Attachments! - You're all going to hate me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
Yes, like Daisy said why are attachments not showing up now? If we can't use them so much we'll have to go back to posting, but most of the services won't work anymore:(

Snapfish still works...

Why won't MSN work here? :confused: Is there any way to make it work? If it would, I'd post from it instead of using attachments.

I dont know. :slant:

stephannv said:
How do you know how many "k" you've used ??!?!
I'm a computer idiot and have no clue if my sig is too big!!!
*I'm guessing it is*
If it is, someone let me know please!!!!!
:huh:

I think daisy said, right click the image and get the file size there.

Text doesnt matter.. just dont write a book.. thats annoying. :wink:

verte76 said:
Now I'm having hassles downloading attachments. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if it's my ISP (Worldnet) or my modem. Probably both. Damn!

You should be able to just click on the attachment then it opens up a new window and you have to wait for it to load.

It takes a while for me too and I have dsl.

Would someone tell this computer klutz what snapfish is? If you have to have a high-speed connection for it, I'm out of luck.

verte76 said:
Would someone tell this computer klutz what snapfish is? If you have to have a high-speed connection for it, I'm out of luck.

www.snapfish.com

Its a photo hosting site. You upload your pics there then just post the links.

You dont need high speed internet.

Sicy said:

You should be able to just click on the attachment then it opens up a new window and you have to wait for it to load.

It takes a while for me too and I have dsl.

Geez, I'm not getting a window. Maybe I'm pressing the wrong buttons or something. Damn, this is a labyrinth........I'm a computer klutz, I think you can tell!! :eeklaugh: :eeklaugh:

<--- is guilty of er....overdone siggy

*reluctantly edits sig*

wahaaaahaaaaaaa!! I misseth my Pop gifs!! :scream: :sad:

Click on the link then walk away from your computer and go do something else for a while.

Come back and see if its there.

It has to work!

Wait...I have a question...So, if the pictures in our sigy are hosted somewhere else and not "attached," they're okay?

Sicy said:
Click on the link then walk away from your computer and go do something else for a while.

Come back and see if its there.

It has to work!

OK, I'm getting the downloads. I *was* neglecting to click the right stuff on the window. I told you I didn't know what the hell I was doing. :eeklaugh: :laugh: :confused:

I abused the attachment opition in my Emily's Revenge thread. I'm really sorry, Elvis.

Sicy - is my sig okay? The pic is pretty big, but Snapfish doesn't allow them much smaller.

I'm also one of the one's who abused this attachment option and I'm really sorry about this Elvis. I've gotten rid of my gif in my sig.
Since this only applies to attachments at Interference, I was reading at Snapfish and it seems that you could upload gif's and the way you do this is by the drag and drop method. I still haven't figured out how to do this since you have to make your window where the file is smaller and drop it in the upload area. Has anyone tried this or knows how to do it?

testing testing......

i think it's wise.....i also have dialup and threads have taken me 45 minutes to load before......i really hope mine's small enough......probably not......let's see.......

:sad: :sad: :sad:

guess i'll have to change it......:sad:

Last edited:
wertsie said:
Wait...I have a question...So, if the pictures in our sigy are hosted somewhere else and not "attached," they're okay?

oliveu2cm said:
does this mean we should keep the images we link to in our sig small as well? Or does the size limit only apply to the images we attach?

Originally posted by Sicy
Technically, the size doesnt matter if you're linking a pic from somewhere else (different server).. but be courteous as to not have them too big for people that have trouble waiting for pages to load.

The size limit technically only applies to attached images.

But to be honest wertsie your sig is pretty extreme.

Here Emily..

ff.jpg

basically... if people continue to abuse sigs.. i'll end up making them text only.

id rather not do that

i too have abused the attachment option...i guess cause it's a lot easier than going to look up the pic you want to post on the net when you can easily find it on your harddrive.

sorry to all you guys with dial ups....i guess i never noticed how bad it was getting cause i have a cable modem.

hope my sig isn't causing probs....it's not an attachment or a gif but if it's annoyingly big....and i have no idea what is considered big sigwise....just let me know :cool:

I guess my little gif of JT Bono walking was illegal because it's turned to text. I'll go delete the text since it looks lame and look for something smaller.

I'm stating the obvious: the HTML feature for signatures has been turned off. Did it have something to do with signatures taking long to load? HTML is pretty harmless... I simply used it to give my graphic a border and to center it. But I guess it's alright. The fact that we're allowed to put pictures in our sigs at all is enough to make me happy.

I just have to get a U2-related sig.

Maybe this doesn't belong here, but joost out of curiosity, Elvis, why aren't we allowed to use HTML on these boards?

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I guess my little gif of JT Bono walking was illegal because it's turned to text. I'll go delete the text since it looks lame and look for something smaller.

but Gypsy, i do loveth yer new siggy!! smiley Bono *sigh* makes a bad day not so bad :D

GypsyHeartgirl said:
So does this mean NONE of our attachments are going to show up until someone clicks on them?

Take it up with Elvis, I'm just as bothered by this as you are.

Back
Top Bottom