As the manager of Dublin Calling, I call a band meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney22

Refugee
Everybody sit down, thanks for bringing the moofins, now let's get down to business:

~ All name changes/alter egos must be created sometime soon. And no symbol names (i.e. Prince, formerly known as the Artist formerly known as Prince), please. If you are having trouble, I have found out that Marky Mark, Lisa Lisa, Kriss, Kross, Posh, Baby, and Scary have all become available (Ginger and Sporty not yet available).

~ A very, em, manly woman who introduced herself as Briana Eno (no relation to the Brian Eno loathed by PLEBAns, so she says) has expressed an interest in producing the rest of the first album. Gimme some feedback on that...

~ Hippy, our master percussionist, I saw ?Miss Congeniality? last night and am wondering if you would be interested in playing the water glasses on ?Sweet Sweet Gravel Lust?

~ Salman Rushie has not yet approved of the use of his name in your song ?You Can Be My Salman Rushdie?, but the ghost of James Joyce is looking for some publicity. *hint hint*

~ Mbi16, we need you to direct our first video, and, for our first single (which we need to choose, band) it is possible for us to give it a ?Streets? feel, I have found a rooftop we can use. I have some connections at the 7-11...

Any responses, other proposals or news from the band... put ?em up.

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Can I PLEASE be called......ummmm.....MacDana? or is that too awful? tehe

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

That can be arranged... just be careful, you don't wanna get sued!
biggrin.gif

*starts receiving phone calls from a certain golden suit-wearing man*

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Everybody sit down, thanks for bringing the moofins, now let's get down to business:

Yay! Moofins! *takes a ginormous bite of a moofin* I loveth moofins! *true crumbs fly in blue and black...boo! sorry
biggrin.gif
* It's really hard to say "loveth moofins" with a mouthful of moofin!

~ All name changes/alter egos must be created sometime soon. And no symbol names (i.e. Prince, formerly known as the Artist formerly known as Prince), please. If you are having trouble, I have found out that Marky Mark, Lisa Lisa, Kriss, Kross, Posh, Baby, and Scary have all become available (Ginger and Sporty not yet available).

You mean "&" isn't acceptable?
biggrin.gif
Awww...I've had my heart set on that...guess I'll just have to settle for hippy...but make sure it's all lowercase signifying that no letter is dominant...as no person should be dominant over another! All people should have equal rights! (maybe you should just call me Bono...
wink.gif
)

~ A very, em, manly woman who introduced herself as Briana Eno (no relation to the Brian Eno loathed by PLEBAns, so she says) has expressed an interest in producing the rest of the first album. Gimme some feedback on that...

WHAT!?!? Briana Eno looks vaguely familiar....*hippy is tackled by a rather mannish looking woman...* Okay, just let me go...I don't care if Briana produces the album!

~ Hippy, our master percussionist, I saw ?Miss Congeniality? last night and am wondering if you would be interested in playing the water glasses on ?Sweet Sweet Gravel Lust?

I'm more than willing to play the water glasses...I just happen to be a virtuoso water glasser!
biggrin.gif

~ Salman Rushie has not yet approved of the use of his name in your song ?You Can Be My Salman Rushdie?, but the ghost of James Joyce is looking for some publicity. *hint hint*

Dood, I have tons of dead authors screaming at me!

STEPHEN CRANE: hippy! read me!
HIPPY: Shut up you! I'm posting on PLEBA!
JACK LONDON: *leaps off bookshelf* Weee! I'm due tomorrow! Read me!
HIPPY: *throws Jack back on the shelf* I KNOW! Stop bugging me!
OSCAR WILDE: *peeks out from closet* hippy! you promised to read me tonight! I'm really funny!
HIPPY: Oscar, get BACK in that closet NOW!
(lol, I hope someone appreciates the irony of that last remark
biggrin.gif
)

~ Mbi16, we need you to direct our first video, and, for our first single (which we need to choose, band) it is possible for us to give it a ?Streets? feel, I have found a rooftop we can use. I have some connections at the 7-11...

Hey, if the 7-11 isn't available I know of a certain dorm rooftop that's SCREAMING for a concert
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I see the food table. tehre better not be any blue M&Ms there.

*throws a temper tantrum*

OK I'm better now.

We all need to get measured for the leather too......

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono
The Man Corral

Originally posted by hippyactress:
OSCAR WILDE: *peeks out from closet* hippy! you promised to read me tonight! I'm really funny!
HIPPY: Oscar, get BACK in that closet NOW!
(lol, I hope someone appreciates the irony of that last remark
biggrin.gif
)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! For once, I got irony!
biggrin.gif

And yes Mona, you need to get measured for the leather... did we ever appoint a stylist?

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
biggrin.gif

And yes Mona, you need to get measured for the leather... did we ever appoint a stylist?

We need a stylist!!!! Somebody who knows how to french braid. I've always wanted my hair to be french braided.

biggrin.gif

Yay! Sorry, I'm being REALLY punchy tonight!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, do we all have to wear leather? Cause I'm really comfy in my tye-die and jeans
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Originally posted by WildHonee:
biggrin.gif

We need a stylist!!!! Somebody who knows how to french braid. I've always wanted my hair to be french braided.

LMAO!!! My mom has always promised me to French braid my hair someday...for 19 years now she's been promising that...and she never has!

LOL, Mona...you and I will have to get someone to French braid our hair!
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Originally posted by Jam Jar:
dye jobs. you mustn't forget about makin the hair wild, too! you gotta have spunk! spunk spunk spunk! hehe

Spunk? I don't want the spunk. Make me some music, man.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono
The Man Corral

dye jobs. you mustn't forget about makin the hair wild, too! you gotta have spunk! spunk spunk spunk! hehe

well, I have always wanted to dye my hair blue! or maybe I'll go tye-dye with the hair too! dood, that would be SO cool!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

*interferes*

Okay, okay, French braids for Mona & hippy (and anyone else who wants them) , a dye job for Jammy Droom (and anyone else who wants that), and Jerry Curls for everyone else
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

spunk.
spunky.
spanky.
sparky.

hmm..... lol, i don't know what i'm doing.

oh! yes, btw~ i'm here!
biggrin.gif

i forgot to sign in.
*runs back to the door and scribbles name into a notebook*

moofins?

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

and Jerry Curls for everyone else
biggrin.gif

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 02-26-2002).]

hey, if no one's take up the job yet, could i sign up to play the spoons?

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

Spoons is part of hippy's job, but since she plays a bajillion other instruments, I'm sure she wouldn't mind at least sharing that job w/ you....

Are you willing hippy?

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Go for it Julie...

Everytime I play the spoons, unfortunate things happen...

So I gladly relinquish the spoon playing to you...take care of them...they are my precious AdamSpoons
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

yay! thanks!

*clink-clink clinky-clink-clink clinkitty clink-clinky*

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
yay! thanks!

*clink-clink clinky-clink-clink clinkitty clink-clinky*

LOL!

I know! Those are the opening chords of "You Can Be My Salman Rushdie"!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

lol

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

I need help with my British alter ego. It keeps sounding like Ozzy Osbourne....

The spoons sounds....that's not the Salman Rushdie song.....that's Adam's mating call.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono
The Man Corral

The spoons sounds....that's not the Salman Rushdie song.....that's Adam's mating call.

O! so THAT's why I get all excited and flustered when I play the spoons!

Mona, you have explained the reason three people had to be seriously injured because of my spoon playing!

biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

I need help with my British alter ego. It keeps sounding like Ozzy Osbourne....

Well, you have your choices of British accents:

- Ozzy
- Hugh Grant
- Rupert Everett
- Queen Elizabeth
- (blank) Spice
- Madonna... wait a minute.

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Well, you have your choices of British accents:

- Ozzy
- Hugh Grant
- Rupert Everett
- Queen Elizabeth
- (blank) Spice
- Madonna... wait a minute.

What about Kenneth Branagh!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

[/b][/QUOTE]

[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, I can do french braids! I wanna be the stylist! I'm good with leather and face paint too and I can do a mean buzzcut/shave for all ya Sinead wannabes
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom