Apparently U2 are awful people...who'd of thunk it!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw that for the first time a few weeks ago, I was going to write a strongly worded email to that group, but I’ve never got around to it.

Something shiny must have caught my eye……...
probably not worth my time, I’m sure they have heard from other fans on this issue.

Well...If Kirk supports him then I'm in! You can't go wrong when listening to Mike Seaver.

(i wish there was some sort of sarcastic font:wink: )

As best as I could transcribe the last piece of blather from surfer dude...
"Satan has used U2 to sow massive seeds of the hearts of those in the world and of Christians to get them to doubt God as holy and loving character. God's word warns severely of those who would blaspheme God stating 'Woe to him who quarrels with his maker'."

:shocked:

:lmao:

If I get really bored sometime I'll transcribe it for those of you with dial-up. But basically, he takes U2 lyrics out of context and says Satan is using them to promote the coming of the Antichrist. Or something like that. Whatever.

Can I sit next to Swingn2thaMusic on my trip to Hell????? :wink:

Of course you can sit next to me! we'll be like those bus buddies everyone had back in kindergarten...only we won't be going to school, we'll be going to hell (and enjoying every sinful U2 minute of it!)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I've seen that one before and I think I remember somewhere on this dude's website he stated that Kirk Camron (Mike Seaver) supported him :shrug:

Well that's a turnaround. I remember reading in some teen magazine many aeons ago that U2 was one of Kirk Cameron's favorite bands. Not that I ever read teeny magazine articles about Kirk Cameron... *innocent whistle* Really, I only bought them for the Kiefer Sutherland posters ;)

antigone_ks said:

Well that's a turnaround. I remember reading in some teen magazine many aeons ago that U2 was one of Kirk Cameron's favorite bands. Not that I ever read teeny magazine articles about Kirk Cameron... *innocent whistle* Really, I only bought them for the Kiefer Sutherland posters ;)

That's why I said I think...I don't remember about that anymore :shrug:

QUOTE:

Kirk Cameron-
"They Sold Their Souls for Rock and Roll' is jaw-dropping. If you love any of the artists featured on this box, you can't afford not to watch the videos!"

I took the time to watch this once. :| Not cool. I suppose to them the fact that Bono is in a rock band overrides the fact that he has said that he is a believer and makes him the antichrist anyway? :tsk:

Well, as Conan O'Brien would say...

*cues rhythmic clapping*

Imma gonna go to Hell when I die! *clap!* Imma gonna go to Hell when I die! *clap!*

Okay, here is the transcript so I can get credit for saving all your souls. Some places he just blathered so incoherently that I put as best as I could hear.

In the 1980’s, U2 were the most popular rock band in the world, and called the band of the decade. U2 was also given the mantle by Time Magazine as the conscience of rock, in an era when blatantly Satanic heavy metal bands ruled the musical landscape. Indeed, while many musicians were unabashedly embracing Satan as their lord in both lyrics and lifestyle, many of U2’s songs contained a splattering of biblical imagery. Much of U2’s biblical imagery though, was ambiguous at best, and served to draw many unwitting Christians into the demonic world of the music scene, who’dve otherwise escaped it, if it were not for the fact that Satan had thrown them a bone. My personal conviction since U2’s inception has been that their success has been part of Satan’s strategy to capture as many of those who would’ve otherwise been keen to more blatant forms of Satan’s devices in the cesspool of rock. Here we see Bono of U2 singing Helter Skelter, which became Charles Manson’s theme song for his murderous rampage. While singing HS we see Bono wielding an upside down cross which has a singular message in rock music. U2 make it clear as to just what God they are serving in songs like “God’s Country”, where they declare, “I stand with the sons of Cain.” (cuts to R&H segment) Cain was the wicked man who murdered an innocent brother, Abel. God’s word states emphatically that Cain was in league with Satan, warning that “Cain was of the evil one” God’s word warns against those who would, like U2, declare that they stand with the sons of Cain, declaring “Woe, or judgment, unto them, for they have gone the way of Cain, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.” [Jude 11a, 13b]

In the mid-1980’s, after U2 had already had a huge following, they made it quite clear as to whom they were truly following, as they began to repeatedly cover the Rolling Stones’ anthem of praise to Satan, “Sympathy for the Devil” [cut to R&H snippet of Bono singing “Sympathy for the Devil”]

Bono, U2’s lead singer, has repeatedly assumed the role of Lucifer in his music, in for example, ‘The Fly’ character, which was an allusion to Beelzebub, or The Lord of the Flies. Beelzebub is referred to in God’s word as the Prince of Demons. After employing the persona of Beelzebub, the prince of demons, Bono would then later employ the character of MacPhisto. During the ZOOTV tour, Bono revealed this new Satanic persona, the MacPhisto, as he proudly prounced [sic] around the stage with satanic horns upon his head. Bono stated that MacPhisto is an extension of his Fly persona. The concept of MacPhisto was taken from a German film by a similar name, which was actually inspired by the story of the ancient sorcerer Mephistopheles. The German film is a film about a rock star who sells his soul to Satan for fame and success. U2 took this even a step further in the song “EBTTRT” where they reveal The Fly to be Sgt Pepper, among other things. We have already noted, in our expose on The Beatles, that Sgt Pepper is a likely reference to Satan’s [garbled – something like Lester Crowley, but I’m not exactly sure] U2 did not at first reveal what they were really all about in the early 1980’s in an effort to draw millions of Christians into their web of deception. In an interview with Spin magazine, Bono admitted that he regrets that he was not able to identify his Satanic side earlier than the self-revelation as The Fly or MacPhisto. He stated, “One thing I might regret from early times was just showing that one side of me,” he says. “The egomaniac was always there, too. And some people have always seen me with horns.”

To be sure, Bono has revealed his true colors thru U2’s music as The Fly and MacPhisto. U2 fans who have a hard time reconciling Bono’s actions with their faith should be aware that Bono has long been about deception. He has stated, “It’s all a con – a way of putting people off from the fact that it is a heavy mother. It’s probably our most serious record yet, it’s the least serious title. It just fooled everyone. They thought we’d lightened up – which is totally untrue. We’re miserable bastards.” Bono declared, “I lie all the time. I only always tell the truth in my songs.” Bono claims to be infamous by Oscar Wilde [???not sure if this is exactly what surfer dude is saying but it’s as close as I can get] when unveiling the Satanic source of MacPhisto, and in particular, Wilde’s declaration, “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.” Ironically, then, we see that Bono, in the dawning of a mask depicting Satan, U2 has unmasked their ‘good boy’ image and revealed the Satanic power behind their music, as they draw as many as possible into the coming kingdom of Antichrist.

Bono, who has sung about wearing a cross around his neck, and the next best [again, this is the best I can transcribe surfer dude’s voice], stating quote, “I still haven’t found what I’m looking for” [footage of Bono singing ISHFWILF during PopMart era]. What is it but a denial of Jesus Christ, where in one breath, Bono sings about wearing a cross around his neck, and then in the next breath, sings, “I still haven’t found what I’m looking for.” For those who do not understand what Bono really meant with the aforementioned quote, I will allow him to explain it. Quote, he stated, “We’re very clear, and it’s very clear in our music that we don’t have any answers…’I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For’…How much more clear can you make it?” end quote.

When asked in an interview, “Do you still believe that Jesus is the way?” Bono stated, “I don’t accept that. I don’t accept that fundamentalist concept. I believe… what is it…’the way is as narrow as the eye of the needle,’ and all that. But I think that’s just to keep the fundamentalists out…” However, Jesus made it as clear as possible. Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and that life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” Jesus also declared, “I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. I am the gate, whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and out, and find pasture.” Incredibly, much of U2’s music is actually more blasphemous of God than that of Marilyn Manson’s. In the song “Love Rescues [sic] Me,” like Pink Floyd, they twist the 23rd psalm, stating, “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow, yet I will fear no evil. I have cursed they rod and staff, they no longer comfort me.”

In their song, “When I Look At The World” they sing, “When I look at the world, I’m in the waiting room. Can’t see for the smoke. I think of you and your holy book, while the rest of us choke.”

In their song, “Peace on Earth” they sing, “Jesus sing a song you wrote, The words are sticking in my throat, Peace on earth, Hear it every Christmastime, But hope and history won’t rhyme, So what’s it worth this peace on earth”

In their song “If God Will Send His Angels” they state, “God has got his phone off the hook, babe, would he even pick it [sic] up if he could? …so where is the hope, where is the faith…and the love?” [Note: the lyrics presented on the screen are correct; surfer dude adds that ‘it’ when he reads it to us]

In their song, “Wake Up Dead Man,” U2 speak of Jesus, as though he were dead and needs to wake up, and they speak of him as being confused with his hands tied and not able to help. They state “Jesus were you just around the corner? Did you not [sic] think to try to warn her? Or are you working on something new?” [again, the lyrics on the screen are correct, surfer dude just added the ‘not’ in his voice over]

Satan has used U2 to sow massive seeds in the hearts of those in the world and of Christians to get them to doubt God as holy and loving character. God’s word warns severely of those who would blasphemy of God, stating “Woe, or judgment, to him who quarrels with his maker.” And the scriptures state that it’s the wicked who’s “heart rages against the Lord.” Jesus Christ is far from a dead man that needs to wake up. In fact, Jesus was put to death on the cross for the sins of the world and rose triumphantly on the 3rd day and he ascended to the Father, and will return again to destroy the kingdom of Antichrist and deliver those who put their faith in Him.

The last part they have footage of ZooTV and the words that come at you at a mile a minute, and of course pause and focus on ‘666’ and have Bono on guitar right behind that image. Lovely.
347357238%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323383%3B%3B62556nu0mrj

Munchies, kafrun??? Nothing better than trail mix on the road to Hell!!!!!! :macdevil: Mmmm, trail mix :drool:

geegeelovesadam said:

*cues rhythmic clapping*

Imma gonna go to Hell when I die! *clap!* Imma gonna go to Hell when I die! *clap!*

:lol: love it!

antigone_ks said:

I got them for the Scott Valentine posters. :wink:
347357276%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323383%3B%3B66465nu0mrj

Malloooooory!!!!!!!!!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Okay, here is the transcript so I can get credit for saving all your souls. Some places he just blathered so incoherently that I put as best as I could hear.

The last part they have footage of ZooTV and the words that come at you at a mile a minute, and of course pause and focus on ‘666’ and have Bono on guitar right behind that image. Lovely.
347357238%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D323383%3B%3B62556nu0mrj

Munchies, kafrun??? Nothing better than trail mix on the road to Hell!!!!!! :macdevil: Mmmm, trail mix :drool:

Damn, I really hope who ever wrote that doesn't/didn't procreate.

Also, on this busride to Hell, can we have sing-alongs :hyper: pretty please? We can have fantastic satanic anthems like "Mofo" and "Even Better Than The Real Thing"! *packs tanktops and shorts for the nice, hot weather*

geegeelovesadam said:

*cues rhythmic clapping*

Yes YES! lolz.. :heart: Conan

Since we are planning our “bus trip” together, I need to know
Is someone going to bring Dr. Pepper or, do I need to plan on bringing it?

Ah, I love that video.
The seriousness, the surfer accent, the out of context quotes... mmm.
Goooood stuff.

Surfer Dude :heart: :cute:

:shifty: Duuuuude - why are all we U2 fans in this handbasket & where are we going? :confused:

:eyebrow:

:lmao:

Really - some people take themselves waaaaaaaaay too seriously. :|

Last edited:
pattip2000 said:
Since we are planning our “bus trip” together, I need to know
Is someone going to bring Dr. Pepper or, do I need to plan on bringing it?

I've got a ton!!!!! :hyper: (I'm an addict...must have at least 1 can a day...)

YAAAAAAAY now we PLEBAns can join the boys in hell! Par-tay! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom