Blast From The Past

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Echo

War Child
Hello all,

Wanted to let you all know that I've just completed work on The Man Corral, an archive of my wild and carefree days on PLEBA. The URL is:

http://echosphere.net/man_corral/home.html

Featured on the site:

- The remains of the PLEBA Glossary (The host site is gone but I managed to grab a few entries from webarchive.org)
- Some of my Photoshop projects and other bits of art made specifically for PLEBA posts, including the notorious TAMALE Magazine pictures
- All the scripts I ever wrote for PLEBA
- And of course, my collaborations with the lovely and talented Mona, most of which were post-PLEBA, but whatever.

Most of you probably don't remember me or know what I'm talking about here, but even so I think you'll find The Man Corral an amusing collection of U2 goodness.

Anyone who's interested in the rest of my U2 material (plus much in the way of LOTR content) can visit http://echosphere.net and find it all.

Love and kisses,
Echo

thanks for the post! haven't seen the glossary in a long time...it was fun to browse it again :)

Cool, thanks!
Am I hallucinating, or was "Pez Dispenser" not also in the Glossary at one time? I wonder if any of the newbies can guess what that referred to.:wink:

Thanks for posting that! It brings back all sorts of really cool memories. I was a PLEBAn before I was anything else on Interference. I registered so I could go *THUD* over hot Bono pix.:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

^ :happy: totally ditto

And the LOTR pictures!! That's waaaayy too funny!!! :lmao: And hey, I did think that was a real Edge picture!!! :shifty: :rant: :lmao: :reject:

biff said:
Cool, thanks!
Am I hallucinating, or was "Pez Dispenser" not also in the Glossary at one time? I wonder if any of the newbies can guess what that referred to.:wink:

It was indeed in the Glossary, but I could not recover that entry.

So, I guess it has been a while.....I don't remember what "Pez Dispenser" meant. Will you tell me, or do I have to guess too?

Echo, wow... that's amazing.

Have you spoken with Mona lately? If so, how is she?

And you wouldn't happen to have any of the old MacPhisto Society stories on hand, do you? (This is Bona, by the way)...

Just curious. And thanks for this... what a head trip! :)

Echo said:

It was indeed in the Glossary, but I could not recover that entry.

So, I guess it has been a while.....I don't remember what "Pez Dispenser" meant. Will you tell me, or do I have to guess too?

I will tell, but I'd love to see the best guesses first. That could be fun!:D

Okay well. I've just wasted many hours reading, reading, reading, reading. And I loved every minute of it.
See, I actually discovered the EchoSphere before I ever even discovered PLEBA, and had quite enjoyed myself.
But this new stuff? Even better (than the real thing :wink: )!

Echo, you rock my... Bon-Jovi slipper socks.

biff said:

I will tell, but I'd love to see the best guesses first. That could be fun!:D

if i recall correctly it was referring to a certain person with a propensity to pop things out.... no?

I wish I could have been around then! Sounds great fun! I think the reason that I can't be classified a real PLEBAn is because I can't post pictures, defeating the main point of the PLEBA forum!
Now if I could have Edge over he could fix me......my computer that is....!:wink:

rockbaby said:
Echo, wow... that's amazing.

Have you spoken with Mona lately? If so, how is she?

And you wouldn't happen to have any of the old MacPhisto Society stories on hand, do you? (This is Bona, by the way)...

Just curious. And thanks for this... what a head trip! :)

Hello again Bona.

Good news is, I do still have that one epic MacPhisto story, the one that I re-formatted into a "novel." I can email it to you if you like.

Bad news is, I haven't really spoken to Mona since she went off to college back in Sept 2002. I tried emailing her and IMing her yesterday in regards to the Man Corral site, but got no response. She'd be a senior at the University of Maryland now...

I'm really sad I haven't discovered this place earlier, I'm lolling over all these things now!
my favorite up to now:
Bono's Suggestive Noises
An ongoing discussion of various sexy noises and provacative lyrics that Bono provides us with on a near constant basis. Examples include:
-The moaning in "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me."
-The whispered "I wanna suck you" in "If You Wear That Velvet Dress."
-The last five seconds of "Big Girls Are Best."
Mona came up with the first list, and various PLEBAcites have contributed lyrics and created actual WAV file "remixes" of Bono's frequent panting and growling.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
(there is a thread in wich this is discussed now... so it's pretty up-to-date ^^) are any of these remixes still available>?

Galeongirl said:
I'm really sad I haven't discovered this place earlier, I'm lolling over all these things now!
my favorite up to now:
Bono's Suggestive Noises

(there is a thread in wich this is discussed now... so it's pretty up-to-date ^^) are any of these remixes still available>?

I don't have the remixes anymore, myself, but one of my websites is a collection of U2 soundclips, including about 100 in the section titled "Bono's Suggestive Noises."

http://echosphere.net/noise/main.html

I suppose anyone with some time and ambition could create a new mix with those.

So there you go.

Echo said:

Hello again Bona.

Good news is, I do still have that one epic MacPhisto story, the one that I re-formatted into a "novel." I can email it to you if you like.

Bad news is, I haven't really spoken to Mona since she went off to college back in Sept 2002. I tried emailing her and IMing her yesterday in regards to the Man Corral site, but got no response. She'd be a senior at the University of Maryland now...

I know that about half of the stories are in the Archives here on PLEBA, but obviously nothing is here that was written after we moved to the other site. I think the Archives have everything up to the Honeymoon story...

Still, I'd love to have the novelization. :) You can email it to me at deeperintoblack at gmail dot com. :)

And once again - thanks for the head trip! Hopefully you'll hear from Mona...

Echo said:

I don't have the remixes anymore, myself, but one of my websites is a collection of U2 soundclips, including about 100 in the section titled "Bono's Suggestive Noises."

http://echosphere.net/noise/main.html

I suppose anyone with some time and ambition could create a new mix with those.

So there you go.

thank you ^^ I'm still reading, this might take a while... and what I was wondering about... since when is PLEBA so... censored?.... to read the 'elevated' thing... :angel: I accidentally posted those two pictures here a while back... and found out it wasn't allowed... since when is that?

Damn it, why couldn't I have been a U2 fan longer? I would have found this site quicker in there back in the day!

Anywho, I'm still reading the PLEBA Glossary. My favourite so far:

Larry Mullen, Jr.
U2's drummer. Classified as "Conventionally good-looking." Larry has not aged since 1982. It is suspected that he was the inspiration for Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray." This would make Larry at least 150 years old, but considering the circumstances, this isn't too farfetched.

Hahaha!

And with the explanation of 'Elevated', I now know what Galeongirl was on about on the Caption thread regarding my Cop Bono captions. Although I did have some idea on what it was about...

SimplyConfused said:

And with the explanation of 'Elevated', I now know what Galeongirl was on about on the Caption thread regarding my Cop Bono captions. Although I did have some idea on what it was about...

isn't it amazing how some people can think the same, without even knowing about the others existance???
I mean, I didn't know about that site, or that it was an actual meaning... I just... dunno where I started using that as first.. on a different site I think... and we were commenting the two london pics there, since they are from that site... u2-vertigo-tour.com and well, now I found out I"m not the only one using that synonym... ^^ good that you get me now... I'm insane, yes I know...

OMFG Echo, You are brilliant!
I ahve tears in my eyes lauging over this
http://echosphere.net/man_corral/script_restaurant.html
I just wish I'd been there before.... brilliant, just brilliant... and now I have to get a tissue before my parents gonna think I'm crying!

Last edited:
ah this is great! :laugh: i remember some of this stuff... I was actually on PLEBA during Elevation tour under a different name, don't remember what cuz I didn't post much, mostly lurked. I joined because someone told me about elevated Bono :shifty: no wonder I'm so crazy, I was like 12 then :lol:

Edgie Wedgie Poo Poo :lmao: I totally dare someone to call him that if they meet him!!

AtomicBono said:
ah this is great! :laugh: i remember some of this stuff... I was actually on PLEBA during Elevation tour under a different name, don't remember what cuz I didn't post much, mostly lurked. I joined because someone told me about elevated Bono :shifty: no wonder I'm so crazy, I was like 12 then :lol:

Edgie Wedgie Poo Poo :lmao: I totally dare someone to call him that if they meet him!!
err, to quote Bono, don't mess with a man who makes a living of a hand-eye coördination....
I'm totally lolling over everything.. great site :D

That stuff is hilarious, I wish I had beed a pleban back then.

On another note, whenever I try to access the new Fooksburgh site, I keep getting a "File Not Found". Anyone else having this problem?

Back
Top Bottom