Anyone have "God's Favorite Songs?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
Its one of those unofficial compilations. I'm sure many of you probably have it, I do too, but what I need is the names of the songs/or who theyre sung with/by. I got a copy of a copy from a friend with no listing, and I'd really like to know the info!! Any help??? Or somewhere I may be able to find out?

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

I don't have that one but I have "Jesus was a cool guy" Sorry
smile.gif

Ok. As *tumbleweeds* roll across my thread, Maybe I should just feel lucky to be one of the few to own this one.. Guess I didn't realize it was this rare! Thanks anyways, guys!!

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

Originally posted by Ali Rose:
Ok. As *tumbleweeds* roll across my thread, Maybe I should just feel lucky to be one of the few to own this one.. Guess I didn't realize it was this rare! Thanks anyways, guys!!

Sorry Ali, I never heard of it before. Do any of the songs sound like any bands you know? Does your friend know, you might wanna ask.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

Ali Rose...
Try posting this question in Everything You Know Is Wrong. You might get more of a response.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Thanks I will post it there...And daisy, its got lots of stuff like bono re-doing "everlasting love", a duet with micheal Hutchence, Wycleff, lots of different stuff like that. Its not one of the typical remix ones...

I have one called Bono the Complete Solo Projects Volume 4 that has those songs...here are the tracks.

1. One Live at the Millenum Ball in DC 1999
2. New Day with Wyclef Jean
3. All I Want Is You with Edge in San Remo
4. The Ground Beneath Her Feet with Edge in San Remo
5. Sweet Jane with Lone Justice
6. Wild Irish Rose
7. Slide Away with Michael Hutchence
8. Mocean Worker with Air Suspension
9. She's A Mystery to Me with Edge from BBC Radio 1
10. Springhill Mining Disaster (U2 1987)
11. Just Ask (acoustic demo from 80's)
12. Never Let Me Go with MDH Band

maybe its the same CD just a different title?

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 03-16-2002).]

not the same, but some of it is! Slide away and the wycleff song are there...but not the others--thanks!! at least i have a couple of the names now!! its a start!

Originally posted by Ali Rose:
not the same, but some of it is! Slide away and the wycleff song are there...but not the others--thanks!! at least i have a couple of the names now!! its a start!

you're quite welcome
biggrin.gif

Hey...I posted this in EYKIW, but just in case, thought I'd leave it here too:Alright...here's what he sent me:

1. Everlasting Love (taken from the soundtrack "Forces of Nature")
2. She's A Mystery to Me (from the Roy Orbison album "Mystery Girl"..written by Bono)
3. Summer Rain (BD single)
4. Be There (unreleased demo from 1982 (?) )
5. Slide Away (with Hutch)
6. Bottoms (from Passengers) (Zoo Station Remix)
7. Testimony (Robbie Robertson track featuring Bono)
8. Sweet Fire of Love (Robbie Robertson track co-written by and featuring Bono)
9. Viva Davidoff (Passengers)
10. Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk (from the soundtrack to "Johnny Mnemonic")
11. Always (BD single)
12. New Day (w/Wyclef)
13. Paint it Black (Rolling Stones cover)
14. Dreaming with Tears in My Eyes (Jimmy Rodgers cover from "The Songs of Jimmy Rodgers")
15. Jesus Christ (from the Folkways album "A Vision Shared")
16. Womanfish (live-unreleased track)
17. Conversation on a Barstool (from "Short Cuts" soundtrack; written by Bono and Edge for Marianne (couldn't read?) Faithful, but never released by her)

I hope this is what you have....I've seen God's Favorite Sons several times, but have never looked at the track listing, so I'm hoping this is the same as yours (there are two different shows both labelled "Rock's Hottest Ticket" for example)

smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Back
Top Bottom