Bizzare Likes And Dislikes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BluberryPoptart said:
My mom makes fun of me and says I'm 'immature' because I won't cut up a chicken or pound steak, but it's like hacking up a body to me:yikes: :barf: I am somebody who could eventually go veggie but never vegan!

The sight of raw meat makes me want to throw up. :barf: I can't imagine touching it :no: I consider deli meat to be raw meat even though it's cooked. It all looks the same to me. :yuck: I took my grandpa grocery shopping the other day and I wanted to run away when he ordered some deli meat thing that I had to put away for him in the fridge when we got back to his house. It was in a wrapper but the whole idea of what was inside made me ill. I could seriously go on and on forever about how I absolutely hate meat and I don't understand how or why anyone would want to eat a dead animal....

BluberryPoptart said:
I hate seafood. :yuck: I go to a resturant and find out it's seafood buffet night and walk out. Though I do eat burgers and some meat, there is some that the sight of raw or cooking with the blood coming out makes me sick. If it comes in a wrapper or already cooked I'll have it, if I have to do it, I won't. My mom makes fun of me and says I'm 'immature' because I won't cut up a chicken or pound steak, but it's like hacking up a body to me:yikes: :barf: I am somebody who could eventually go veggie but never vegan!

That's similar to how I became a vegatarian. I remember my dad asking me to flatten out hamburgers for the grill and I would have to put plastic baggies on my hands before I did it. Not because I was worried about germs, but because I had such an aversion to touching dead flesh.

Last edited:
Interesting thread - here's my list.

I hate/loathe/abhor/detest:
1) Avril, J Lo, Britney, Jessica, Christina, & Mariah - shut up, stop trying to make every magazine cover ever printed, QUIT trying to act, and go make some half-assed pop records like you're supposed to.
2) People who always think an exception should be made for them, 'cuz their problem is sooo unique and/or important.
3) Drivers who are incapable of realizing their's is NOT the only car on the highway.
4) Liver - fried, boiled, baked, poached, grilled, steamed, whatever. Can't stand it, don't want it, will not eat it.
5) Reality TV - dating 20 people at one time to find your "true" soulmate and win a million dollars while your home is demolished and rebuilt by 2 competing teams of strangers who have to face their fear of weird foods by surviving off dung beetles and goat's blood for 3 weeks is not exciting, interesting, or cool - IT'S A PATHETIC CRY FOR HELP.

And in the interest of equal time: Things I like/love/cherish/adore:
1) Baked potatoes with mushroom gravy, cheddar cheese and Worchestershire sauce. Yes - all at the same time.
2) Folding my trash (food wrappers, paper bags, etc.) neatly and tying it in a knot when possible.
3) Mini Reese's peanut butter cups. But not the regular-sized ones, or the white chocolate ones, or another brand's. Just mini Reese's.
4) The Princess Bride, Raising Arizona, Beetlejuice, The Wizard of Oz, & A Christmas Story
5) U2!!!!! (of course!)

My, aren't we all just the strangest little creatures?? :lol:

Last edited:
Raw apples make me gag, but I like apple pie.

Same goes for raw grapes, but I like grape juice.

I don't like Bruce Springsteen, and I'm from NJ.
( His music I don't like; he seems like a nice guy though)

man, survivor drives me crazy
surviving in the wild is NOT that hard if you do a little study... if you know what you're looking for there's food all around you. If they ever have survivor in the arctic or the desert I might have a little pity, otherwise, no. Read a book, people.

I thought of a new dislike.
Gummy things... such as gummy bears. Anything that sproings in my mouth when I bite on it I find gross... which is why I also don't like ham. I think this may spring from a bit when I was very small when I wore a retainer for like 4 years and I couldn't take it out.. thus, no gummy anything. I think I talked myself into not liking them any more.

BluRmGrl said:

And in the interest of equal time: Things I like/love/cherish/adore:
1) Baked potatoes with mushroom gravy, cheddar cheese and Worchestershire sauce. Yes - all at the same time.

Well well well. Either I'm PMSing or I'm even weirder than I thought, 'cause this sounds reaaaallly good right about now. :laugh:

Things I don't like:

Most veggies - I do like potatoes, corn, lettuce (only in a salad form with dressing).

Touching raw meat - I hate the feeling and it freaks me out if I see any blood in it.

I hate working out. - my fiance has to force me to go to the gym and I know that it's good for me but i'm just too lazy.

I'm scared of being alone in the dark. - I hate being alone in our appartment when it's dark cos I start freaking out and hearing weird noises.

I hate any bugs - I think they're absolutely disgusting and they scare me and I can never kill them because in my mind I believe their kin will some how find me and attack me LOL

I can't touch my bellybutton. - It's been an obsession since I was younger but I think that if I do get deep in there that my finger will end up going inside my stomach

The sight/smell of sweat grosses me out so bad that I actually get nauseous. I don't really sweat but when I do I feel disgusted with myself

Things I like that are weird:

Cats - I have an obsession with them. I even meow alot. :reject: Like instead of saying yes..i'll meow. LOL

Coffee - I can't really drink it cos it messes up my stomach but I still drink it.

Hot stuff - It doesn't matter what it is i'm eating...I have to have it with salsa.

I always gotta sleep with a blanket no matter how hot it is. I don't feel comfortable if I can't sleep with one.

Last edited:
neutral said:

Well well well. Either I'm PMSing or I'm even weirder than I thought, 'cause this sounds reaaaallly good right about now. :laugh:

I promise you'll like it....the Worchestershire just adds the nicest little kick to the "smooth" flavor of the 'tater, gravy & cheese.

Mwaa haa haa!! - I've spread weirdness to another unsuspecting soul! :lol:

I'd also rather have mayo, Heinz 57 or Catalina dressing on my fries, instead of ketchup - but that's not weird, so much as it is eccentric. :huh:

Things I love:

- Super heroes, especially Batman, Spiderman and X-men. I would love to be a superhero. I actually own all the the cartoon episodes of those 3 superheroes.
-Video games
-Disney movies
-Amusement parks
-Phil Collins
-Origami
-Math

Things I despise:

-Britney Spears and all those other people and their "manufactured", generic music.
-Red meat (it makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it)
-This game called Magic that my husband is forever playing.
-Lunch meat, just the smell is enough to make me vomit
-Ashton Kutcher
-Ben Affleck

-

arw9797 said:

The sight of raw meat makes me want to throw up. :barf: I can't imagine touching it :no: I consider deli meat to be raw meat even though it's cooked. It all looks the same to me. :yuck: I took my grandpa grocery shopping the other day and I wanted to run away when he ordered some deli meat thing that I had to put away for him in the fridge when we got back to his house. It was in a wrapper but the whole idea of what was inside made me ill. I could seriously go on and on forever about how I absolutely hate meat and I don't understand how or why anyone would want to eat a dead animal....

Originally posted by ymileU2

That's similar to how I became a vegatarian. I remember my dad asking me to flatten out hamburgers for the grill and I would have to put plastic baggies on my hands before I did it. Not because I was worried about germs, but because I had such an aversion to touching dead flesh.

Originally posted by Mullen-girl
Touching raw meat - I hate the feeling and it freaks me out if I see any blood in it.

I am a big time animal lover and if I do think about it being a 'dead animal' yeah, that's sad and gross. I can eat some of it depending on how well it's prepared, but I can't cook it. My husband berates me for not making roast pork and beef with homemade gravy the way his Mom did and calls me a bad cook. But I can't do it. He can eat at her house or eat it out. When my Mom's leg was broken and I had to shop for her, she had veal cutlets on the list :no: not only am I against the way veal is obtained, I can't stand to have raw meat in my cart, or in my grocery bag, leaking onto everything else. I also have used plastic bags to pat out hamburgers. So while I'm not a vegetarian (yet- I have tried it and given up before) I can totally relate and understand why someone would choose to be.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
Okay, this isn't really a like or dislike, just a very strange, irrational superstition that I've had since highschool . . .

I cannot listen to a Boyz to Men song, if I listen to a Boyz to Men song something bad will happen to me :reject:

ex. my car will break down, I'll get in an accident, something major will go wrong at work, I'll need fillings when I go to the dentist, etc.

It started in driver's ed class in highschool when one of their songs came on the car radio while I was driving and I had the worst day in the car :(

I know - it's weird - but I still can't shake it, if one of their songs comes on the radio, I immediately turn it off! If I'm in a doctor or dentists office and it comes on the PA system, I think "Oh no" :lol:

:coocoo: :help:

thank God they're not that popular anymore

I have some very similar things :uhoh:

When I was a kid and that song "I want you to want me" was popular, I liked it and bought the 45 of it. I played it over and over and that night my Dad had to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. After that the song reminded me of that and I was scared of it. A few years later I thought, maybe I'm being silly, it had nothing to do with it. So I got it out and played it. I looked out the living room picture window and saw a huge plume of smoke. A girl from our neighborhood who had just started driving had wrecked and hit a guy from our street on his motorcycle, and her car went up in flames! They both survived, but after that I can tell you that song strikes fear in my heart and mind and I turn it off whenever I hear it come on.

I once had a wreck while the song "The Joker" by Steve Miller band was playing on the radio. I avoided the song for years, then finally eased up and let it play again. I got a ticket before it went off. No more "Joker" for me.

Dating back to a superstition my brother and I had as kids that usually came true, no songs by The Who can be played during football season, or your favorite team will lose 3 in a row. :huh:

Some people claim fears like this are tied to OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder) but I still don't take any chances. I believe in things we don't understand.

But I do also think I have a form of OCD, and my addiction to his message board is a part of it:p

Mullen-Girl said:

The sight/smell of sweat grosses me out so bad that I actually get nauseous. I don't really sweat but when I do I feel disgusted with myself

This is one reason I have never been much of a fan of sex :censored: :reject: It grosses me out to have someone sweating all over me and having their sweat smear into my skin. I could never love somebody enough to not be grossed out by their sweat, not even myself, or my kids. Okay, weirdest thing on here yet: I don't like sex, I could totally give it up tommorrow and not miss it :silent:

Things I like that are weird:

Cats - I have an obsession with them. I even meow

:shifty: That's not weird ;)

"Okay, weirdest thing on here yet: I don't like sex, I could totally give it up tommorrow and not miss it"

I'm the same way.

briarrose said:
"Okay, weirdest thing on here yet: I don't like sex, I could totally give it up tommorrow and not miss it"

I'm the same way.

Thanks :hug: I thought I was going to get called a freak or something :uhoh:

I love fresh tomatoes but dislike tomato soup.

I am allergic to cats and dogs but does that stop me from petting them - noooooooooooooooooo.

I wear sandals in the rain.

If I start watching a movie I must see the end of it (no matter how bad it may be) but I can start reading a book and never finish it (I have many books that are a read in progress).

I am scared of snakes but if there is a show on tv about them - I have to watch it.

U2Kitten said:

Thanks :hug: I thought I was going to get called a freak or something :uhoh:

It's nice to know there's someone else out there who is like me. We are definitely rare :)

Michelle

briarrose said:

It's nice to know there's someone else out there who is like me. We are definitely rare :)

Actually, you're more normal than you think. Don't confuse an oversexualized culture with girls who expose themselves for a camera or a $dollar to be actually enjoying themselves; alot of girls who are oversexed by a certain age are because they seek attention from society and boys, and many many women hate sex but still have it to please/keep their boyfriend/men/husbands. I've met SO MANY girls/women who do not like sex and manage to get their boyfriends to accept them for not wanting to have it (myself included). I think more and more women are willing to speak up and say "you know what, I really don't like this, and I'm not going to do it." It's easy to feel abnormal (as I do often) because so many girls genuinely love sex and make it seem to easy. :shrug: I dunno what I'm trying to say here, but please don't ever think you are alone - you'd be surprised just how common it is. :hug:

briarrose said:

Michelle

And my name is Michelle too! :wave:

HelloAngel said:

Actually, you're more normal than you think. Don't confuse an oversexualized culture with girls who expose themselves for a camera or a $dollar to be actually enjoying themselves; alot of girls who are oversexed by a certain age are because they seek attention from society and boys, and many many women hate sex but still have it to please/keep their boyfriend/men/husbands. I've met SO MANY girls/women who do not like sex and manage to get their boyfriends to accept them for not wanting to have it (myself included). I think more and more women are willing to speak up and say "you know what, I really don't like this, and I'm not going to do it." It's easy to feel abnormal (as I do often) because so many girls genuinely love sex and make it seem to easy. :shrug: I dunno what I'm trying to say here, but please don't ever think you are alone - you'd be surprised just how common it is. :hug:

I understand what you're saying, and you're right. I think girls who are dating have every right to put their foot down. BUT- when you're married, and not employed, (like me) you feel obligated, like you 'owe' it to him to be worth something to him.

Sorry :silent: I apologize for taking this thread in this direction, it was started by a girl who was only 13, I feel bad for talking about this and I won't bring up 'dirty' stuff anymore :eek:

U2Kitten said:

I understand what you're saying, and you're right. I think girls who are dating have every right to put their foot down. BUT- when you're married, and not employed, (like me) you feel obligated, like you 'owe' it to him to be worth something to him.

Don't feel bad about it Kitten.
It's not a job to have sex,I'm at home too but I don't feel that way (although somtimes I used to,i admit) .
Imo men want sex much more then women anyway but that should not really be our problem. It's meeting each other half way I guess :ohmy:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Some people claim fears like this are tied to OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder) but I still don't take any chances. I believe in things we don't understand.

But I do also think I have a form of OCD, and my addiction to his message board is a part of it:p

:yes: I used to have a ton of superstitions like that - I've managed to shake all of them expect for the BoyztoMen one :shrug:

Kelly- When I was a kid, I was so superstitious I thought the way I touched a light switch or the number of steps I took across the rug would be the difference between good luck and bad :uhoh: I have gotten over those, I think driving had a lot to do with it. You just can't go back and retouch or restep everything when you're driving, so once I was old enough to drive I got out of that.

But I do believe in some superstitions, those song stories I told were too close for comfort to be just coincidences, I'm not taking any chances :no:

I do think there were reasons for all old superstitions and old wives tales to some degree, and those old people had a reason for believing the things they did, so I don't like messing with stuff like that.

Oh and thanks greety :hug:

U2Kitten said:

Sorry :silent: I apologize for taking this thread in this direction, it was started by a girl who was only 13, I feel bad for talking about this and I won't bring up 'dirty' stuff anymore :eek:

Ooh girl don't apologize - we haven't said anything inappropriate here.

In my opinion, you never owe anyone anything. That you are alive and part of the relationship is "worth" enough. Raising children is hard work, and one of the most important jobs a man or a woman can do with their time. Sublimating one's feelings and giving in to something with your body isn't really part of the deal (altho in the 'olden' days it was considered so).

:hug:

- I'm a grammar freak. I like spelling and punctuation.
- I hate bugs with a passion. I've got a mosquito bite on my hand rignt now and it's driving me crazy.
- I love accents (especially if they're attached to boys :sexywink:)
- I love soccer players :love:
- I don't like it when people type in all caps lock because I always feel that they're shouting at me. :huh:
- I have something against bands like Avril, Britney, Christina, Hoobastank, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Linkin Park, etc. because I think they all sound the same. :|

souLnation2002 said:
[B- I have something against bands like Avril, Britney, Christina, Hoobastank, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Linkin Park, etc. because I think they all sound the same. :| [/B]

If you got something against them I understand if you don't like them but they do not all sound alike! You got all different kinds of bands there that sound nothing alike! Avril is nothing at all like Britney and Christina and she doesn't even sing the same way. Good Charlotte and Blink are a little bit alike but Hoobastank is not, they are hard rock and not like the punk or emo of those bands! Linkin Park is rap metal more like Limp Bizkit than any of these on the list! I am a fan of Good Charlotte, Blink, Hoobastank and some Linkin Park too :(

PunkRockQueen89 said:

You got all different kinds of bands there that sound nothing alike!

I stopped listening to the radio because they all sound the same. For example, there was a point in time where boy bands ruled the airwaves, and it got to the point where you couldn't tell a Backstreet Boy song from an N'sync one, from a 98 degrees one. The situation is still here today, except with different bands.

PunkRockQueen89 said:

Avril is nothing at all like Britney and Christina and she doesn't even sing the same way.

I suppose you've got a point here. They sing different music. Avril's not as skanky as the latter, but IMO, she can't sing to save her life. I didn't like her cover of "Knockin on Heaven's Door" at all. :huh: Christina can sing but it's her image that reallly gets to me.

PunkRockQueen89 said:

Good Charlotte and Blink are a little bit alike but Hoobastank is not, they are hard rock and not like the punk or emo of those bands! Linkin Park is rap metal more like Limp Bizkit than any of these on the list!

I dont' listen to Good Charlotte or Blink 182 or other bands that fit into this category because I feel that they're singing about the same thing. I think the problem today is that if you're in a band, you probably can be put into a box labelled box, i.e. "Number Band Box," or "Wanna be Punk-Rockers." Hoobastank is probably going to be a one hit wonder, I can't see them doing anything after that. I don't feel that they're not particularly lyrically gifted. Linkin Park.. Well, what do I have to say about them... They're unique. All their songs sound the same. You can always count on them for rapping/screeching interlude.

PunkRockQueen89 said:
I am a fan of Good Charlotte, Blink, Hoobastank and some Linkin Park too :(

Anyways. This is all my opinion. I'm a pretty bitter person when it comes to mainstream radio these days. Ignore me if you think I'm crazy, lol. :ohmy: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom