Blender article!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quiggs

The Fly
Hello!

I have internet access again, which I'm really excited about! So, I decided to come in and say hello! I missed PLEBA!

I bought the Blender magazine today, and I wanted to share part of it with you. I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet, so I thought I would do it. If it has been posted sorry!

Also, I am pretty sure that we are allowed to post articles, as I have seen it done before. If not - Sorry!:sad: - feel free to delete the thread.

Okay... here goes...

10 Impertinent Questions for U2
The rock legends on supermodels, hair loss, and the “fat fella”

Hey, Bono!
You’re 44, dude! Isn’t it time to put the leather trousers away?
“I did put them away, but then I got into the old leatherette in the early ‘90s. Hmm, warm leatherette. You have to tread very carefully with shorts and leather trousers. And as for leather shorts...”

Hey, Larry!
Get a real bike! Don’t you know that Harleys are for pussies?
“What can I tell you? Put some class on your ass, ride a Harley. I hate the idea of being a weekend warrior, but I’ll go for a decent length ride now and again.”

Hey, Adam!
Are you done with all those supermodels?
“I have. But they just won’t leave me alone.”

Hey, Edge!
Why don’t you put the effects pedals away and play a proper tune?
“I think we have. But sometimes our best songs come out of those weird sounds. ‘Beautiful Day’ came out of Brian Eno’s loops, so don’t knock it!”

Hey, Larry!
Why you still rockin’ the James Dean look?
“I’m not only still rockin’ it, I’m still workin’ it.”

Hey, Adam!
Ever thought about playing all the strings on the bass and not just the thickest one?
“Some people need to play the thinner strings. I don’t. I’m happy with the fat fella.”

Hey, Bono!
Have you, like, totally forgotten how to party?
“I think it was Marianne Faithful - who knows about these things - who said decadence is not about living the life ad tasting the finest wine but having the finest wine and not tasting it. I think she called it “the sweet aroma of spoiled opportunity.’”

Hey, Edge!
When are you gonna let us see what’s left underneath the hat?
“Hats off, Blender, to the most original question ever. Albeit slightly hair-ist.”

Hey, Larry!
When are you gonna quit using those arty rhythms and play some real rock drums?
“I’m practicing, man. Give me a chance.”

Hey, Adam!
Please tell us you’re not going to get your cock out on this sleeve.
“ I think I might retire that old friend... for now.”

Adrian Deevoy
Blender Magazine November 2004

That's all for now! Goodnight everyone! Talk to you tomorrow!

Hey, Adam!
Ever thought about playing all the strings on the bass and not just the thickest one?
“Some people need to play the thinner strings. I don’t. I’m happy with the fat fella.”

:lmao: Adam wins! That's hilarious. The 'fat fella' indeed - I'll never look at a bass the same way again.

Cheers ~Ultra

I marched right up to the counter at Borders today...all proud with my BlackBook and Blender mags (picked through the whole pile to find the best looking ones) and slapped 'em down. The woman behind the counter stared at the covers for a second and took a breath, "He's a gorgeous man, isn't he?" :yes:

starsgoblue said:
I marched right up to the counter at Borders today...all proud with my BlackBook and Blender mags (picked through the whole pile to find the best looking ones) and slapped 'em down. The woman behind the counter stared at the covers for a second and took a breath, "He's a gorgeous man, isn't he?" :yes:

HAHAHAHA.

I managed to apprehend the ferocious beast that ruthlessy attacked Larry.....It wasn't easy catching this maneater, I tell ya. Whew. I thought I was a goner for sure.

Behold!

kitten.bmp

I just stood and stared at the magazine rack when I first came across it.....it was liking finding the Holy Grail! The light was emanating from it and that 'aaaaaah" sound was in my head. :laugh:

It is a beautiful beautiful cover.....

oh yeah. i was a freak in the store when it finally came to where i could get it.
i walked in safeway when the lady who brings in the tubs of mags was there. and i ran to the aisle to get it and she hadnt stocked that section yet
i asked her if she had it and she did
so i asked her to get it out for me
and she said it was too much trouble
:Dso then i asked if i could root around in the tubs myself!
and she said no :madspit:
i made her promise me it would be out in no less than a half hour and then i came back for it

i stood there holding it going "yes yes yes!" in front of a bunch of people hugging the magazine

im definately getting checked in to the u2 psycho ward for an addiction to u2 and blue crack:huh:

i thought the part when bono stole the blender persons quote and asked to make it his own in that adorable flirty way he has. *sigh* it was really cute.......
and larry afraid of cats! :lol:
and lifting up his shirt in the restaurant...dangerous

u2bonogirl said:
im definately getting checked in to the u2 psycho ward for an addiction to u2 and blue crack:huh:

The MERCK manual really needs to catch up with the times and diagnose this as a real and dibilatating sickness...*sniffle*. How long must we suffer from misdianoses of pyschosis and dementia?? It isn't our fault! This is a disease!!

starsgoblue said:

The MERCK manual really needs to catch up with the times and diagnose this as a real and dibilatating sickness...*sniffle*. How long must we suffer from misdianoses of pyschosis and dementia?? It isn't our fault! This is a disease!!
:yes: Here, here!

Back
Top Bottom