Because I can't NOT share this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Sorry, I have to disagree

Billie Midol said:

Do not apologize for bragging about meeting Bono!!! OMG!! Good for you!!! You were close enough to see his roots...awwwwww......:cute:...was he nice? Did he look good in person? Does he smell good? LOL!! :hyper:

I'm sorry to bug you for details but I just had to ask...

*does R&H Bono impression*
"Am I bugging ya?...
I didn't mean to bug ya..." :bono: ;)

Yeah, he was wonderful!! It was a little cold and wet outside the studios. Within 5 mins of him arriving he appeared at the door and waved us across, talked for a couple of mins whilst signing my photo then asked us inside as it was cold etc. spent another couple of mins talking/signing the others' stuff then we got the photograph on the studio stairs, then he was gone. He seemed so genuine in what he had to say, and seemed interested in what we had to say. He kissed our hands and Julie (Bono's Tart) got close enough to say that he smelled lovely. He looked great too, I think I studied every freckle on his face lol. Best moment of my life!!

Re: Re: Re: Sorry, I have to disagree

island girl said:
Yeah, he was wonderful!! It was a little cold and wet outside the studios. Within 5 mins of him arriving he appeared at the door and waved us across, talked for a couple of mins whilst signing my photo then asked us inside as it was cold etc. spent another couple of mins talking/signing the others' stuff then we got the photograph on the studio stairs, then he was gone. He seemed so genuine in what he had to say, and seemed interested in what we had to say. He kissed our hands and Julie (Bono's Tart) got close enough to say that he smelled lovely. He looked great too, I think I studied every freckle on his face lol. Best moment of my life!!

Very cool. :up: :).

I like how he invited you guys in 'cause it was cold. That's really nice.

I love these stories of people meeting Bono-they give me major fuzzies. :D.

Angela

Was it really necessary to stick in there that his hair was "obviously thinning?" This is the second person I've seen do tihis. God, if I was ever lucky enough to meet him, I would never go off and post things like that on the internet. Bless his heart. He was so nice to give you his time. I woulld ignore anything that wasn't 100% kind about him.

wavesofregret said:
Was it really necessary to stick in there that his hair was "obviously thinning?" This is the second person I've seen do tihis. God, if I was ever lucky enough to meet him, I would never go off and post things like that on the internet. Bless his heart. He was so nice to give you his time. I woulld ignore anything that wasn't 100% kind about him.

Well, I figured since the thread is about his hair, and someone asked what he looked like, I'd give the honest truth. Who said it was bad? I can't help it that you think thinning hair is a put-down. The man's in his 40's, of course he's not going to have long flowy thick JT era hair. If you can't accept the truth, sure, you can ignore it, but then why comment back on it? Again, the thread is about his HAIR. His hair was thinning, it was brown, it was gray, it was dark, it was light, it was gelled. Yes, ALL of those things are true and NONE of them have anything to do with my kindness towards Bono. Besides, he was actually the one mocking me at that moment, but I won't go into that.... I'm sorry you've taken it so seriously, but I'd never say anything untruthful to put Bono down.

Oh no! Hair threads are FUN as long as it's only about dye, but please people don't bring the damn 'is he bald or not' and who cares or not shit into it, or the era stuff. That always hits raw nerves and it turns from fun to fight.:(

And for the record again my husband is 42 and has long hair which is not a bit thin or gray, but I know a guy 23 who has already lost most of his hair and a guy who was snow white gray at 30. So heredity is more of a factor than age.

Now, does he or doesn't he dye? Only his hairdresser knows for sure:lol: Anybody old enough to remember that commercial?;)

U2Kitten said:
If you do see a Bono's hair thread, and you think it shouldn't be an issue, the worst thing you can do is respond to say so, because it only bumps it and gives it new life! :uhoh: :laugh:

:shrug: ;)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PS: I can think of one way to see his natural hair color. :wink: (I'm so naughty.) :p

Edit: After reading thru all these posts I have but 2 comments:

1. My Mum is 100% Anglo-Saxon (English, Scottish, & Irish) and when she was very young she had blonde hair. By the time she was a teenager she had brownish-red hair. Now she is over fifty with traces of grey, but her overall hair color is a Strawberry blonde. It has slowly gotten more and more lighter, though not b/c of white/grey hairs, rather the natural color of her hair has changed. OTOH my Dad is 50% Italian & 50% French and he had jet black hair from the time he was a toddler until his hair went grey/white, so it would prove that in some cases hair color does change over several years, while in other cases it can drastically change.

2. Both my Dad & my Step-Dad's beards went grey/white before their hair turned. It's odd, I know, but it's true. Thus, one's beard/scruff can be white as the purest snow and yet the hair on his head can be any natural hair color known to man.

Cheers!
-Mel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom