Article of Bono in Paris Match in English

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
okay, that's the first part:

The singer of U2, Bono, was with other stars in Cape town, to the world AIDS day, sponsored by nelson mandela. He wants to make the Occident faced its guilty conscience...
An exclusive interview...

Sunday, the next day after his concert, Bono, one of the most secret rock star, accepted to receive the Paris Match journalists in his bedroom, in the Shearaton Hotel, in Cape town...
Photos Beno?t Gysembergh

From our special reporter in Cape town: Dany Jucaud.

Last edited:
Bono, it is first a look. He can see through people. Generous and sensitive, what he shows, it is what HE IS: he doesn't cheat... He is someone good, a rare commodity in this job. He is only surrounded by quality people. Whereas he could wallow in his celebrity...He has the means to do so, after all, he is the biggest rock star in the world. He has chosen to be the voice of those who don't have one...

yeah i was afraid of the competition queen bee!! lmao!!!

no problem, u can put it on the news...maybe just correct some stuff which are not good...(im not english so!!!)

so well, here it goes...

PM: during the concert, i was looking at you, form backstage...all these thousands of people, applauding you, screaming your name as soon as you appear on stage, is this still doing something to you??

B: if you need, every night, 35,000 people to tell you that they love you to feel normal, you have a big problem!!! The big artists are the most worried people, the most hyper-sensitive people in the world, it is written in our DNA... i have the sensitiveness of a reptile, i am talking to you right now, but i can feel the smaller vibes in this room. i always have a sharp conscience of what is happening around me, as if the danger were going to spring from a door, suddendly!!

Last edited:
PM: Yesterday, when Nelson Mandela made his speech in the yard of the Robben Island jail, where he was imprisoned during 27 years, you were the only one, among all the artists, to be moved to tears...

B: i have never been ashamed of showing my feelings... i have an hypersensitivity. Being back there, in this jail yard, i find this deeply moving... I am fascinated by this man. Despite all his humour, his elegant way to be standing up straight, i think to myself that, not for one second, he can't forget that 27 years were stolen from his life...

Mandela, like Kofi Annan, are this kind of men who have a certain grace. The personality who had the greatest impact on me is the arch-bishop Desmond Tutu. He is haunted by Gospel. Tutu gets the laughter, which is for me, the quite obviousness of the freedom...

So far good job miss-U2! Thanks for the translation! Sounds like a good interview!
Can you imagine being the Paris Match journalists let into his bedroom? :combust:

no i can't imagine, geez!!! :drool: :drool:

for the first time in my life, i am proud to be french, i don't know why!! that' sooo stupid!!

i am sorry for posting this thread twice..i certainly pressed the wrong button!!

I think it would have been really hard not to jump him if I were one of those journalists :reject: :silent:

Last edited:
B: i am always fighting against my selfishness. Artists are people fundamentally selfish, and i don't escape from this rule... In our job, we quickly become obsessed with ourselves, we are a little too fond of number one. The celebrity has something ridiculous, but i admit it is a good bargaining counter. I am glad to use it for good causes. Let's say that, with the passing of time, i have developed good ways to control the fury which lives inside me...

tabby, de rien!!!

U2SJ, i think i would have locked the door. "no bono, ur not going anywhere!! ur mine!!!":drool: :drool: lol

okay, that's all for tonight for the translation... my eyes really hurt... i need to have some rest... i have an exam on wednesday, and i didnot study at all today, because of flavia (and your call which completly drove me coocoo!!)

i will finish this tomorrow... cause actually, it makes me work on my translation, that's still studies, no???:huh:

goodnight!!
oh i think i can explain you something, with my friends, we have some expressions in french that we made up:
BONONUIT and ADAMIN
the first one means good night, normally, it is BONNE NUIT, but...
the second one means see ya tomorrow, normally, it is A DEMAIN, but we couldn't help...
we have 2others for Larry and edge, and even one for daniel lanois..but too complicated of u don't understand french!!

so girls, i tell you bononuit et adamin!!!:wink:

Thanks Emilie, that was so nice of you to do that for us! Wow, you're good. It must be cool to know more than one language.

I am so jealous of the photographer who posed him (like Souly brought up in the other thread, that's how I wanted to pose him!) :drool:

Thank you so much, miss-U2! Now I'm definitely wanting to try and find this magazine!

The best parts from what I've read so far:

B: i have never been ashamed of showing my feelings... i have an hypersensitivity.

:hug: :bono: :heart:...nothing wrong with a guy who expresses his feelings, and I'm glad Bono sees no shame in that (a good quality to pass on to his sons, too!).

Angela

ur gonna laugh guys...

i can't put my hand back on this f*ckin magazine.... i am sure i put it on my desk...but i can't find it... it is the mess..all my notes of my lectures etc... maybe i let it in the living-room... i don't know!! but it is not in the livin-room anymore...i hope my roomates didnot rob it!!!

don't worry!!!! i can do it!!! i can find it!! DO NOT PANIC EMILIE! DO NOT PANIC!!:rant: :banghead: :crazy: :yikes: :yikes: :help:

really girls, that's a catastrophe!!! i can't find it anymore!!! :yikes: i am pacing up and down everythin and shouting bad words :rant:

geez... that's the end of the world!! i think i just have to buy another one... anyway, maybe someone here has the article in french, if he could post it here, i could finish the translation...

even if i think i am gonna find the magazine when i won't expect to find it... but i need it now!!!, not in 2days!!! :banghead:

miss-U2 said:
really girls, that's a catastrophe!!! i can't find it anymore!!! :yikes: i am pacing up and down everythin and shouting bad words :rant:

geez... that's the end of the world!! i think i just have to buy another one... anyway, maybe someone here has the article in french, if he could post it here, i could finish the translation...

even if i think i am gonna find the magazine when i won't expect to find it... but i need it now!!!, not in 2days!!! :banghead:

Aw, I feel really sorry for you:( :hug: I really hope you find it and thanks for what you've posted so far.

What a talented and devoted fan you are Emilie. Thanks for the translation...it was an astonishing read. You went to great efforts to locate and translate this artiicle, our appreciation knows no bounds, what you've done is more than enough, so chill and don't panic, perhaps when you're looking for something else it will crop up again. Meanwhile,Thanks!

de rien!!!! :wink:

well, i stopped looking for it..no use... i am hopeless... i have an exam tomorrow, so i need to study, especially if i wanna come with you on thursday to the studios...

i let u know if i find it... keep the faith!!

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom