[b]What[/b] does Bono say at the end of Slane's Angel of Harlem???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VicksSs

Refugee
I've seen Slane DVD several times, and I looove it, it is so cool!! :wink: Nevertheless, I just CAN'T understand what Bono says in the end of Angel Of Harlem... :huh: I guess he says something about Larry because he laughs and they look at each other, but I can't figure out what it is that he says... I fsomebody understands it.. please tell me!!! Somebody help please!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: THANKS!! :D

hey what mistake???? :huh: i'm kind of lost... i mean playing or something... hummm...

I love that part! Larry was supposed to start drumming but didn't. Bono has to count 1234 and then Larry and Adam come in. Priceless! Bono was poking fun at it at the end. I think he said Angel of Dorsett St., which is where Larry grew up, I think. Watch for it closer and you'll notice the mistake.

Oh OK!!! Now i get it!!!! Thanx so sososososososoooooo uch people!!!!! gr8 moment indeed. Mistakes show that artists are not gods, just regular people. I think it is gr8 that they show their humanity in that sense!!! :wink: Thanx 4 u're help!!!! :D :happy:

Thanks for clearing that up, i thought it was Adam making a mistake, but thinking back, it makes more sense being Larry, seeing as bono's laughing at him.

But the funny part is that in the beginning of the song Bono has to count to get Larry started and at the end Larry won't stop.

If you pay attention to Bono you can see he's airdrumming too, as to say " ok Larry, you can finish the song now"
Hence the comment he makes at the end.

Doesn't Edge get nailed with a t-shirt during Desire? Maybe that's not on the DVD. There were a bunch of funny little things at that concert that didn't make it onto the DVD.

i think it is a very very funny concert, but there are even some other things NOT in the dvd!! hey the guys r clowns, not artists then!!!! :wink: please tell us!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Another very very funny part is during All I Want Is You when a fan threw water, beer or whatever at Bono when he was on the heart. I mean he really drenched him. Bono added "All I want is f@%&ing you man". Not in an angry way, but trying to be funny. Really made me laugh!

Adams_Girl said:

Like what?

Not sure exactly which ones are or aren't (I've watched the full concert bootleg more often than the Slane DVD so I don't remember), but some funny moments....

- the T-shirt hitting Edge while he was playing
- the beach ball
- Bono dedicating AIWIY to Ali, only to get completely doused by a bucket of water and he leans over and says "All I want is fuckin you, man!" to the guy that did it.
* this one was funny to me b/c I heard the audience audio boot before I ever saw any video and could never figure out why he'd say something like that while trying to be all sweet and serrenading Ali....makes sense now!
- random rolls of TP flying onto the stage
- Bono picking up the Irish flag (and wrapping himself in it?)
- Bono kicking a drink off the stage
- the giant blow-up Heineken bottles!
- and of course, Eve and Bono's MW dance

Last edited:
BTW, just read in a Larry bio that he grew up on Rosemount Ave. Really puzzled now about the Dorsett St. comment. Guess that's what happens when you assume! Any guesses as to what Bono means by saying Angel of Dorsett St.? It sounds like that's what he said anyway. It's really buggin me now!

I want to see the slane concert. Especially the Larry and the AOH mistake. :sad:

dmalezi said:
BTW, just read in a Larry bio that he grew up on Rosemount Ave. Really puzzled now about the Dorsett St. comment. Guess that's what happens when you assume! Any guesses as to what Bono means by saying Angel of Dorsett St.? It sounds like that's what he said anyway. It's really buggin me now!

As our beloved neutral stated; There is a pub on dorset street in Dubs, so Bono meant to say Larry was an itsy bitsy drunk when he didn't know how to stop on Angel of Harlem.

also, the t-shirt Lies is referring to was actually a cap ( I think) that landed right on top of Edge's beanie, so Bono started laughing and said " he's got quite a few of those"

ladora said:
I want to see the slane concert. Especially the Larry and the AOH mistake. :sad:

You haven't seen the DVD? :ohmy: Man I watched that thing so much for awhile, I think I've memorized a lot of it. :coocoo:

I think those bits are all on the Slane DVD except maybe the giant Heineken bottles, can't remember. :hmm:

neutral said:

I think those bits are all on the Slane DVD except maybe the giant Heineken bottles, can't remember. :hmm:

Yeah....I bet they all are. I think the fun thing about the bootleg is the more *objective* taping, so some of the funny parts are even more funny. You see what's there, not what the U2 video editor wants you to see.

:lol: funny dvd indeed!!!! i love slane.... :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
neutral said:
So um where does Mysterious Ways actually go in the show Lies? :lol: I'm assuming it's not put in as a mysterious bonus track on your copy....

It follows Streets. I don't have the bootleg dvd but I have the cd.:love:

Leetah said:

I memorized the entire speech bono helt on SBS ( including all the names):reject:

oh well then i'm not the only one. my friend thought i was insane because i had, i believe her exact words were "even i'm not that obsessive"

and Lies i think Bono was doused by a bottle of beer, not water. if you look really closley when they show the crowd after that there's a guy holding up a beer bottle, or at least that's what it looks like.

Last edited:
neutral said:
So um where does Mysterious Ways actually go in the show Lies? :lol: I'm assuming it's not put in as a mysterious bonus track on your copy....

I can't remember exactly, but I wanna say before or after Pride. I know it's on the DVD, but the way the bootleg was filmed makes it easier to see the whole thing, and it's in the right spot!

Oh, another thing I just remembered now that someone mentioned it...I feel like the SBS speech on the DVD is different, like missing a part.....but, it's been so long since I've seen either recording.....

neutral said:

You haven't seen the DVD? :ohmy: Man I watched that thing so much for awhile, I think I've memorized a lot of it. :coocoo:

Nope. I only have their Boston dvd. Can't find it in the music stores, and can't get it from ebay or any online shop because... because i don't have the money.

I'm only 15.

Nope. I only have their Boston dvd. Can't find it in the music stores, and can't get it from ebay or any online shop because... because i don't have the money.

I'm only 15.

thats opposite for me, I have Slane dvd but not Elevation dvd because I don't have the money and I can't find it anywhere.

I'm only 15 too. :shh: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom