ARGH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DML

War Child
Well...today is the day of the U2 concert I was supposed to be at
frown.gif
But my parents decided to, as I tell them, 'rip my heart out, toss it on the floor and stomp all over it.' The other day I was complaining about how awesome the shows have been in NYC (cause I was probably gonna go to at least one of them too) and after I was done yelling at my parents, my father walked into my room, completely serious, and said, "well, if you can get a plane ticket and get there in time for the concert.." (this was on Thursday) and I was thinking (you mean person! NOW YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND!) and then I said, "yeah, I'm sure I could but I'm missing the most important factor...a ticket to the concert." So then he walked out of my room...and I sat there thinking, "well, I should use this to my advantage." and I walked out and told them that they have to buy me the ZooTV and PopMart tapes to buy my love back. And, I got them! LOL! So today, I was watching ZooTV, and my father, who normally would be making mean comments throughout, didn't have much to say. I was shocked. I decided that I was gonna make them watch the rest of it (they just left to go to the store) cause they made me miss the real U2 shows! So that is their punishment. Okay...sorry to ramble on...lol!

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

Originally posted by DML:
after I was done yelling at my parents

I sat there thinking, "well, I should use this to my advantage." and I walked out and told them that they have to buy me the ZooTV and PopMart tapes to buy my love back.

Well...I'm sorry that you missed out on seeing U2, and I'm glad you got those vids...but...

I hope you didn't literally yell at your parents, and I hope you didn't actually tell them that they had to buy those tapes to "buy your love back." That's kind of mean...your parents already seemed to feel bad.

I hope that you at least thanked them for the videos.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 10-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Well...I'm sorry that you missed out on seeing U2, and I'm glad you got those vids...but...

I hope you didn't literally yell at your parents, and I hope you didn't actually tell them that they had to buy those tapes to "buy your love back." That's kind of mean...your parents already seemed to feel bad.

I hope that you at least thanked them for the videos.

Oh gosh...no, I didn't YELL...I just umm...talked a bit above normal volume, just to get the point acrossed...that I was a bit angry, and the buying my love back thing, I should have really made it a point, the whole time we discussed that, we all had smiles on our faces, it is was sort of an ongoing joke. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear enough, I was thanking them UP AND DOWN! And the reason I couldn't go is umm, cause I am in Florida, and I was gonna be staying with my brother for a bit, I think if I stayed in NJ for that time, we all knew that I would want to stay...so I think it goes a bit deeper then just not letting me see U2

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

I understand, Dana.

That's what's hard about forums...sometimes things come across differently as you intended them to...happens to me all the time...
wink.gif

BTW, which video did you like better? ZooTV or POPMart??

I think I like ZooTV better (MacPhisto is awesome!), but I really enjoy POPMart because I actually got to see U2 on that tour.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I understand, Dana.

That's what's hard about forums...sometimes things come across differently as you intended them to...happens to me all the time...
wink.gif

BTW, which video did you like better? ZooTV or POPMart??

I think I like ZooTV better (MacPhisto is awesome!), but I really enjoy POPMart because I actually got to see U2 on that tour.

It's tough, but yeah...ZooTV. I think I have watched it a lot more than PopMart. When I first was watching it, I had the BIGGEST smile on my face, and my dad was walking through the living room, and saw my HUGE smile and said, "Well...if that's all it takes to amuse you!" I laughed and saw, "Dad...it takes a lot...look, would you LOOK AT IT!" hehe! And just watching MacPhisto...wow! LOL! My love for ZooTv grows by the second!

------------------
Dana

Dana, I know how you feel........

I posted last night about how I couldn't go.......

The concert was in NYC, and I live in Massachusetts, so the drive there is only 2 hours.....

And I was willing to pay for my ticket... I've never paid before, but I was going to this time......... and I had been asking my Dad to find me a ticket for the past 3 weeks, I looked on EBay & found a ton..... but he never gave me a definite response, and I had been holding out until Thursday that my parents would surprise me by getting me a ticket, but they obviously did not.....

So I let them know how pissed I was by watching "Rattle & Hum" 3 times in a row, and I watched the ZOO TV concert from Sydney, and played all my live bootlegs.... I think they get the picture now.......

And my mom didn't even enjoy as much as I would have...... all she said was "It was good."

Don't get me wrong, I am not a spoiled bitch at all, very rarely will I get something I desperately want, and all I wanted was a night of heaven.......

------------------
"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

I send you flowers
Cut flowers for your hall
I know your garden is full
But is there sweetness at all

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom