ASKMRBONO.COM - Just ask Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_LeMon

Refugee
Well, I talked w/Bono last week, about a site I want to make soon, called AskMrBono.com

I gave to him a new email add, where I will send in every month 10 or 15 new questions, which U gals and U2 fans everywehe will send to me. At the first step, just put some interesting questions, I will select the best 10, and will post to Bono. I hope the new site concept desighn will be ready in this week, but I'll ned the questions befor 16 May, cos Bman wants to Africa...

Bono said: "Great idea!"

Soo, keep on askin!!!

Cheers

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

http://limelight.pcdome.hu

i have just 3 words, Mr. LeMon: i love you!!! lol!
wink.gif

seriously, this website is an awesome idea!!! thank you for bringing it up with him! who knows if he'll actually go through with it, but... it's so cool that you did that!

gah! now i need to narrow down my questions...

Hmmm...

Your lyrics are all very open and seemingly vulerable, do you ever think twice about lyrics on a particular song, or not release a song deeming it too personal?

How's that?

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

I really want to him to do this! But my friend will remind him tomorrow, I hope.... and ya know HE's watching us... so why not! Lets give a try! Its only a hard work for me... Just put here some questions...

------------------
"I know..." - Bono

Well, off the top of my head I can only think of those that probably SHOULDN'T be asked

Like..

Who has a better sense of humor-President Clinton or President Bush?

Have you ever tried the nicotine patch to kick the smoking habit?

Why did you keep pulling your pant leg down over your shoes during the Boston shows?
biggrin.gif

I'd also like to ask him-In all the times you've been to Boston, have you ever been able to see other places in New England-like Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont? If so, what did you think of them?

It would take me a while to think of some serious questions, because there are so many things I'd like to ask him about-but he's got such a great sense of humor anyway
smile.gif

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~
~The more people I meet the more I like my dog~

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 05-13-2002).]

ok, here are some:

Personal question:
- Is there anything in your past that you wish you could change?

- What is your favorite place?

- What do you think about the current crisis in the American Catholic church? And are you really against organized religion? (i read this somewhere recently...)

Questions about Africa:

- How can we, as individuals caught up in our own lives who will probably never travel to africa, get a better sense of just how catastrophic the situation is over there? Reading statistics just doesn't seem to make it any more "real"- is there a book out there, or a documentary, which can perhaps bring the crisis to a more personal level?

And finally, about the music:
biggrin.gif

- What is your favorite song to perform live?

- Which song are you most proud of having written?

- Do you have any favorite song lyrics (yours or somebody else's)?

- Could you please play "A Celebration" on the next tour?
wink.gif
lol! j/k....

Which songs do your kids like best?

Which one of your 'personas' did Ali like best?

What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? (place, scenery, view)

What would you torture you more, being blind or being deaf?

What historical events or inventions would you like to see come to pass in your lifetime?

What are your fondest memories of the band, and your greatest wishes for the future?

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

i have two,

"you once descibed bruce springsteen as the buddah of your youth, is there a certain song or lyric of his stood that out to you most?"

also

"did you see the rocks with a written messages on about thankin you for inspirations and followin dreams,me and my friend wrote one each and left it on the small wall at your gate?",
smile.gif

courtney love has done somethin simuler to this on her site and it turned out cool, good idea
smile.gif

Ohhh.. great questions! Got a hard job to select only a few of them :( But maybe those not were chosen, I'll send next time...

------------------
"I know..." - Bono

Thanks Mr. LeMon
biggrin.gif
A few questions that have been rattling around in my brain.. (pretty silly ones at that!)

- What do you think of younger (younger than age 15) fans, especially at concerts?
- Are your daughters as interested in music? What are their favourite artists?
- What other careers do you think you might have had if you had not joined U2?

I'm a dork.
tongue.gif

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

My question : Would you ever approach Bill Flanagan to come on tour with you again and write a sequel to "At the End of the World"? Would you want him to? I know he's a big cheese at VH1 now, but still...

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Which songs do your kids like best?

HA! I read this the first time as "Which of your kids do you like best?"

Mr LeMon, great idea. Here's hoping something will come of it.

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

*thinks*
*head starts smoking*

too...many...questions...

i'll have to submit for a later post...this rocks mr. lemon!

Great idea! Let's see...

How did it feel to perform in NYC after 9/11?
(I'd like to know since the 2nd NYC show was my 1st U2 concert).
Someone else said this and I agree it would be interesting to know how Bono feels about having a younger fan base (teens-early twenties).
Will U2 ever release a DVD set of all their videos including alternate versions and others which were only released in certain countries? Cause that would be great for the fans to have.

That's all I could think of.

YAAAAAAAY!!! ASKMRBONO.COM!!!! *does the happy dance* I'll make sure he remembers it!!! I'll be like...Bono you have new e-mail addy remember??? Bono: Of course! lol
biggrin.gif
*huuuuuugs* I'll send in my questions later

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I bet we could answer most of these questions for him either by reading things he's already said on the topics or just knowing his habits of thinking.

Which is why, hopefully, Mr. LeMon will choose very carefully and pick out the questions that we don't know the answer to for submission. Part of what's so cool about this is, I think we're all tired of hearing Bono answer the same questions time and time again. This has the potential to give us, as people who have read 80 million Bono interviews, a chance to ask nonrepetitive, thoughtful questions he can't necessarily use a stock answer for. At least, I'm hoping.
smile.gif

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

[This message has been edited by Mirrorball Girl (edited 05-14-2002).]

-Does it bother you that Adam wears sarongs?
-Do you ever just stare at Larry's Moobs?
-Do you ever look in the mirror and say
"Damn, I'm hot"?

and, I'm done.

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

*head explodes*

HOLY BACON!!!

That is a COOL idear....but I think I'd probably embarrass myself in asking questions of Bono. Although I would like to know his favorite ice cream flavor. Pete Yorn's is mint chocolate chip.....

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

Originally posted by stephannv:
-Does it bother you that Adam wears sarongs?
-Do you ever just stare at Larry's Moobs?
-Do you ever look in the mirror and say
"Damn, I'm hot"?

and, I'm done.

Oh my Dad ... those are funny. Inquiring PLEBA minds need to know these things.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 05-14-2002).]

What is your favourite shade of black?
Do you know Irish Gaelic? Would you ever consider learning it? Why? Why not?
Do you really think PLEBA girls are scary? If so, why?
What was it like to meet Roy Orbison?
Do you find it wierd that bands you grew up listening to and amiring say they like U2?
Have you ever heard of Anton LaVey?
Do you enjoy answering these questions?

------------------
T? m? ?seal.
T? m? ard.
T? m? tana?.
T? m? ramhar.
T? m? bean.

Back
Top Bottom