Anyone named their kids after U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtal

War Child
I like the names Sian Skyy and Jordan Alize for girls and I really like Jaden Bono Elijah for a boy. Anyone else have named (or planned to) their kids after U2 members or their wives or their kids?

Well, I kind of did. I missed the Popmart concert because I was just about to give birth, and I called my daughter Niamh, an Irish name. We do have Irish heritage, so I tell people that was the reason, but it wasn't really! lol

I know someone that named their child Jordan. They got the idea from Bono's daughter. I also really like the name Sian. I wonder where they found that name??

xtal said:
It's Welsh for Jane. The Edge is supposedly Welsh.

Oh yeah! I do remember that now. Damn, the mind is the first thing to go.... Yeah, his parent's are from there.

If I have two sons, I would consider Bono for a middle name of the second boy. Partially to piss of my family :D and partially as homage to a man who truly practices what he preaches. :heart: :bono: :heart:

But my first born son is going to be Gabriel James (the James is after my father.) I don't really want two boys, but if it happens, it happens.

It'd be kinda bad to name your son Bono as the first name. Think of how kids would treat him at school. Think of what he has to live up to for the rest of his life!

I do like Bono as a middle name though. I like the names Ali, Morleigh, and Aislinn.

I named my little brother Tyler Jordan after Jordan.

If I have a son I really wanna name him Elijah. But not necessarily because of Eli, I've just always loved the name.

The majority of men in my family have had a variation of Elijah in thier name somehow...I've grown to love the name. I like the nickname Eli the best. If I ever have children and have a boy...I"m sure I'll have that in there somehow--because of my family, not Bono's.

My favorite Biblical name for a boy though would have to be Seth. I love that name!

I have a cat I named Bono :yes: :cute:

I have a friend who said she met a lady in a GA line who had a 2 year old boy named David Evans ------ after Edge!

my master plan is to name my first son paul adam david larry and then my second son "jack daniel"
a homage to my 2 favourite things in life
ha ha
:lol:

digsy said:
my master plan is to name my first son paul adam david larry and then my second son "jack daniel"
a homage to my 2 favourite things in life
ha ha
:lol:

starsgoblue said:
Hmmm so my first kid would be named Elijah Bono and my second would be named Corona With Lime?! :hmm:

Dutch Partygirl said:
Mmm...mine would be named vodka then. Not sure if that's such a good idea!

Oh these poor second children! :no: :uhoh: It's like your condemning them to a life of alcoholism....and teasing! LMAO

Mine are Jordan Alize, and I know that Alize is alcoholic drink but it's also French for tradewind over the beach. And Sian Skyy, also like the vodka, BUT Sian is like Cyan, meaning blue, so her name would mean Blue Sky.
I do not like Alize nor Skyy vodka, I just like how it looks.
If I had to name my child after my drink, it'd probably be Corona with Lime. :wink:

U2Kitten said:
I have a cat I named Bono :yes: :cute:
I want to get four fish and name them after the band members. But I'm afraid I'll be traumatized when they die. ;)

"I had to flush Bono down the toliet today."

madonna's child said:

I want to get four fish and name them after the band members. But I'm afraid I'll be traumatized when they die. ;)

"I had to flush Bono down the toliet today."

:lmao:

Ashley said:

Oh these poor second children! :no: :uhoh: It's like your condemning them to a life of alcoholism....and teasing! LMAO

hows about "Jim Beam" then or perhaps "Johnny walker"
my surnames gordon and yep, its part of the gordon gin clan! sadly far too distantly related for me to be getting royalties, but i do drin kthe stuff

so 4 boys then - paul, larry, adam and "edge"? it would have to be david really, woudlnt it

Aw, c'mon you gals, I was hoping someone would 'fess up to having 3 kids named "Trash", "Trampoline" & "Party Girl" .... I'd send champagne for that, LOL!

Cheers ~Ultra (giggling about the fish too!)

*IF* I have a boy I'll name him Joshua and if I have another he'll be called Paul David :wink:

Would they allow you to name a kid Bono?

Uh, I actually came across a 14 year old boy with the name of Joshua Tree, I asked the mother where the name came from, she said she was Mormon, it wasn't from U2, but she said that was a good idea too. She liked the album as well!

You can name your kid whatever the hell you please- except for numbers and something of profanity. Someone here had the name "Is Anybody Home Scarborough".

Serious.

Back
Top Bottom