Are any PLEBA girls going to try to get tickets for St. Louis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoneyAlways

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I was just wondering b/c my friend have had enough of my begging them to go to another concert with me...If I can get a ticket I might be forced to go alone! *eeekkk* anyway, post if ya are!
biggrin.gif

Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

[This message has been edited by WildHoneyAlways (edited 11-10-2001).]

Me, email me if you get stuck with one!

u2kitten@yahoo.com

Thanks!
smile.gif

Very slight possibility that I could make it. My parents live in MO so if I go down for Thanksgiving and time it right, I just might be able to swing it. We shall see.
smile.gif

-sula

Yes. But I think "try" is the key word here. If I don't get GAs, it won't be worth the 6 hour bus ride from Chicago, not to mention skipping classes the week before finals and missing two days of work. But if I do get them...yee haw, St. Louis here I come!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Did anyone have any luck this morning? None here. Still waiting to see if my friend was more fortunate than I was.

------------------
"I buy socks."

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"

-Adam, The Simpsons

*sniff sniff* No GA's for me...stupid people who don't like U2 got GA's over me! Arrggg! Anyway, if anyone ends up with an extra ticket for St Louis...I'm in Champaign...not all that far...I might take it.
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

No luck for me either.
frown.gif
mad.gif
Sure is weird the scalpers get all they want and not the fans. Is it a conspiracy? They may think we don't notice but because of online forums and mailing lists enough of us do get together to discuss it so we know. It sucks.
frown.gif

I know Kitten,
The ticket broker I bought my GA's from last time for a reasonable $95, had over 50 floor seats when I talked to him!! My guess was that he probably had over 100 to begin with. It is a crime I tell you...why can't fans get tickets anymore...I think I'll contact my representives...It really is a monopoly.
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

I think you're right Wildhoneyalways! Still if that broker has tickets for $95 I'll take 'em! Email me at u2kitten@yahoo.com!
All I want is tickets!!
icon40.gif

The broker I went through last time was reasonable. I'll keep you all posted if I find good GA's
~HOney

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Hey Girls,
I did some calling around. GA tickets for St Louis are about $150 (cheaper than the ones on the web) right now. However, they are expected to come down in price during the week...I'll keep you all posted.
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Ok. So as of now, who is actually going to the concert? If I decide to go (I probably will) I'll be going by myself, so it'd be nice to meet up with some of you gals at the concert.
smile.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
The broker I went through last time was reasonable. I'll keep you all posted if I find good GA's
~HOney

Please email me (addy in last post) and tell me who your broker is! I am desperate!

~HOney

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Please email me (addy in last post) and tell me who your broker is! I am desperate!

So am I. Could you please e-mail me (gbforgia@uchicago.edu) the name of your broker as well? Don't mean to flood you with requests, but $89 is quite a good price for a broker. Thank you.

Okay Girls,
I checked again with my guy this morning. GA's are still about 150. He is based out of chicago though. He suggested that maybe I should try someone out of MO. I'll keep looking into it. Also, Tickets Plus is a pretty decent ticket company. I'm going to give them a call later. I'll let you all know.

------------------
~Honey

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Okay Girls,
I checked again with my guy this morning. GA's are still about 150. He is based out of chicago though. He suggested that maybe I should try someone out of MO. I'll keep looking into it. Also, Tickets Plus is a pretty decent ticket company. I'm going to give them a call later. I'll let you all know.

At their website, Tickets Plus has GAs on sale for $150 plus shipping.

And WildHoneyAlways, thanks for looking so hard for us. You rule
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

Hi gals,

I'm going to the show in St. Louis. If any of y'all decide you'd like to buy a nice GC instead of trying for a GA, I have 3 of 'em.
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum25/HTML/000914.html

I will match current GA prices (less than face value for these tix!) and throw in free 2nd day Fedex. Email me zpoet@visto.com

Just a thought. Anyway, I'm not doing GA, but you sure as hell can find me waiting outside the arena for Bono (oh, and the other guys too) to arrive for soundcheck.
biggrin.gif

------------------
just as I am I awoke with a tear on my tongue

"Our Bono is indeed a mighty force. He walks into a room and all the air gets sucked right out. He is completely magnetic." -Shirley Manson

[This message has been edited by u2zed (edited 11-13-2001).]

Hallelujah Here She Comes:
I'm going to be in GA in St. Louis.
biggrin.gif
I am almost near positive I saw you walking around with your The Joshua Tree record in Chicago -- that was you, right?
smile.gif

BTW, I still haven't gotten a reply from anyone about Interference tags. I know I am probably asking a often-asked question (or maybe not..) but I saw a girl at Denver with one, so I'd really like to know how to get it, etc.
smile.gif

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

Hi!! It's me again!
I talked to a girl at tickets plus yesterday and she said that the closer the concert gets the lower the prices will go. They are currently $125...not too bad, less than GC tix. anyway...I really think I might go now. I'm a little nervous to go by myself though...Is anyone else for sure going?

------------------
~Honey

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

If any one still hasn't gotten tickets for the 28th ebay has 2 GA'a for $150, that's $75 a ticket. Since I think I have to go by myself, if anyone want the other ticket let me know b/c that is the cheapest I've seen them anywhere! You can reply here or email me! kitten_827@yahoo.com
Cool? cool.

------------------
~Honey

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

If any one still hasn't gotten tickets for the 28th ebay has 2 GA'a for $150, that's $75 a ticket. Since I think I have to go by myself, if anyone want the other ticket let me know b/c that is the cheapest I've seen them anywhere! You can reply here or email me! kitten_827@yahoo.com
Cool? cool.

I e-mailed you about this, but I thought I'd post here as well. I'm *TOTALLY* interested in buying the other ticket, if no one's taken you up on your offer yet. Let me know. Thanks!!!

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 11-14-2001).]

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Hallelujah Here She Comes:
I'm going to be in GA in St. Louis.
biggrin.gif
I am almost near positive I saw you walking around with your The Joshua Tree record in Chicago -- that was you, right?
smile.gif

Dude! That was totally me!!! Where were you in line? What do you look like? How did you know it was me??? As for the record, I tried to get it signed but they didn't come out and sign anything. Perhaps I'll have better luck in St. Louis. Can't wait to see you there!!
biggrin.gif

P.S. I'm also rather curious about the Interference tags...

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

I just replied to your e-mail.
Thank you soooo much!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

I thought I'd resurrect this thread to ask something: for all those who are going, how are you planning on getting to St. Louis? I'm thinking bus, since it seems like the cheapest, but I was curious what you gals were planning on doing.

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

Hey, what time were you guys planning on showing up? I may camp out the night before, as I so painfully did in Chicago (I still shiver when I think about it
wink.gif
), but people probably won't start showing up as early for this show as they did for the Chicago shows. What do you think?

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 11-15-2001).]

I think I am going to try to leave here by 8 or 9...ug.. that's early. No camping for me! I want to be showered and somewhat fresh for the day
biggrin.gif
I should be in St louis by 10 or 11 am...too late? I don't know...

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

I think I am going to try to leave here by 8 or 9...ug.. that's early. No camping for me! I want to be showered and somewhat fresh for the day
biggrin.gif
I should be in St louis by 10 or 11 am...too late? I don't know...

Yeah, I don't really want to camp out, but my choices are limited by the bus schedule. Basically, I can either get there the night before and camp out, or get there at, like, noon the next day, which I think is a bit late.

When you should get there really depends on how determined you are to get extremely close. 10 or 11am should be ok to get a good spot in the heart, but you probably won't be right at the front. Then again, your suffering in the GA line will be greatly reduced.

Decicions, decisions...*sigh*
wink.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."

-Adam, The Simpsons

Back
Top Bottom