Apparently I am lucky to be alive....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DML

War Child
Yep. 12 hours ago, my brother and I were driving back to get a taco and some ice cream for my ma and well...some lady took it upon herself to NOT stop at a stop sign and drive onto a busy highway. Guess who hit her? Yep, my brother and I. Air bags smell reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. My brother's car is totaled and the tow truck man said to my brother that we are extremly lucky. Apart from the terrible pain I am in at the moment, I got out without a scratch on my body, and my brother only got some minor burns from the air bags. We don't know about the nice (hence sarcastic) lady who decided not to stop, she was takin to the hospital. Funny thing: I had some tacos from Taco Bell on my lap and a cup of ice cream in my hand for my mother....the tacos slid to the floor......and no one knows where the ice cream went. And my glasses didnt go foward...they flew to the back of the car. We didn't realize they were missing until my parents came, and amazingly, my glasses didn't break either. So all in all...the creator of the seatbelt is my new hero, cause without that person, I would prolly be laid up in some hospital some where. Although I wish the airbag people would make a less smelly airbag because STILL at this moment that is all I can smell. :huh:

Whew, that was scary! I was in a wreck a couple weeks ago, some guy plowed right into the side of my car and it got totalled:( I'm glad you and your brother are okay! :)

OMG, how sucky for both of you! Had myself a deer crash a few weeks ago, finally getting our car back from the body shop this weekend.....

So glad you both are ok :hug:

Glad to hear that you are okay. :hug:
What a shitty thing to happen.

It really makes me angry when people drive in a way that can put other people's lives in danger. Stopping would have made her behind by like 5 seconds. Is where she was going more important then another person's life? Grrrr!

OMG......I'm really glad you're alright.

Always wear seatbelts, I almost broke my nose 2 yrs ago in a crash with a drunk driver, 'cause the seatbelt bothered me.

:hug:

And so the plot thickens with this accident. Today we gots a phone call from Officer Man (yeah we dont know his name...) and he wanted to know what I saw because apparently now there is a witness that wrote a letter of some sort saying that we swerved and hit her while she was at the stop sign. Now this can't be true for some reasons (haha I am like the dective here)

A: The placement of the cars after the accident throws this whole thing out. We were still on the road after the accident. If we swerved off the road, why would be be still on the road? :eyebrow:

B: If it so happens that we swerved then she still would have to not be where she was supposed to have stopped, she would have to be in the road, because again with the placement of the cars after the accident.

C: Yesterday when she called our house to give the insurance information to my brother she said she doesnt remember what happened and that if she did stop, it was in the middle of the road. Now this is where she made the mistake. She shouldn't have told us this, because THAT is her saying, 'yeah I didnt stop.'

D: If you are witness to an accident, more then likely wouldnt you be there to talk to the cops? You wouldnt write a letter.

This whole thing is gonna be a big scandel. But in other news we did go to the hospital yesterday and I have lots of bruised bones and my brother has a strained jaw. So they gave me pain killers and muscle relaxers...whoo hoo!

So I will keep all of youse guys updated on the Great Accident Scandel....haha.

Yay for good drugs :up:

That does seem kind of weird with someone writng a letter to the police department.....:eyebrow:

It may not mean much what she admitted to you - she could very easily change her tune if/when she gets a lawyer, and then it's just heresay (sp?) - "But she told me....."

But yeah, definitely tell us what happens - feel better :hug:

Wow-Dana so glad u are ok, nd your Bro! i too, was in an accident-but wasn't wearing my seat belt and hit the windshield! Ouch! My Mom was driving and forgot to take her medication for HBP, and had a stroke. She thought she was on the break-but was on the gas pedel! laffin' @ jam, 'stupid fl people'-I am in Fl, 2-Jax! Real Stupid!! ha-lol! kit-if U were totalled-who's typing? a Ghost? laffin' @ kit, but glad U are ok!!

Whoo hoo some good news! The cop talked to the 'witness' and the witness told the cop that the lady who hit us told her that she ran the stop sign and she was at fault. So apparently this witness was made to lie to the cop by the lady and the witness began to feel guilty about lying. Nice. She should get in even MORE trouble for MAKING up a witness. If I were the cop I would bust her on that too. :mad: Of course, we won't know who got the ticket until my brother gets the police report, but it seems like she is the guilty party. I hope she has to pay BIG time... :censored:

I could have sworn I posted my daily update of what happened with the accident today...but apparently, I didn't :shifty: My brother got the accident report thingy back yesterday and she did get the ticket!!!! :applaud: So that's good news anyway. The lady had the nerve to call here again this morning, as I innocently slept away. She is lucky I was sleepin or I would have given her a piece of my mind. I am finally gonna try to go back to school tomorrow. Wish me luck on driving. I am a mess when I get in a car...all nervous and such. It seems now that every person is running a stop sign when I am a passenger in a car. Twice when I was in the car people ran stop signs and nearly caused another accident. Or maybe its just cause my awareness is up. Who knows. My shoulder is still really hurting though :(

Back
Top Bottom