attention plebans: bono's birthday card

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
hey all. i posted about this in eykiw but didn't get much response, so i thought i'd post it here too.

i'll be attending the concert in chicago on may 9th and i'm staying till the 10th to hopefully get a ticket to the show on bono's birthday which i don't have yet.

i'm making a birthday card for bono and going to try my bestest to give it to him either on may 9th or 10th, whenever i hopefully meet him.

if anyone would like me to include your birthday message to bono, you can send me a PM here or an email to lizartlizard @ gmail.com (without the spaces). please send either just text in the email, or a jpg file.

i think i've pretty much decided that the card will be 8 x 8 inch. it will actually be more like a scrap book with some of my drawings of bono and other artwork, and i'll have extra pages for fans to sign once i get up there for the concerts, and the emails i get here.

also, when you send me your birthday wishes, let me know if you'd like to include your email addy in the card.

i can't guarantee that i'll be able to give the card to bono but i'm going to try my hardest!...and ticket or no ticket i'll be outside the arena on may 10th to wish b-man a happy birthday :hyper: :heart:

please have submissions to me no later than may 1st so i can have enough time to put the finishing touches on the card.

This is what I sent! :yes:

Bono,

I wish you a very happy birthday and the best of wishes you and your family on your special day. Thank you for your dedication to your art and your fans. You are truely a very special individual and you deserve all the best that the world can offer. The passion you show in your music and the causes that you support sets an example of which others should follow. Happy Birthday Bono!

Jennifer Nelson
San Jose, California

PS: See you in Oakland!!!!! :)

bono_gal said:
I did email ya but ye avnt got bak 2 me yet, if u wer eva plannin on lol:wink:

sorry, i did get your email. i've just been busy this week. i'm planning on starting to put the card together this weekend :hyper:

don't worry, there's still time :wink:

This is so very sweet and dedicated of you, Liz! Thanks for doing this and I would love to include something. Best of luck getting this to Bono, I know it would make your trip so worthwhile....I'm also willing to bet for your goodness you will be blessed with a ticket for the May 10 show!

Bless you!
Karen

Sent mine! :wink: Heres what i put..:|

Bono,

I'd like to wish you a very Happy Birthday, and along with that thank you for simply being yourself. I know its cliché saying, "be yourself" or "thank you for being yourself”, but I think your spirit and determination is what makes you one of the most influential people alive. I was attracted to the music you create, but then stayed for the message you portrayed. Using your high level of fame for many great causes is truly unbelievable, and I thank you for doing so. I recently attended the Vertigo tour on 4-15-05 and was stunned at how many people you and U2 touch, how many people you are willing to embrace, and how many people care about you. Being one of the band's youngest fans, and maybe not fully understanding everything you portray, but agreeing with most of it, is what makes me want to thank you. Thank you for the passion, the love, the peace, and everything else in between. Happy birthday!

Haley
Phoenix, Arizona

thanks y'all, i've gotten them all.

there's still a couple more days left for those who haven't sent one in yet, but i reallly need to have them no later than THIS WEDNESDAY, MAY 4TH! the sooner the better!

one more week and i'll be in chicago :hyper:

d'oh!
Couldn't come up with anything better, let's keep it simple then...
[message starts]

Hur är läget?
Happy B-day to our B!
You are in our hearts and thanks for
being such a great role model for us all.
Hope more, if not all of us will follow your example.
Take care you guys and I'll see you in the summer.
Best wishes,

Simon
Stockholm, (Dancing ZooTV) Sweden
theedge1989@hotmail.com
P.S. Hope you didn't get too upset by my e-mail addy. =)

[message ends]

got it thanks :)

only one more day to get them to me!
i may be able to squeeze one or two last minute, but i don't want to be working on this over the weekend when i need to be doing laundry and packing. i'd like to have the whole card finished by thursday :hyper:

ABEL said:
got it thanks :)

only one more day to get them to me!
i may be able to squeeze one or two last minute, but i don't want to be working on this over the weekend when i need to be doing laundry and packing. i'd like to have the whole card finished by thursday :hyper:

Abel, did you get my email with my message for the card?? I think I sent it to you a couple of weeks ago.

Jo.

I hope you got my message from the email I sent back in April, but just in case, here it is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Birthday Bono,
I just thought you'd like to know that you're the reason I volunteer my services as a massage therapist to people living with AIDS at a hospice in Seattle (www.rosehedge.org). Thank you for all the beautiful music and amazing, inspiring concerts. Thank you for being a 'pest' and opening up my eyes (and many, many others) to see what's happening in the world and getting us excited about what we can do to change it. Have a beautiful day.

Warmest regards,
Trina
aka Lemon Grrrrrl: lemongrrrrrl@u2.com (with 5 R's)
"To touch is to heal"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
yep i've gotten them all :)

this is the absolute last call for greetings for the card. i'll be putting the finishing touches on it tomorrow....then packing and laundry and leaving for chicago on sunday :hyper:

i was going to wait till after i got the pics developed, but i cannot contain myself...

i just got back in town a few hours ago and am spending the night at a friends house...but i thought you'd all like to know...

I GAVE THE CARD TO BONO!!!!!!! IN PERSON!!!!!!! :hyper: :applaud: :happy: :faint:

i will post pics tomorrow after i get them developed and get some sleep.

:yawn:

ABEL said:
i was going to wait till after i got the pics developed, but i cannot contain myself...

i just got back in town a few hours ago and am spending the night at a friends house...but i thought you'd all like to know...

I GAVE THE CARD TO BONO!!!!!!! IN PERSON!!!!!!! :hyper: :applaud: :happy: :faint:

i will post pics tomorrow after i get them developed and get some sleep.

:yawn:
Thats so amazing!
[cant wait for pictures]
thank you Abel!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom