Baldwin slams Bono's charity work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
From Contactmusic.com

Actor STEPHEN BALDWIN has criticised BONO's crusade against poverty in Africa, insisting the U2 singer should preach Christianity instead. THE USUAL SUSPECTS actor, who is a born-again Christian, is convinced the world can only heal itself by following the teachings of JESUS CHRIST. The 40-year-old writes of Bono in his upcoming autobiography THE UNUSUAL SUSPECT: MY CALLING TO THE NEW HARDCORE MOVEMENT OF FAITH, "You would do far more good if you just preached the gospel of Jesus rather than trying to get rid of Third World debt relief."

Charity is one of the core elements of Christianism, Mr Baldwin; so I believe Mr Hewson is on the right track. ;)

Niamh_Saoirse said:
From Contactmusic.com

Charity is one of the core elements of Christianism, Mr Baldwin; so I believe Mr Hewson is on the right track. ;)

Right on sister! Bono is doing a good thing. I wish others in his postion would attempt to do so much. Who is Stephen Balwin anyway?:eyebrow: *jealous man hater

This is a quote from one of my favorite Saints, he reminds me of Bono for this very reason
" Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do.
Saint Thomas of Aquinas

OMG steven baldwin is such an asshole anyway...this is almost laughable. Who cares what he says.

Stephen Baldwin - wait wasn't he an actor like 20 years ago. :hmm: ?

Seriously though, I don't understand why people feel the need to attack Bono's charity work. I mean he's just trying to make the world a better place. Wether you agree with his work or not how could anyone attack his convictions?

Attack his Harmonica playing
Attack his Guitar playing
Attack the lyrics to his songs
Attack the way he acts on stage
Attack his hair

I still get why it's so in to bash this guy.

That's my $0.02 worth

YBORCITYOBL said:
Stephen Baldwin - wait wasn't he an actor like 20 years ago. :hmm: ?

Seriously though, I don't understand why people feel the need to attack Bono's charity work. I mean he's just trying to make the world a better place. Wether you agree with his work or not how could anyone attack his convictions?

Attack his Harmonica playing
Attack his Guitar playing
Attack the lyrics to his songs
Attack the way he acts on stage
Attack his hair

I still get why it's so in to bash this guy.

That's my $0.02 worth

hey leave the hair alone YBOR:mad:

Isn't Steven the blond stupid dopey looking baldwin?

it because some people are just plain miserable and mean spirited...they just want to kill any goodness.

I'm thinking people like this are uncomfortable with their own lack of action and try to downplay the great things Bono has done instead :eyebrow:

^:drool: right on...I have never heard of him, he must be a total loser anyway. Who in there right mind bashes a man for helping people?

Funny, some people's idea of being "Christian." It's people like S.B. that make me throw my hands up and run away screaming. I suppose kicking drugs and alcohol and being born again make him feel a little pious. Fine. Just keep quiet. Here's a whole bag of "shush" for ya, Stephen.

Sorry if that sounds mean-spirited...he just embodies what annoys me about so-called "christian" types. Rant over. :wink:

Just a quick note..older Baldwin brother William beautifully narrated U2 Legends...plus is a huge U2 fan..and Yes Stephen is the runt of the Baldwin clan...and the uber less talented:wink:

alec13.jpg

left to right....Daniel, William, Stephen, Alec

Last edited:
:eyebrow: so he is the funny lookin lad in the white tux? BonoFox:wave: thanks for that info, I never knew it was a Baldwin who's voice was on the Legends DVD.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
THE USUAL SUSPECTS actor, who is a born-again Christian, is convinced the world can only heal itself by following the teachings of JESUS CHRIST. [/B]

And this is EXACTLY why the world is the way it is. WHY oh why can people not leave their opinions to themselves?? :down:

Carmelu2fan said:
:eyebrow: so he is the funny lookin lad in the white tux? BonoFox:wave: thanks for that info, I never knew it was a Baldwin who's voice was on the Legends DVD.

Hi Carmel:wave: Yeah Stephen is the dopey one in the white tux... and yes William narrated the Legends special..didnt know it was on dvd!..Im talking about the VH1 legends..sorry if I confused you....;)

Oh:reject: I am very confused but it is not your fault...I was thinking of the making of the Joshua Tree DVD:banghead:

Im good now
:wink:

Stephen Baldwin is a B-List actor at best, so you gals probably haven't heard much of him!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

BUT it's not about charity. It's about Justice! :wink:

first the scientologists , now the born again Christians !!! :hmm:
They are after him to give their cause respectibility .
Bono's "life's work " is actually helping people ,who really need
him . :yes:

Does it really matter what anyone else thinks about what Bono does? Anyway, it's not a crime to disagree with Bono's actions, at the end of the day. To each their own.:shrug:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
From Contactmusic.com

Actor STEPHEN BALDWIN has criticised BONO's crusade against poverty in Africa, insisting the U2 singer should preach Christianity instead. THE USUAL SUSPECTS actor, who is a born-again Christian, is convinced the world can only heal itself by following the teachings of JESUS CHRIST. The 40-year-old writes of Bono in his upcoming autobiography THE UNUSUAL SUSPECT: MY CALLING TO THE NEW HARDCORE MOVEMENT OF FAITH, "You would do far more good if you just preached the gospel of Jesus rather than trying to get rid of Third World debt relief."

Stephen: HELLO! SOMEBODY PAY ATTENTION TO ME! ANYBODY? LOOK, I'M ATTACKING A POPULAR ROCK STAR! YES, I'M CONTROVERSIAL!! I'm so lonely....

Stephen, stfu!

I don't understand this moron's critisism ... isn't Bono following Jesus' example and teachings by doing what he's doing? After all, it's a simple thing called jealousy.

Back
Top Bottom