Best in Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I recently spent two wonderful evenings watching the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, the most prestigious dog show in the world. I was delighted when my favourite, a terrier names Rufus, won not only Best in Class but also Best in Show!
I chose to root for Rufus because of his strong resemblance to our favourite Irish lad, Bono, whom he resembles not only physically but also in terms of his character.

Exhibit A:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/rupertrover/rufus.jpg

Note the goofy grin, the handsome yet prominent nose, the powerful chest and the sturdy body. Note also that Rufus, like Bono, has won just about every award imaginable.
As to character, Rufus rose from humble beginnings to become a true superstar, just like Bono. He also has several children, and is a devoted family man.

This doesn't stop him from the occasional flirtatious episode, as he really has a soft spot for women.

Exhibit B:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/rupertrover/rufuskiss.jpg

What about the other guys? If U2 were world champion dogs, what breed would they be, and why? (I kind of see Larry as a whippet, but maybe that's just me.)

Please post pics with explanations.:D

*experiment*

biff said:

rufus.jpg

rufuskiss.jpg

I'm not a fan of terriers, but Rufus is a magnificent dog!

I see Larry as my favorite (see avatar), the Belgian Malinois. High-drive, high-energy, intelligent dog who exists to get the job done. "well-muscled...agile...confident...reserved with strangers but is affectionate with his own people...protective without being overly aggressive" (AKC standard). No fun and games there, just work work work!
4501.jpg

The rest are hard...I'll have to think!...

:lol: I :heart: the goofy grin in the first one.

The only Kennel-quality purebred dogs I'm really familiar with are bichons and pomeranians, and I can't think of any U2-ey qualities for either dog.

This is hard b/c I love large sporting and herding dogs and don't really care for smaller "lap dogs". So as much as it pains me to say, Bono is either a Bichon Frise or Parson Russell Terrier...

Bichon Frise: "small, sturdy...gentle mannered, sensitive, playful and affectionate. A cheerful attitude is the hallmark of the breed and one should settle for nothing less." (AKC standard)
lg_artwork.jpg

Parson Russell Terrier: "a ready attitude, alert and confident...medium in size and bone, suggesting strength and endurance...bold and friendly. Athletic and clever....tenacious, courageous, and single minded. At home he is playful, exuberant and overwhelmingly affectionate." (AKC standard)
lg_artwork.jpg

Adam is definitely a posh hound, the Rhodesian Ridgeback!

"A mature Ridgeback is a handsome, upstanding and athletic dog...dignified temperament...even tempered...expressing a perfect balance between power and elegance...[eyes] bright and sparkling with intelligent expression." (AKC standard)
image0.jpg

Edge is a hard one...to balance his smarts with his gentle personality. I'm gonna go with the Siberian Husky...

"quick and light on his feet and free and graceful in action...He performs his original function [playing guitar] most capably...is quick and light on his feet...friendly and gentle, but also alert and outgoing...Some measure of reserve and dignity may be expected in the mature dog. His intelligence, tractability, and eager disposition make him an agreeable companion and willing worker" (AKC standard)
siberian_husky.jpg

And that's it from me. I'm such a dog :nerd: but I missed Westminster b/c of the Olympics. I'll have to check when it re-airs.

Larry, is that you?

Note the slim yet powerful build, the skinny legs and the slicked-back ears. He looks serious, but you know deep down he's up for some fun.

images.jpg

Miniature Schnauzer Breed Standard
Terrier Group

General Appearance
The Miniature Schnauzer is a robust, active dog of terrier type, resembling his larger cousin, the Standard Schnauzer, in general appearance, and of an alert, active disposition. Faults - Type - Toyishness, ranginess or coarseness.

I see Bono more as a Miniature Schnauzer

28157d29.jpg

:lmao:
You guys are all wrong!
Bono: Irish Fookin' Setter (those dogs are pretty. Brains like sieve, however..)
Adam: Great Dane. Poshest. Dogs. EVER.
Larry: Pit Bull Terrier (which sub breed, I couldn't tell you. Yes, there are three types!). Stubborn. Tenacious. Very, very sweet, when he decides to like you.
Edge: Bloodhound. Just try and distract them once they're on to something. I dare you.

biff said:
I recently spent two wonderful evenings watching the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, the most prestigious dog show in the world. I was delighted when my favourite, a terrier names Rufus, won not only Best in Class but also Best in Show!
I chose to root for Rufus because of his strong resemblance to our favourite Irish lad, Bono, whom he resembles not only physically but also in terms of his character.

Exhibit A:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/rupertrover/rufus.jpg

Note the goofy grin, the handsome yet prominent nose, the powerful chest and the sturdy body. Note also that Rufus, like Bono, has won just about every award imaginable.
As to character, Rufus rose from humble beginnings to become a true superstar, just like Bono. He also has several children, and is a devoted family man.

This doesn't stop him from the occasional flirtatious episode, as he really has a soft spot for women.

Exhibit B:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/rupertrover/rufuskiss.jpg

What about the other guys? If U2 were world champion dogs, what breed would they be, and why? (I kind of see Larry as a whippet, but maybe that's just me.)

Please post pics with explanations.:D

It's so cool that you see Bono as a Bull Terrier.. :lol: They are my favorite dog breed! :3 Beautiful dogs <3
I have no idea when it comes to the other guys.. But I agree with Larry as a Ridgeback! :D

u2granny said:
Miniature Schnauzer Breed Standard
Terrier Group

General Appearance
The Miniature Schnauzer is a robust, active dog of terrier type, resembling his larger cousin, the Standard Schnauzer, in general appearance, and of an alert, active disposition. Faults - Type - Toyishness, ranginess or coarseness.

I see Bono more as a Miniature Schnauzer

28157d29.jpg

:lol: What a dog! Good one, Granny!

But I think he looks more like Adam: silver and with a downturned mouth. He even stands like Adam.

biff said:

:lol: What a dog! Good one, Granny!

But I think he looks more like Adam: silver and with a downturned mouth. He even stands like Adam.

This would be after the tour and without the hair dye.:wink:

My sister's dog came first in his class at Crufts last year :D and is back there again this friday

I'm still trying to work out what memeber of the band he's like :lol:

He's strong and tough on the outside but he has a heart of gold , is short but strong and is great with kids.... Maybe Bono ??

k9532d12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom