Australian Rolling Stone scans (big files alert!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
AuRSFeb2005Cover.jpg

AuRSFeb2005Page5.jpg

some of this scans not 100% straight but Im stuck under the baby, as per usual.

I just noticed the article is originally from Rolling Stone Germany and translated into English. Sorry if you have seen it before. :(

Theres a review as well. Hang on......

AuRSFeb2005Page2.jpg

I wish this didnt say "uncool" across Adam. lol. This is a full page picture.

Ow, good, hello :wave: you can tell me. Are any of these photos new at all? I dont think so. But I can scan them properly individually if they are. They are they all old, arent they?

I'm not up to date on promo pictures from the new album, but the picture on your second post looks relatively new to me. The previous version I've seen had text across Bono's face and had high contrast. I also haven't seen the b&w picture of Adam (on the page with the quote) before, I think. :hmm:

Cool. Im going out to a BBQ now. I will scan those two in properly when I get back. If anyone cant read the writing in the article, just holler and I will transcribe (words, not the whole article)

Thank you so much beli! That second picture is indeed new. The only one I have of it has writing all over his face.

"But we're in the zone, the Zone! That's the mental state, not the diet"

PRICELESS!!

Thanks Beli!!

:bow:

Thanks SO MUCH, beli, for these wonderful scans of this article.:yes:

It looks like a great article - I enjoyed reading what I could from your scans.

But I have actually seen that second pic of Bono before - can't remember where, but it has been recently.

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I noticed that too, kelly, that the article writer referred to Jordan as "he".:scratch:

I wonder how she took that. I hope she was able to laugh about it.

Shows that the interviewer may have needed to do a little more research before writing that article.

Overall, a BEAUTIFUL READ. Some REALLY new and interesting statements by the B-man in it. :wink:

Thanks again, beli :applaud:

Thanks for the scans, beli! There's only one bit of the text I can't make out: when Bono's talking about 'Sometimes' and says "We wanted it to be like the Walker Brothers", is that "some '30s ballad" or what? I'm afraid I have no idea who the Walker Brothers are/were, or what decade was responsible for them. :wink:

Oh, never mind; I figured it out. Google is a wonderful thing. The Walker Bros formed in the '60s, so Bono must have said the '50s - near enough!

Back
Top Bottom