ATTN: Your help is needed to create the largest U2 image archive on the net!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Elvis is working on a U2 image archive so that we will not have to deal with webshots, geocities, angelfire and everything else that has frustrated us so much regarding uploading and posting pictures. For right now I need all your help to upload the best U2 pictures you have from your computer to the archive site. For now it is not for public access.. Elvis wants to work on getting a nice chunk of pictures uploaded, and later they will be sorted and available for posting.

Please name your files as specifically as possible, as duplicate file names will be overwritten. The program accepts jpg, gif, bmp, png, and zip files.

This is for U2 and U2 related pictures only.

Here is the website address where you can upload your pictures:
http://satellite33.interference.com/archive/

Until the 1mb web upload is fixed you can ALSO upload with ftp:
ftp://images:u2@satellite33.interference.com:21000/

In Internet Explorer you should just be able to drag and drop files and folders.

I?d like to take a moment to thank Elvis! This will be really cool once its available.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by Elvis (edited 03-26-2002).]

Wow, wow, WOW! How cool!

Thank you, Elvis!
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I think I have finally found a way to make myself useful here, and something I am good at. I have almost 2000 U2 pics on my hard drive, saved from internet sources over the last year. I'll try to upload as many as I can. Thanks.

OMG!! That is sooooooooo cool.

Thanks sooooo much Elvis for making this happen.

Thanks Sicy for letting us know!!

Girls, what do you say that we change PLEBA to PLEEBA for Elvis? He deserves it!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Can we only do one at a time?

How do we know what has already been uploaded? Should we just break the bank and upload it all and doubles will be deleted later? If there is a way to see it's not working for me. Thanks for any advice, and thanks again for the pic storage!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

Really, though- what a nice thing to do!
Maybe we won't have to suffer from the dreaded red X disease any longer!
Hooray for Elvis
smile.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Can we only do one at a time?

How do we know what has already been uploaded? Should we just break the bank and upload it all and doubles will be deleted later? If there is a way to see it's not working for me. Thanks for any advice, and thanks again for the pic storage!

If you want to upload more than one at a time, you should zip the files using winzip or another zip program.

Elvis will be building something that will allow you to see what has been uploaded already, but for now he just wants to get it going.

Okay, that's okay, I'll just keep uploading. I won't get too many in today but I'll work on it all day tommorrow! Wow, I was hoping for something like this!
smile.gif

Yeah, try to avoid the watermarked pics if you can.

I'll be helping Elvis later to sort out the pics and get rid of duplicates.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Yeah, try to avoid the watermarked pics if you can.

yeah i know-- i meant that i hope these pics don't get watermarked (for some reason like u2mansion does) lol its just a petpeeve of mine..

Wow! Elvis has been so nice to PLEBA lately... first the chat room, now this!! Thanks so much!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground

Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
yeah i know-- i meant that i hope these pics don't get watermarked (for some reason like u2mansion does) lol its just a petpeeve of mine..

Oh, no the pics will not be watermarked.

240 pics so far!!!!!

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 03-26-2002).]

Thanks Elvis!
biggrin.gif
Uploading now..

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Oh, no the pics will not be watermarked.

240 pics so far!!!!!

sweet! besides it takes too much time- let elvis concentrate on the entire site lol - i can only imagine all the work!

wow pleba girls work fast!

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 03-26-2002).]

Hooray this is so great! Thanks Elvis!
I'll start uploading right now...

Originally posted by mocool12:
Yeah... I've got the zipped file... it's just not uploading for some reason. Maybe I'll try again later.

Me too!....

------------------
Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground

Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground

Blarg me too.

Hmm.. I think maybe the file is too big.

k Elvis is going to work on that but for now I guess just try uploading zip files of 1mb or less. :\

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 03-26-2002).]

random thought: I would not want to be Elvis sorting through all those pictures to make sure there are no doubles

This is very cool thank you Elvis, I will be making your life a little more miserable by uploading later today.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

and done (great idea by the way
wink.gif
)
where in god's name did I get more than 900 pics?
and I tried really hard to not upload watermarked ones, or doctored ones, so if I accidently did I'm really sorry

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Back
Top Bottom