Anyone else have a U2-ey day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by elizabeth:
correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought they got their name from an Irish Unemployment form, the U2 form.

i've heard a lot of different tales, though....so!!!

According to The Unforgettable Fire book, the name U2 was suggested to Adam by a guy named Steve Averill, one of the people Adam called for advice/to make contacts in the early days of the band. Adam liked it because it had a lot of associations that went along with it: the spy plane, the U2 submarine, the puns (you too, you two). Of course, The Unforgettable Fire isn't the world's most reliable source (neither is my foreign policy teacher, for that matter). So this could be complete crap, for all I know. I just thought it was funny that my stuffy ol' professor decided to mention a rock band in the middle of a long, boring lecture.

it never ends! Was at church tonight, and get this, they're having a Sunday school class that discusses POP culture (LOTR, Harry Potter, the Matrix....and U2!!!!! It's enough to make a girl go to church twice in a weekend....

oh, and went to a local--and VERY U2 friendly--restaurant with a friend afterward...I swear every other song over the speakers was U2! Yay!

Okay...I had a very nice U2 surprise today...well two actually...
biggrin.gif

My friends and I decided to go see Beauty and the Beast on Imax and before the show we were hanging around the Virgin Megastore around the corner from the theatre....well, all of a sudden my roommate comes practically running down the escalator and about kills herself...she grabs me and drags me back up the escalator where she just points...and I looked and Boston was on!!!!! I was so excited! We just stood there watching for two songs..and then they turned it off...I was upset, but glad for the fix I was able to get...

But the most exciting part of my evening was that I recieved a wonderful present from dear sula in the mail today! She made me a six hour U2 marathon...I'm so glad Monday we don't have classes...let's see 24 hours divided by 6 hours means I can watch it four times in one day!!!! Woohoo! Love you sula and can't thank you enough!
biggrin.gif

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
According to The Unforgettable Fire book, the name U2 was suggested to Adam by a guy named Steve Averill, one of the people Adam called for advice/to make contacts in the early days of the band. Adam liked it because it had a lot of associations that went along with it: the spy plane, the U2 submarine, the puns (you too, you two). Of course, The Unforgettable Fire isn't the world's most reliable source (neither is my foreign policy teacher, for that matter). So this could be complete crap, for all I know. I just thought it was funny that my stuffy ol' professor decided to mention a rock band in the middle of a long, boring lecture.

yeah, that really was the whole point of the post and there i go pickin' on tiny details. it would certainly improve any lecture to hear U2 mentioned in whatever way, shape or form!!

i was with my hubbie at the music store yesterday and for the first time noticed this HUGE blown up photo of POP Bono singing his heart out. I almost swooned right then and there!

so after i recovered, we headed over the sheet music section, and i was flipping through the sheet music books for ATYCLB and Best of....laughing at photos of Bono in those black and white checkered pants...and this dude fiddlin' around on a guitar starts playing the guitar intro to "Bad"!!! I almost dropped the books I was so startled!
and he was good at it, too. it sounded perfect. I wanted to run over and start singing....

"If you...twist and....turn away..."

i'm sure he would've LOVED that!

Some U2-ey moments while on vacation in Florida......

At Universal Studios, they have these huge banners of artists hanging from the streetlights, and they had on of U2 for ATYCLB! I saw it there in July, and it was still there when I went back in December..... and we were leaving the park the night in July, and the area before the entrance is filled w/ clubs and restaurants and all fun stuff, and there was a big screen outside showing PopMart from Mexico City! I wanted to stay and watch, but there was a 7 to 1 vote to leave the park...
frown.gif

And another time we were going out to dinner, and we passed by a restaurant in West Palm Beach (I think) called Bono's! It was one of those barbecue restaurants... I wanted to go in and get something, just to say I ate at Bono's, but sadly, we had other reservations....
frown.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 01-20-2002).]

Originally posted by wildhoney22:

And another time we were going out to dinner, and we passed by a restaurant in West Palm Beach (I think) called Bono's! It was one of those barbecue restaurants... I wanted to go in and get something, just to say I ate at Bono's,
Aaaww lol! That would've been cool
biggrin.gif
I wonder if they sell T shirts there...

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

Some U2-ey moments while on vacation in Florida......

At Universal Studios, they have these huge banners of artists hanging from the streetlights, and they had on of U2 for ATYCLB! I saw it there in July, and it was still there when I went back in December..... and we were leaving the park the night in July, and the area before the entrance is filled w/ clubs and restaurants and all fun stuff, and there was a big screen outside showing PopMart from Mexico City! I wanted to stay and watch, but there was a 7 to 1 vote to leave the park...
frown.gif

And another time we were going out to dinner, and we passed by a restaurant in West Palm Beach (I think) called Bono's! It was one of those barbecue restaurants... I wanted to go in and get something, just to say I ate at Bono's, but sadly, we had other reservations....
frown.gif

I better go to Universal Studios...tehe, and yeah, they have one of those Bono's places up in Gainsville, and I had a U2ey day, only cause I made it a U2ey day but still. My parents dragged me to Wal Mart (thrills and chills, I got lost as usual) anywho, we were checkin out and there is the O magazine, so I was reading it, and when I got done, I shoved it back in the magazine holder with Bono's picture facing out so the world could know how wonderful Bono is
biggrin.gif
I was spreading the gospel to the Wal Mart Shoppers...luckily no one slipped on my drool...

"Yeah, we need clean up in aisle three..." haha!

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Last night I went to this Irish Pub, and they had a live band there. Between sets though they played the first 8 songs of Actung Baby. My friend was in the bathroom and some girl was complaining about U2, so I was going to go kick her ass
biggrin.gif

Then today, I was in Burger King and they played EBTTRT!!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Last night I went to this Irish Pub, and they had a live band there. Between sets though they played the first 8 songs of Actung Baby. My friend was in the bathroom and some girl was complaining about U2, so I was going to go kick her ass
biggrin.gif

LMAO! You always have it your ay at Burger King....
biggrin.gif

I'm just dreading the day when U2 music becomes muzak.... in elevators and doctor's offices.....
frown.gif
I hope it never happens

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

[BI'm just dreading the day when U2 music becomes muzak.... in elevators and doctor's offices.....
frown.gif
I hope it never happens
[/B]

LMAO! The only reason I could ever wish for this to happen is because then there may be a chance that as I'm waiting on hold or in an elevator or something I MIGHT be able to hear U2...which would compel me to sing along and consequently make it a beautiful day!

Hehe...now everytime I am put on hold I'll be hoping to hear something from U2
smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

Lol hippy......

Just got back from my CCD class, and we read about John the Baptist and King Herod and his stepdaughter, Salome.... (now I got that song in my head!)

Shake it shake it shake it!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

LOL...Isn't it amazing how somehow everything relates to U2?
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
LOL...Isn't it amazing how somehow everything relates to U2?
biggrin.gif

Boy howdy! Have you guys seen the Burger King commerical with BB King? Gotta love BB, bless his soul.

One of the commercials is for BK's new Eggwich breakfast sandwich. I must have seen this commerical a dozen times yesterday whilst hubby & I were watching the Sci-Fi network. The funny thing (and only you guys will understand this) is that every time the announcer would extol the virtues of the Eggwich, I swear---my hand to Bono/Edge/Larry/Adam---that I heard "EDGEwich" instead. I was wiggin', y'all. Truly.

Hee!

Ta,
cg, in need of chocolate

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
!!!!!! OMD!!!!!! I would have gone CRAZY!

*makes hamburger open and close as if mouthing the words*

MY HAMBURGER just made some suggestive noises....

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Originally posted by WildHonee:
!!!!!! OMD!!!!!! I would have gone CRAZY!

*makes hamburger open and close as if mouthing the words*

MY HAMBURGER just made some suggestive noises....

BUWHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Psst...Mona...I do that too
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by WildHonee:
BUWHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

biggrin.gif

LMAO!!!!! Let's go do lunch together.

Can you imagine all of PLEBA in one place at the same time? GEEZ.

Hahahaha...all of us making our hamburgers talk in the Burger King....
biggrin.gif

it would be a PLEBA concert
wink.gif

------------------

Hahahaha...all of us making our hamburgers talk in the Burger King....
biggrin.gif

it would be a PLEBA concert
wink.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!! My burger just made a suggestive noise...

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

BUWHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

biggrin.gif

LMAO!!!!! Let's go do lunch together.

Can you imagine all of PLEBA in one place at the same time? GEEZ.

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Back
Top Bottom