bad news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madamc

Refugee
I learned that I won't be graduating this spring because I registered for the wrong courses--they tell me this 2 weeks before classes are over!

I need some AdamLovin' please!
frown.gif

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

sooooooooooooooo sorry to hear this!!
frown.gif
frown.gif

maybe you can still walk with your class and take the missing classes over the summer? I think my school let some people do that.

Even though Adam says "who needs school anyway" he wants to give you big hugs

desire_adam.jpg

sats_69.jpg

OH NO!!! POOR ELAINE!!! Stupid college advisors! Aren't they supposed to be the ones that, oh I don't know, ADVISE you on this sort of thing. Grrr...

But never fear, Adam's smile is here, to take away all your sadness and fill your heart with gladness. Eases your troubles, that's what he does
wink.gif

adampwa.jpg

adam05.jpg

adam_dublin.jpg

robeadam.jpg

333%3A386%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A77%3B9%3A4nu0mrj

3338%3B%3C7923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A386766nu0mrj

I'm really sorry elaine. That truly sucks that they couldn't tell you sooner.

(((elaine)))

Adam:"I'm gonna kick these school advisors and the dean's asses! They can't do this to my elaine!"
mad.gif

adam_011.jpg

adam_009.jpg

adam_004.jpg

adamishot.jpg

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
That's ridiculous-
icon28.gif
to them.

Here's an Adam piccie I found from the Vegas show that I'd never seen before

P000049602.jpg

In the name of all that is good and holy, that is one...hot..PIC!!

Hey elaine, you should show this to your advisor! She'll be so mesmerized by Adam's hotness that she'll completely forget about this whole "classes" and "graduation requirements" thing! Hey, it could work...
wink.gif

(((Elaine)))

That truely sux
frown.gif

The same type of thing happened to me too, I had to take a winter intersession course for 1 flipping credit.

I'll be back later with Adam photos for you.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

WTF? College... I can't put it into words.
mad.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Elaine, this totally and completely blows. Do you have to wait for next winter now, or could you finish them in the summer? GRRRRRR! Stupid advisors. Dublin will have to wait just a little longer for you, I suppose.

I have no immediate Adam hotness to post, but later I will return.

((((((HUGS))))))

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

thanks guys ((((((hugs))))))

I checked the courses offered, I can only complete 1.5 credits...and need 3!

------------------

((((Elaine))))

I hate college right now, too.
frown.gif

As soon as I finish studying this afternoon I'm going on an AdamHunt and I promise I'll bring you something back
smile.gif

Hang in there...

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by madamc:
I learned that I won't be graduating this spring because I registered for the wrong courses--they tell me this 2 weeks before classes are over!

Hmmm... this seems like an odd mistake to make - especially for a senior student. What happened? Regardless, I would talk to the dean of the department.

Back when I was an undergrad., I took an upper level history class thinking that it would easily substitute for the much lower level course that every student took. Needless to say, my thoughts were wrong. The instructor was the one to inform me that this substitution would not work - unless the dean approved. So I went to the dean to see if I could substitute the upper level course for the lower level one. He asked if I was graduating that year. I replied "no" - so he said that under these circumstances, he could not make an exception.

HOWEVER, you *are* (or at least were planning on) graduating this year. Therefore, the dean may very well let you make those substitutions. In my example above, had I been graduating, I believe the dean would have made an exception - as such, your dean may make an exception with you as well. Therefore, plead with the dean, but make sure you come prepared with reasons why you failed to take the proper courses. Let him know how the mistake was made and why taking the courses you did benefitted you more. In other words, admit your mistake, but be mature and respectful. In a way, any success you have here may carry over into future interviews you may have.

Of course, my comments only work if you took a substitute course. If you flat out failed to take the required classes and chose something FAR removed instead (for example, I at least took a history course for another history course), then this might not work. That is, if you needed an English course and took a dance class instead, then this could be a problem.

If the dean is unrelenting or if you cannot substitute the classes, can you take summer classes? An extra few months is nothing - it'll go by in a flash. If summer courses aren't available, how about fall classes? It might be a great time only taking 2 classes in the fall while you spend time getting your resume out to various jobs. One of my favorite semesters in school as an undergrad was when I ran out of funds and was only able to afford to go part-time for a year while I worked more to save up extra $$. I took 2 courses one semester and really enjoyed working and studying in a more relaxed setting for a few months.

In a worse case scenario, you might have to wait until this time next year to take those courses (so you can graduate). That does sound bad, but perhaps you could take advantage of the extra semesters and not only finish up those 2 classes, but get a minor in another subject. That always looks good on a resume.
smile.gif

In other words, don't give up yet. There's always hope - and if things don't work out as planned, they may eventually work out better than you hoped because of this extra time!

Good luck to you.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 04-04-2002).]

Oh wow that sucks major arse, can you take them over the summer? Damn I would've strangled whoever told me that I feel for you (((((hugs))))) go play in Adam's closet

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

thanks for the advice drwho and the pix girls
biggrin.gif

i'm gonna take classes in the summer, and finish up in the fall

------------------

thanks for the advice drwho and the pix girls
biggrin.gif

i'm gonna take classes in the summer, and finish up in the fall

------------------