Anyone meet Larry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hluvslmj

The Fly
I keep hearing that Larry never signs autographs and calmly waltzes past fans. Is this true? Has anyone met him and what was he like?
Of course, it's his prerogative - if he doesn't want to meet fans that's his business :(

I did read this on another post:

We were lucky enough to meet Larry on his own and then Bono,Adam and Edge all came over at the same time!!!!

The full story is in General Discussions on

www.u2chat.com

Here are a few pics where he signs autographs:

normal_Toronto_larry2.jpg

3424378723232fp63ot23375847XROQDF2323647955966ot1lsi.jpg

alicesflag.jpg

I've never met him, so I don't know how he really is. :(

I met him on the last tour outside their hotel, and got his autograph. Maybe it was his turn to sign, he was the only one who did that day.

He seemed nice and friendly towards everyone, I think people were being careful not to freak him out or tick him off :wink:

He was so close to me, it was nice :drool:

It was our meeting with the band that you read on u2chat.

Larry was great really funny very dry sense of humour he signed all our stuff we had and posed for pics with all of us!

We have now forgiven him for ignoring us at HQ on too many times to count!! :wink:

My mum met Larry during the JT tour. When the tickets for a London gig went on sale and fans were queing to buy them, the whole band decided to go off without security and stroll through the crowd, though in a way so not to be noticed.. dressed down and just chatting to random people.

Anyway my mum wasn't there, but at another ticket sale soon after she went down in the hope of a repeat. However this time they turned up in a more grand style, with security and a little speech (or something to that effect. Basically it was just an official public appearance whereas the previous was very much unofficial).

My mum is a Bono nut but when the band met the crowd for autograph signings, she couldn't get to Bono. However Larry noticed her, and decided to sign her an autograph and gave her a kiss. It is her best U2 memory, so I'm told.

So no, Larry is not that nice a guy when it comes to meeting his fans.

Here's some more photographic evidence of Larry signing autographs:

4718284_ad88b0df0a_o.jpg

(That's me being his designated human table to sign *everyone's* autograph on -- long story.)

larry_autograph_2001.jpg

(That's the one he signed for me.)

4718281_c51fede8e5_o.jpg

(And that's him posing with me after being his slave. :wink:)

MrsSpringsteen said:
I met him on the last tour outside their hotel, and got his autograph. Maybe it was his turn to sign, he was the only one who did that day.

He seemed nice and friendly towards everyone, I think people were being careful not to freak him out or tick him off :wink:

He was so close to me, it was nice :drool:

He has no problem with fans on TOUR, he just doesn't like being 'stalked' on his private time, even at the studio. He's always very nice on tour. He just wants his privacy when not on tour.

Bono seems to attention from everybody, everywhere, all the time.

dream chaser said:

4718284_ad88b0df0a_o.jpg

(That's me being his designated human table to sign *everyone's* autograph on -- long story.)

larry_autograph_2001.jpg

4718281_c51fede8e5_o.jpg

Hi Mel :wave: Your pics and stories are always a treat! :happy:

U2Kitten said:

He has no problem with fans on TOUR, he just doesn't like being 'stalked' on his private time, even at the studio. He's always very nice on tour. He just wants his privacy when not on tour.

Bono seems to attention from everybody, everywhere, all the time.

Yeah, that seems to be the way he is. He signed for people waiting outside the United Center during Elevation. Here's a pic:

LARRYCH1.jpg

And he signed my ATYCLB outside of Irving Plaza after the rehearsal the night before their show (they all did!):

ATYCLBAutographed.jpg

Also took a photo with him, but I'm still looking for the gal who took it so I can get a copy! :sad:

dream chaser said:

4718284_ad88b0df0a_o.jpg

larry_autograph_2001.jpg

4718281_c51fede8e5_o.jpg

Wow Dream Chaser, where did you get that setlist? Way to go!! Thank you for sharing. Larry is such a sweetie!

u2valleygirl said:

Wow Dream Chaser, where did you get that setlist? Way to go!! Thank you for sharing. Larry is such a sweetie!

Thanks! :hug:

Fortunately, I was one of the few real fans in the heart on the infamous Boston DVD night & I was standing towards the front on Edge's side. I chatted up one of the event staff & after the show he gave me the set list because he said he had no need for it & thought I might like it as a souvenir. I was like, um, hello! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom