Att: Ladies, i pose a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I need some help. I am a 23 yr old guy and my hair is starting to thin. my dad is bald, most males in my family all are, so i feel that it's inevidable. i'm at that state where i can't have hair of any length or the thinness is noticable, so i end up shaving my head down to 1/4 inch (imagine pop bono at it shortest -other than when it was bic'ed). even then i still feel its noticable (i'm very paranoid about it) so i wear a hat all the time. i've gotton lots of help from professionals about dealing with this fact, and most advice is to accept it and be confident in yourself. let me just say, thats easier said than done.
i'm getting used to the feeling of being/going bald now (it's been happening over the last 2 yrs), but i still get quite depressed when i think of the big picture and think of my whole life i have in front of me and i will be bald for all of it. i won't have the luxury of being able to go through various different hairstyles over my life. i won't have hair on my wedding day, my kids will grow up realizing their father is bald (i have memories of drawing a picture of my family in grade 2 and my dad was hairless), when my teenage daughter beings home friends, she'll never get the comment "ohh, your dad's hot" (okay, maybe thats too 'american beauty':wink: ) it just gets overwelming sometimes. for a lady, i'd imagine it would be similar to coming to terms with being over weight her whole life. but at least with that you have SOME control of.
anyways, i'm thinking of my future and trying to imagine what kind of bald guy i want to be. how i can best maintain my scalp and even fashion, that will give me a chance to still be somewhat 'hot' to woman. i'm not looking for personality advice like "girls like guys with confidence" i have heard all that. what i ask of you today is to post pictures of bald or balding men that you still think is hot, so that i can get an idea of what the average girl thinks. please don't post random pics to just make me feel better. i'd rather only hear the truth. i'm looking specifically for how the remaining hair is kept, perhaps how potential facial hair off-sets it, and even style/fashion that the guy carries/dresses himself with.
this request most likely sounds very weird, but i am a weird guy....

Shave it off completely. Depending on your build, grow a small goatee. But that does depend on your build.

Can you describe yourself please? Are you tall, medium, short? Is your built slight, medium, muscley, large? Is your skin colouring olive, tanned, freckley, pale? etc

a0649cdb.jpg

Billy Zane. In a suit.

I'm a useless fart at posting pictures but I was going to suggest Peter Garrett, singer of Midnight Oil and now politician. An amazing singer, amazing presence, right on politics, and bald all his celebrity life.

Beli, you must have a pic somewhere.:wink:

I always thought Pete was a t-shirt kinda guy anyway.

I've never really noticed the "high neckline" thing, unless it's Larry "forgot to button my shirts" Mullen thing.
:wink:

Billy Zane, Billy Corgan, Patrick Stewart..all very good choices :drool:

Edge too :wink:

Vin Diesel-not my type but some women think he's hot

I think Michael Stipe is hot, he's not classically handsome but he has so many things going for him that make him "hot" to me

marik said:
what do you mean by high neckline?

i'm med. height (5'11), med build (broad shoulders), and white skin - but not ghostly pale

:flirt:

By high neckline I meant the top of the shirt came right up to the base of the throat, or in the case of collared shirts, even higher.

The opposite would be someone in a singlet, where the neckline is kinda just above the moob area.

Does that make sense?

Pale? or fluro white? Pale is beautiful.

If you are worried about the colour of your head you can always wear a hat, beanie or one of the Rapper cloth things.

Just dont wear a baseball cap. Baseball caps on bald people looks silly, in my opinion.

I think it's all a question of style. I can understand your worries, but I don't think you should see it that way. Just shave your head, and if you feel good with it then you'll look great! I mean, it's about being confident about the way you look, and as the previous posters showed it being bald doesn't mean looking old or ugly!!
And as Beli suggests you can always wear a beanie or a hat, but I think after a little while, you head skin will have a colour similar to the rest of your skin; head skin is quite thin and it should get suntan quickly I guess.

IMHO. :wave:

19-edyothel.jpg

I forgot this guys name but he's hot too... I think shaving your head is a good idea only if you can pull it off. My brother has thinning hair and he is only 19...he would NOT look good with a shaved head. *shrug*

Yeah, but what can you do? He ignores it and is a very charming person, which I think makes up for it. He's never had trouble getting dates 'cuz he's such a nice guy (at least I think that's the reason)

My boyfriend is 30, and he's balding. He tends to keep it cut very short. If he takes too long between haircuts, it doesn't look nearly as good (not that he looks awful, but the frequent trims make him look his best). He also has a mustache. He wears hats a lot (I think mainly because he just likes hats though). Hat or hatless though, I think he's a hottie! :heart:

I'd post his picture, but he said I'm not allowed to put his picture online anywhere. :mad: :lol:

As a woman, I think it's safe to say that we generally care less about how YOUR hair (or lack of it) looks than our own! :lol: Seriously, a guy who's bald/balding but doesn't make a big deal about it & accepts it - like height, eye color, race, etc. - is MUCH hotter than one who's constantly checking his hairline & comparing it to last week's, or whining about how much hair he's losing each time the comb/brush passes through, or WORSE!!!!, a guy with a hideous damn rug on his head!!! :scream:

I know you feel self-concious, but if all you can focus on is your lack of hair? That's all anyone else will notice about you as well -- and you are most surely a super person; you're a U2 fan!! :wink:

Marik: I don't have any pics to post for you. Shave your head and forget about it, be the kindest and most wonderful person you can be, and the chicks will be all over you. Trust me, it's not important.

would you at least admit that in the world we live in, unfortunatley, it would be rare for a girl to over look something like this? you all seem to be the top of the top, but i feel like the majority of girls are more superfical than that (not that i would want one like that)

Well I think you answered your own question, you aren't interested in that type of woman :)-yes most people probably are way too focused on looks..MEN too, not just women. So I think all you can do is try not to focus on it and focus on being the nice guy you probably are.

For the record I saw a guy yesterday who was completely bald and who was one of the most handsome men I've ever seen.

What about John Sampson, Bono's bodyguard? He's very hot :wink:

Back
Top Bottom