Bill Flanagan's Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flaming june said:

I got it from Amazon about 5 or 6 months ago... I've heard it's out of print now, but I'm sure you could easily get it from Ebay.

It's a very good read. I got my sister to read it and she really enjoyed it, even though she's not a hardcore U2 fan.

Originally posted by Diane L

Half.com should have copies for sale, and you probably could wind up paying less for it than if you had to bid for it on Ebay.

Your library should also have it--if they don't, perhaps the library could borrow a copy for you from another library that does have it.

Borders stores now have a service that will track down used and out-of-print books for you.

Hope this helps!

Thanks girls!!!!
I'll go check it out!!!:happy:

ballykissangel said:
...got a little question...when you say "Flanagan's Bible" are you referring to "U2 at The End of the World" or is there another U2 book by Bill Flanagan???:scratch:

Yes it's the same thing. But it's so indepth that it's called Flanagan's Bible or the U2 Bible. Something every fan should read. :wink:

wne to the library to check it out for what would prbably be the 3rd time and it wasn't there...cos this post had been making me want to re-read it...

the computer said it was "in transit"...what's that mean? a book is in the process of leaving? it's sprouted legs and is walking to another library? where'd it go?

I work in a library....here, in Birmingham, Alabama, in the States, "in transit" does indeed mean on its way to another library because it belongs there. If the book belongs at that library then I'm confused about "in transit".......I suppose the lingo at your library is different. Maybe it's a Dewey Decimal thing. That's what we use......and what I prefer, I hate Library of Congress because numbers are less tricky than the alphabet.

AM said:

hmmmm, yeah, definately.

we?ve all mentioned the funny stuff in this book, but there?s another great aspect to this book. Those insight stories we get to read. The band members really trusted him. Like for example when he interviewed Adam after he missed the show in Sydney, you can feel Adam?s pain, you can see his struggle. This is one amazing moment I?m glad we got to know.

I loved the honesty that motivated Adam to go ahead and have Bill put this in the book. How many other rock stars would have just swept this sort of thing under the rug? Plenty with more ego. Bravo to Adam for the guts and just plain humility that motivated this story.:yes: :yes:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
I work in a library....here, in Birmingham, Alabama, in the States, "in transit" does indeed mean on its way to another library because it belongs there. If the book belongs at that library then I'm confused about "in transit".......I suppose the lingo at your library is different. Maybe it's a Dewey Decimal thing. That's what we use......and what I prefer, I hate Library of Congress because numbers are less tricky than the alphabet.

the book definetly belongs at the library in my town because the page on which the library's stamp is, nearly fell out the last time i had the book. not a pleasant way to find out such things (i was worried that i had played some part in the destruction of this copy of the book). and the catalouge gives the names of the libraries in the system which have any given book. blah, too many words...i think i tripped on my tongue and i wasn't even speaking...

Re: Re: Re: I'm so ashamed...

erised said:

i HAVE the book, but just haven't read the whole thing yet :reject:

Oooh...*slaps own head*...It would help if I could read, I guess! :lmao:

But anyway, do read it!

Re: Mayhaps over Christmas break

erised said:

I will...hopefully soon...along with all the other U2 books I bought but haven't read yet :laugh:

OMG sweetie, how could you not have finished it yet? My friend has had a copy for months as well and is only on like page 60 and I just don't get it. That book is so addicting!!! I would read one chapter and then look at the next, think to myself, "It's only 12 pages," and then on and on until it was nearly midnight (not good because I have to get up around 5 a.m.).

erised, I'm sure your boss wouldn't mind if you read at your desk ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom