Are they annoying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the resume is missing a bunch of albums, including HTDAAB!
and they miss the grammy's aswell... :rolleyes:

Why they might be annoying
One word: Bono.
:giggle: gehehehe .. :lol:

Total sillyness!! Some people have too much time on their hands and even then they don't get it right!?!:lol: If anyones a annoying it's the creater of that website!! Where can I vote???:mac:

...yeah, and clearly poorly researched as well. They make it sound as if the extent of their work is a couple of charity concerts. Add 'helped to have billions in debt cancelled for the world's poorest nations' and 'helped in providing HIV medications to countless people in those same countries' and then see how people vote.

Why they might be annoying
One word: Bono.
Many of their concerts in the 90's were seen as excessive and over-the-top.
They are a music group who thinks they are entitled to use their fanbase to dictate world policy.
They constantly remind audiences and viewers that they are from Ireland.

ok, the bono annoying part is bullshit. but, isnt influencing ur fans to believe in the same things u do a privilege of famous people? and what is wrong about reminding ppl that they are from ireland???? they are proud of where they are from, whats annoying about that??/ grrrrr... :yell: :madspit: :rant:

Wow, you guys are waaaaaay overreacting. I, personally, am I fan of Am I Annoying? and have actually helped edit a few profiles. Yes, there are more things that could be added to both lists, but it really isn't worth getting your panties in a bunch over. It's just a silly website :|

As I said in my previous post, total sillyness. And for clarification I'll say it again, what annoyed me about this site, was that they, whoever 'they' are, didn't get their facts right! Coz in my opinion, if you're gonna try and make fun of somebody, you should at least know what (Who?!) you're talking about!! Otherwise it's just ignorant, mindless mud-slinging, which is what this site is doing!!!:tsk: :yell: :madwife:

geegeelovesadam said:
Wow, you guys are waaaaaay overreacting. I, personally, am I fan of Am I Annoying? and have actually helped edit a few profiles. Yes, there are more things that could be added to both lists, but it really isn't worth getting your panties in a bunch over. It's just a silly website :|

Hope my post didn't offend you, I didn't mean it as a diss to the site or anything...just a random observation. The whole concept isn't really up my alley but I'm sure the site is all meant in good fun.

I could wash his mouth out with soap. Not that it would work, but it'd be hysterical to see how far I got.
C'mon, now. Bono's first word was probably fuck.

Babydoll said:

and what is wrong about reminding ppl that they are from ireland???? they are proud of where they are from, whats annoying about that??/ grrrrr... :yell: :madspit: :rant:

I don’t know, its seems to be an Irish thing. I’m ½ Irish and it seems anytime Irish people get together being Irish always comes up in conversation.

From a 1997 interview:

D&C: I wanted to ask you about drugs: It's not something that I've read you talk about.

Bono: Just say Noel. [laughing]

D&C: If you want the good gear just say Noel. [laughter] Did you ever go through a period

Bono: It's not my thing. I'm not really into it, but I feel for people who are. I tried to bring up the debate and talk about the facts and it got distorted on me and I was tabloided into 'I think drugs are great' and I don't, actually. I think drugs are lazy, but I don't knock that. Drink is lazy, cigarettes are lazy. That's the thing. The thing about drugs and me is that, as a person, the sort of drugs I need are probably the sort of drugs to turn me down, not up

I'm thinking he brought up the general topic at some point and then, like he said, it turned into a 'Bono admits to loving drugs!' headline. What his original comments were I'm not sure.

Last edited:
ok that was weird... also lame thing... they wrote live AIDS...
Larry: He does karate
OMG I didn't know that :D cool, I do it too, ok larry, match?
another one with larry : He has been married to the same woman for 20 years.
wtf? one, Larz isnt married, and two, why isn't that NON annoying with Bono? who is now married for 23,5 year!
Adam:
Bassist/Producer for the Irish band U2
Producer???? :huh: I know Edge produced some tracks.. but Adam?
Edge: He is divorced
is that a reason to be annoying?
:giggle: He has to put up with Bono
ok now that one is funny(and true :wink: )

i get a kick out of fandom bashing for some reason :D
And i can understand why people think Bono is annoying. I am glad i am into him. Otherwise i would be annoyed by him being in my face all the time.. with music AND do-good stuff
is just not as cool when you do not particularily like a person in the first place or have just very different concerns/ views

on the other hand i have to admit. this one is quite bad and unispired. Facts are wrong and it is very sloppy. I appreciate sharp, cynical and well researched (or just screwball) humor/ bashing (like maddoxx or whatever his name is). I surfed around on that AMIannoying site and i must say it is not very exciting and rather .. uh.. boring.
too bad

I think if makers cannot eb botherd to put at least some effort in their work i do not have to be bothers to appreciate, recommend it or even get worked up over what they say :yawn:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom