Beautiful Photo Of Bono's Friend Ashley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
r2380460230.jpg

Hollywood actress Ashley Judd strokes the head and holds hands while talking to 38-year-old Cambodian man Neang Sarath, a victim of the AIDS virus, during a visit to a hospice in Phnom Penh Wednesday July 7, 2004. Ashley Judd is in Cambodia to raise HIV /AIDS awareness as YouthAIDS' Global Ambassador.

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Cambodia's tragic past and present moved Hollywood star Ashley Judd to tears on Wednesday as she visited a hospice for people dying of AIDS and a museum of the "Killing Fields" genocide of the Khmer Rouge.

"I feel very sad, but I feel very privileged that I've been allowed to see some beautiful people," she told reporters after visiting the Center for Hope hospice in Phnom Penh.

At times, it was almost too much for the actress as she met wan and emaciated patients in the hospice, set up to give a handful of Cambodia's estimated 170,000 AIDS victims a place to die with a modicum of dignity.

"I'm very pleased that they received me and allowed me to visit with them. I'm very grateful to the people that provide their health care with such dignity," she said, with tears in her eyes.

I'm really impressed with Ashley Judd. When I went to see her and Bono speak, I had pretty much written her off as just another Hollywood star doing their required hours of community service in order to maintain a positive image, but she really proved herself.

I agree LivLuv-I think Ashley is truly sincere about this, just like Angelina is about her work :up:

I uploaded the picture to Snapfish in case it disappears from Yahoo

33%3A%3C4%3B%3A323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3235%3E77%3A%3E43%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32326682%3C24%3B%3Bnu0mrj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom