Anyone here ever have mammogram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm (about) Bono's age, so, yeah, I've had a mammogram. It's really no big deal. They just get the images of your breasts, and it doesn't really hurt. Mine went without incident, and I was nervous because breast cancer runs in my family. I don't blame you for being nervous, I only recently had my first one and I was very nervous after my aunt got diagnosed with breast cancer recently. She's fine BTW.

I haven't. I'm only 28 but I've heard of women in their 20's getting cancer so I might ask my dr next time I go.

My mom goes 2 times a year because she' weird like that. But I guess it's better to be safe then sorry.

Good luck! :hug:

I had one when I was 29...I had a huge lump in my left armpit so to be safe, I had a mammogram. It wasn't comfortable by any means but it wasn't painful either. It picked up 2 smaller lumps deep in my left breast but because I'm er, well endowed, my breast tissue is really dense and they couldn't do a needle biopsy. I had to have a surgical biopsy to remove the 2 lumps plus the one under my arm. All 3 turned out to be non cancerous fatty tumors, which run in my family.

Its better to be safe than sorry tiny dancer...I was scared too but everything turned out to be fine

:hug:

Bono's American Wife said:
I had one when I was 29...I had a huge lump in my left armpit so to be safe, I had a mammogram. It wasn't comfortable by any means but it wasn't painful either. It picked up 2 smaller lumps deep in my left breast but because I'm er, well endowed, my breast tissue is really dense and they couldn't do a needle biopsy. I had to have a surgical biopsy to remove the 2 lumps plus the one under my arm. All 3 turned out to be non cancerous fatty tumors, which run in my family.

Its better to be safe than sorry tiny dancer...I was scared too but everything turned out to be fine

:hug:

Thanks for you concern BAW. I am trying not to be too worried about it.

when I did an internship in the hospital I saw a doctor do the seacrh for babies in the womb....it's impossible to see the baby

*what the hell amI doing? I should get out of here*

I have one every two years because I'm old and I'm on estrogen. They aren't the most fun you'll ever have with no bra on, but they aren't horrible. They don't hurt, but there is a bit of discomfort.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Many doctors prescribe them for women who are (ahem) mature because that's the age group most likely to develop breast cancer. It's most likely just a screening mammogram. Those are less squishy.

I've never had one (age and I've never found anything in my self-exams, knock on wood) but its very important to get one every 1 to 2 years.

Early detection is -key-. As my dad says, better safe than pine tree.

*...has yet to figure that one out*

Good luck, BTW. :)

Try to time it around - not, that time of the month. The more tenderness there is the more it could be uncomfortable. Otherwise no biggie. Have had two lumps removed, no cancer no worries. It was more emotionaly painful worring about it.:happy: :hug:

Last edited:
martha said:
I have one every two years because I'm old and I'm on estrogen. They aren't the most fun you'll ever have with no bra on, but they aren't horrible. They don't hurt, but there is a bit of discomfort.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Many doctors prescribe them for women who are (ahem) mature because that's the age group most likely to develop breast cancer. It's most likely just a screening mammogram. Those are less squishy.

My doctor put me on estrogen also and said I am going through early menopause :shocked: The kind of estrogen I am on will still give me periods. :madspit:

Mammograms are no big deal, just remember that to do it properly, it has to hurt! But only briefly, then you'll have it read and all will be well. Positive thinking, my Dear!

~najeena~

martha said:

That sucks. I had it all yanked out, I mean removed, several years ago.

Martha, I should have listened to you and gotten rid of it all...the ovaries woke up recently and I've been having unbelievable PMS.

:crazy: :yell: :macdevil: :rant: :sad:

Basstrap said:
when I did an internship in the hospital I saw a doctor do the seacrh for babies in the womb....it's impossible to see the baby
no it's not. i had to get an ultrasound a couple weeks ago (not because i'm pregnant though, or because i was) and believe me, everything is clear as day. my husband was tilting his head and saying how the internal organs look just like the diagrams you see in science and health class.

i was in too much pain to be doing anything but yelping.

Almost did

I almost did.............:( :( i always noticed that i had a lump in my breast but never paid attention to it cause i thought it was a seed.........i mean come on .........being 16 i didnt really know anything about seeds......amyways one day my niece ,sister and my sis friend and i were talking and the topic came up ......suddenly my niece was like u guys should feel's aunty's seed it's big and huge..........so my sis {which is a nurse} felt it and she looked at me and was like ..........chantelle this isnt a seed.........this feels like a lump.Anways she was really scared ,she couldnt even sleep that nite.She took me to the hospital where she worked and let one of the doc's exam it.He felt it and asked me questions like does it hurt ,does it itch.......and so forth.After he had examed it......by feeling it he said that he just feels like fibrotic tissue...........by that time i was getting really scared........he sent me to a sec doc who said that he would do a mammogram..........which luckily i didnt cause when he examed it he also said that it felt like a fibrotic tissue.I had to do surgery to take it out.......if i didnt and it would have turned into cancer in my 40's.They sent it to the lab for testing to and a couple days after when i got the results back it just turned out to be non-migiglant non -cancerous.Thank god!!!!!U had no idea how i felt.........to me if it wasnt for my niece i would still have that lump in me and it could have turned serious............

Glad it turned out ok Eve :hug:

My big fear isn't breast cancer, I think I'm doomed to die of ass cancer if I live long enough :( It's on both sides of my family, and I'm not a veggie person at all so I know I don't get as much fiber as I should which puts me at an even higher risk :uhoh:

see, everyone in my family gets lung cancer... cos they're all smokers
which I am not
so I think I'm safe there.

schizophrenia runs on my momma's side though... :shifty:

WHY did I feel the need to bump this?
maybe cos I don't feel good :barf:

Last edited:
I had my first one last year. The came back in and did a second one, on one breast. "oh nothing to worry about blah, blah, blah".
I knew something wasn't right cause they only did part of the left one. A week later I get a letter in the mail to come in NEXT WEEK for a ultrasound ( the longest week in my life). Scared me to death. I didn't tell anybody but my husband and waited about three days to tell him.
Luckily it is just a fluid filled cyst, that don't turn in cancer. I'm paranoid now anyway.
I'm sure everything will be A-OK for you tiny.

The doctor called me yesterday and give me the results of my mammogram. Everything turned out ok since I am on hormones.
He told me that I would have to get one every year because of them. I am going through early menopause, and I always thought that you had to be near 50 to start. But he told me some women go through it in their 30's or early 40's, so that includes me.

:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom