Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
Okay, I'll cut to the chase. I met him . . .kinda

I met him for 5 seconds really, just a blink of an eye. The security and event orgainzer people were very restrictive the entire time, the whole day.

I was getting frustrated. In between the first part of the awards ceremony and before dinner started I saw an opportunity. I went up below the stage, and said, "Bono, I'm sorry to disturb you but my friend (soulnation2002) wanted me to give you this letter and I wanted to give you this dude pen :) "

"Oh, a dude pen?" he said, a little confused but in a nice way. :)He took the letter and the pen and I managed to take a picture of him with it before I was told to leave by the security person. I wanted to explain that the pen was a cute thing I thought would make him smile, I wanted just to say thank you, but there was no time.

The funny thing is, the dude pen was actually stayed in front of him until after dinner. I guess it fell down and he forgot about it and the note, because as the ceremony was ending and he had gotten up, the pen and the letter were still on the table :( I grabbed them and tried to give it back, but once again the event people blocked the way. I know that it's their job, but they were really not very nice about it, I don't know what I was expecting. It wasn't Bono's usual bodyguard, John (I think that's his name? ). It was people I didn't recognize.

I'm sure he just forgot about the items (after all there were a lot more important issues going on that night :) ), but I hate to admit that I was disappointed. Not in him at all, not in any way, just at the situation.

If you wanted to chat with Bono, this was not the event for it. I know it's their job, but the people "minding" him were not very nice :huh: I heard that one person managed to get an autograph, but it wasn't like waiting outside the studios or outside a hotel if you know what I mean.

I wish I had known about the other events going on at the King Center earlier in the day.

For the 5 seconds I spoke to him he was very nice, but it went so quick. I wished I had had more time or the presence of mind to say "thank you" or shake his hand, or just say congratulations, or even remember if I made eye contact, but there were so many people and there really was no other opportunity to meet him.

The best, and most important thing of course, was his speech and the reason why he was there. It was a great speech and he did fantastic as usual :up:

I would write more about the actual event, but I met someone else (Debbie?) from interference, and she got press credentials, so I'll leave that to her

Sorry, if this report is kind of a downer. I don't think I cut out for this kind of stress :lol: I think I'm better off admiring him from afar.

I did try to take alot of pics and I'll post them when they're finished being developed

PS. Soulnation, I still have your note. Miss-U2 or Hanover, if you see this, could I mail souly's note to you in case you get to see them at the studios? I feel really bad about the note, sorry souly
:hug:

Last edited:
hey kelly!!!

that's a great story!!! well at least, bono put his hands on ur pen and on souly's note!!! :hyper:

and well, u saw him, and talked to him!!! he saw you, and talked to you!!!! :hyper: that's soo great!!

u can email me the note, no problem!!! i will try to give it to him, and i will tell him all this story!!! to show him how the note travelled!!! he is gonna laugh :lol:

congrats again :applaud:

miss-U2 said:
hey kelly!!!

that's a great story!!! well at least, bono put his hands on ur pen and on souly's note!!! :hyper:

and well, u saw him, and talked to him!!! he saw you, and talked to you!!!! :hyper: that's soo great!!

u can email me the note, no problem!!! i will try to give it to him, and i will tell him all this story!!! to show him how the note travelled!!! he is gonna laugh :lol:

congrats again :applaud:

thank you :hug:

yes, the dude pen will be world famous now :lol:

actually, can you e-mail me your address, souly hand wrote the note, so I'd like to mail it too you if that's okay? :)

my email is: kel4876@aol.com

I'm gonna go pick up the pictures now :hyper:

Congrats you managed to speak to him!!:hyper:

Its better than nothing just to be in the same room at the moment would be enough for me!!

Congrats again.

And now I present, the adventures of dude pen (cue exciting music) :lol:

here is the pen that Bono briefly had in his possession :)

dudepen.jpg

I bought it at the D.C. airport when I was there on vacation last june and it says,"Somebody who loves me very much went to Washington D.C. and brought me this dude pen"

Thats excellent. congrats for meeting him . great pictures ( he looks very happy to have the pen Dude)

Kelly, the pictures are great and you DID get to talk to the Great Man, if only for a little while. And that Dude Pen is adorable! Too bad more of us couldn't get pens like that and start handing them to him whenever one of us meets him...it would be a private message like "PLEBA was here!"

Diane L said:
Kelly, the pictures are great and you DID get to talk to the Great Man, if only for a little while. And that Dude Pen is adorable! Too bad more of us couldn't get pens like that and start handing them to him whenever one of us meets him...it would be a private message like "PLEBA was here!"

Dude pen . . . official pen of PLEBA :lol:

http://www.4promoproducts.com/funky-dude.htm

I'm wondering, do you think I should mail the pen back to him or keep it? :scratch: :wink:

Last edited:
mrsking2.jpg

Earlier in the day, I was walking around the hotel, and I saw Mrs.King enter through a side door, right past me, and go into an elevator. I wanted to say something, but she was on a cell phone and was with a group of people. I must add, she is an absolutely stunning woman in person. Pictures do not do her justice :)

Last edited:
Awesome pics!

I understand, but I think it's so incredible that you got to attend that dinner Kelly. I know you realize that anyway :) Please no one get mad or kill me :wink: , but perhaps sometimes there's too much emphasis on how much time someone might get w/ him, or what kind it is. He's only one man after all w/ too many admirers :D

I LOVE the pen story :cute:

Sting? :huh: :eeklaugh:

Back
Top Bottom