Ben Stiller as Bono - Lucky Clover (one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a-mole

War Child
Ladies.. i checked on the search function and apparently no-one has posted it yet
Check out Ben Stiller as Bono singing Lucky CLover (One)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bBhe9dIMoWA

I love it to pieces
oh and someone for whatever reason has flagged it. that means you have to log on to see it.. setting up an account at youtube is easy so just go ahead :)
hope you enjoy it as much as i did

OH MY GOD! Does anyone have that as a download, or know how to save it from you tube? That is brilliant. Thank you a-mole!

Well, if you wouldn't mind, it would be worth a try? Thanks! :)

(Is there a way to save vids from there?)

i do not think so
i have it from somewhere and was just looking for it on youtube coz i thought PLEBA had to see this ;)

Last edited:
b44006e9.jpg

52408c5e.jpg

4a9653a8.jpg

0cdd69c8.jpg

:drool:
need to buy it!
Ben rocks!
(so funny to read about this in "the bible" ... back then Ben was not that known n th eworld.. and now he is B-I-G)

Bono sort of had a problem with Ben mocking him on his show ((as per Until the End of the world book)) None the less Ben is FUNNY!!!! Lucky Clovers I love it... I have the Ben Stiller DVDs he is one of my fav actors..Plus his show used to be on MTV and not too long ago his shows aired on Comedy Central

Why did Bono have the problem? He's usually pretty easy going about not taking himself too seriously isn't he?

:lol: I love the Lucky Clovers commercial and when they do the Bar Mitzvah!! Haven't seen it in a while though...it's on a VHA tape burried somewhere in my house...

I haven't read the book, but Bono has a great time imitating Collin Ferrell imitating Bono on the VH1 special... he seems to have fun with it.

a-mole said:
when i read th ebook i did not understand as if Bono had a serious problem with Ben. I thought he was rather just playing it ;)

Same here. I never read it like Bono had a problem with it. I think he was rather amused.

Ben Stiller is a huge U2 fan, and for him the ultimate tribute to Bono, was to impersonate him. His imitation of Bono as the fly is impeccable. If you watch the Ben Stiller show, he has everything down to the last detail. You can tell he's been watching Bono videos for hours so he could get it right. It was downright funny stuff.

bonocomet said:
Why did Bono have the problem? He's usually pretty easy going about not taking himself too seriously isn't he?

Well maybe it was not a problem but he did mention it ...I guess its about time to read the book agian...Ive been tempted but held off so I can savor it it like if it was the first time reading it..;)

I love this spoof so much that I can hardly listen to One without picturing this - the buffalo in the parlor makes this video complete

a couple of summers ago comedy central aired all of the shows - I've had a crush on Stiller ever since (but then again those who don’t see the comic genius of Zoolander....:tsk: )

:wink:

oh Ben is definetely the Perfect Fly(2)

with all teh detail and perfection taht flows into that performance it is obvious that he means no harm and rather admires.

Zoolander :drool: so funny!

It's a walk-off :wink:

Hm, when I read that book, I actually laughed at what Bono said about Ben Stiller -- it never crossed my mind he had a problem w/it. (But then, I do miss a lot of subtleties!) If he did, it was probably because Ben stole the "Blue Steel" look from him. :wink:
benasbono.jpg

^I think I hurt myself laughing when I saw that! Burning question: Bono is bouncy, but is he an ambi-turner?
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom