ask you where you find all those POP posters? I never found any.. :(

Advah said:

@LLABM: beautiful room!:ohmy: Do you mind if I ask you where you find all those POP posters? I never found any.. :(

All but three are from eBay, mostly shipped from the UK. The other three from poster sites (like pushposters.com and posternow.com I think). There's actually three more PopMart posters I desperately want, though I'm out of wall space.

It goes like this...
All colors should be in "pastel" colours. Not heavy...but light and easy to look at colours.

Blue - for a bedroom. (So you can sleep better at night, and wake up EVERY morning with a nice clear day...even if it´s raining)

Yellow/Beige - for the living room. (So it´s always a sunny and charming place to stay and party)

Green with some yellow - for kitchen. (Nice outdoor "fresh" feel to the kitchen. You can imagine having a barbecue everyday.)

White - for bathroom. (Nice and "clean" feel to the W.C.)

Any other room should be painted with one wall a different colour. (That way you can have your friends over for a party and put the music loud an´turn that room into a "PARTY ROOM")

Any other advise on wall colouring and interior decorating will cost you 5,00 euros.
You can send the money by check or mail to my address...

My room is orange and yellow....yes...orange and yellow :lol:

I'm fed up of it myself, as its been the same for about 6 years :|

I have ONE poster of U2...yes....ONE!

And that is the Vertigo tour poster.

*ponders re-decorating*

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

All but three are from eBay, mostly shipped from the UK. The other three from poster sites (like pushposters.com and posternow.com I think). There's actually three more PopMart posters I desperately want, though I'm out of wall space.

Ok, thanks! I'll check those sites. :)

bono_gal said:
My room is orange and yellow....yes...orange and yellow :lol:

hey.. my last room was too! I thought it was cool
but now i moved and did everything ( I live in one room.. I am a student ;)) light yellow

always sunny.. from morning when I open my eyes to evening when i study late

Max_theHitman said:
It goes like this...
All colors should be in "pastel" colours. Not heavy...but light and easy to look at colours.

Blue - for a bedroom. (So you can sleep better at night, and wake up EVERY morning with a nice clear day...even if it´s raining)

Yellow/Beige - for the living room. (So it´s always a sunny and charming place to stay and party)

Green with some yellow - for kitchen. (Nice outdoor "fresh" feel to the kitchen. You can imagine having a barbecue everyday.)

White - for bathroom. (Nice and "clean" feel to the W.C.)

Any other room should be painted with one wall a different colour. (That way you can have your friends over for a party and put the music loud an´turn that room into a "PARTY ROOM")

Any other advise on wall colouring and interior decorating will cost you 5,00 euros.
You can send the money by check or mail to my address...

my kitchen is green! the walls are a bright grass green and I have a pine ceiling:drool: its beautiful together...then our bedroom is dk blue...

but not pastels:| ew

Back
Top Bottom