article on U2 around Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just a bit of information from the Boston Globe - Kinda PLEBAn info so I thought I'd post it here :wink:

Home > A&E > Celebrity news
The Boston GLobe
On the rum
By Carol Beggy & Mark Shanahan, Globe Staff | May 28, 2005

More adventures of Irish rockers
That was U2 frontman Bono and bassist Adam Clayton working out yesterday at Sports Club/LA in the Ritz Towers. The duo showed no signs of wear, and both were spotted at a very private party at News near South Station. How private? Only those with ''all access" laminates (which means band members, their families, and touring crew) were allowed. And how late? Bono was still in the restaurant after 2 a.m. . . . Among those enjoying U2's Thursday night show at the FleetCenter were Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi, Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler, his daughter Liv Tyler, Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton, and former vice president Al Gore. . . . Before each of the three shows at the FleetCenter, Bono sips Numi Tea's lemon myrtle and green tea. The tea, which is served locally at the Four Seasons Hotel, is sent to each city U2 plays.

nurse chrissi said:
Just to make it easy for everyone - here is the tea :wink:
http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/numitea/store.d2w/report

I'm sorry I have no pictures of Adam and Bono working out
:(

:heart: Tea :heart: I actually drink Numi's jasmine tea!

:lmao:

I was seriously going to say...I wonder how many PLEBAns are going to look for that tea now! :lol:

(newscaster's voice: And in a bizzare event today, sales and stocks in Numi's brand tea soared through the roof! This sudden interest in Numi's tea is currently unexplainable, though early study indicates all buyers are female and seem to drool instantly upon purchasing tea.)

Last edited:

well if you are going to do PLEBAn like reporting you should always go the extra distance:wink:

default_photo.jpg

picture of where Bono and Adam worked out :lol:

Last edited:
I saw U2 for a few minutes last night on Access Hollywood. Turned on the TV to see what was on, and they said, coming up, U2. Showed some live footage and interview with the band. I think Adam mentioned chamomille (sp?) tea, :giggle: And depending on the angle of the camera and lighting, Bono was wearing a purple shirt, then it was blue, then purple. I'm sure it was actually purple, since that's the only other color besides black I've seen him wear. But when it looked blue... he looked even better than the real thing... child..... :drool:

nurse chrissi said:
Before each of the three shows at the FleetCenter, Bono sips Numi Tea's lemon myrtle and green tea. The tea, which is served locally at the Four Seasons Hotel, is sent to each city U2 plays.

Just like Van Halen had all the brown M&Ms removed! :lmao:

When U2 were in my home town for Zoo TV, there were reports (AFTER they had left! :mad: ) that Bono and Edge had played tennis at the tennis centre in the city. There was a lovely picture of Zoo era Bono in grey sweats, top and bottoms.

Many words come to mind, sexy ain't one of them. :lol:

Journalistic Update: The tea tastes like Froot Loops...pretty good actually. :up:

*disclaimer* I went grocery shopping today, and as I've said before I drink Numi's jasmine tea...so I figured why the heck not try it out for shits and giggles. I'm not crazy! Well, maybe just a touch! :wink:

starsgoblue said:
Numi tea is good brand. That's why I like to get thier jasmine stuff... It's all certified organic and they have partnerships with the people growing the tea...so it's ethical AND tasty! :wink:

Ay please, Bono drinks it :wink:

sweetie said:

Anyone else have visions of rubbing themselves against the equipment??:reject:

:D And there I was thinking I was crazy....

(Maybe I still am, but at least you are too!)

PS -- I LOVE one4u2's sig! :drool:

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

well if you are going to do PLEBAn like reporting you should always go the extra distance:wink:

default_photo.jpg

picture of where Bono and Adam worked out :lol:

I just had a vision of Bono trying to get on one of those stability balls (like those near the stairway) and falling off it!!!

Bono...:hug:

Meghan said:

Oops, well then,

PS -- I LOVE starsgoblue's former sig which has been reborn as one4u2's sig

:D

It wasn't Stars sig she did post it in a thread and immediately I pounced on i:happy:

:huh:

all u2 talk should be about the music, the music THE MUSIC, not the amount of time they spent on the treadmill !!!!

Habib said:

all u2 talk should be about the music, the music THE MUSIC, not the amount of time they spent on the treadmill !!!!

Poor thing you must be new! You must then leave PLEBA immediately :tsk:

one4u2 said:

Poor thing you must be new! You must then leave PLEBA immediately :tsk:

I'm sorry you must be lost....this is Pleba..did you read the sign?

sorry..welcome:hug:

Habib said:

This is PLEBA.We focus on the important things about U2. And what's important is how much time they're on the treadmill! :lmao:

U2 on the treadmill.... :drool: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom