Anybody wanna go to Dublin with me???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
I'm so excited I can hardly type!!! I have participated in several 5k walk runs over the past few years so I always get flyers when training starts for new ones and I can't believe what I just got
biggrin.gif

The 2002 Team Diabetes marathon is in DUBLIN this year!!!!!

"Monday, October 28, 2002
Internationally known as The Friendly Marathon, this historic road race shows that the proverbial Irish hosptitality is not limited to city city's pubs. It winds through historic Georgian streets and past 500 year old Trinity College, Phoenix Park and St. Steven's Green"

I just called my husband and he said "get some more information and see if any of your PLEBA girls want to go with you." I love him SOOOO much right now
biggrin.gif

I don't know how much it costs but I'll be getting some more info later. I'm not a runner, but it says its a walk/run so you don't have to train for a full marathon! OMD, I so fekkin excited. Anyone want to go with me???

The only catch is that October 28th is my anniversary and I would feel kind of bad being gone that day, but, I'll make it up to him!

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 03-19-2002).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
how much fun would this be. i don't run anymore, but if they were to put U2 at the end of the race, you better believe i will be running my ass off.

LMFAO!!! Can you imagine a stampede of PLEBA girls running through the streets of Dublin chasing U2?

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I do! You're so lucky, maybe when you reach St. Steven's green you'll find Bono and Edge's sheep grazing there LOL!

Now that's enough motivation to make me run.

LMAO@hubby making you invite us

Do find out more info, as of right I'm hoping the rumors of them playing Brasil hold true (it's something that's being organized by others, so I hope that it's unaffected by the recent cancellation) and that's around the same time, but I would love to join you.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
how much fun would this be. i don't run anymore, but if they were to put U2 at the end of the race, you better believe i will be running my ass off.

ah ah ah we ARE twins, I posted mine after yours but only because I got sidetracked while typing it I hadn't even read yours and we said the same thing. LMAO this is getting creepy

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

I did that marathon two years ago!
smile.gif
Team Diabetes always participates.

In fact, I was in Dublin for this race the weekend that ATYCLB came out. Good stuff.

I say, Go for it! Just make sure when they book the air travel to have them give you extra time after the race to explore.

Oh, one more thing. You might look into running/walking this race with Joints in Motion (Arthritis research) or Team In Training (leukemia). The latter had a HUGE contingent at the dublin marathon and thus a lot more moral and coaching support than Team D. And I think you have less money to raise in their program.
smile.gif

Originally posted by mbi16:
ah ah ah we ARE twins, I posted mine after yours but only because I got sidetracked while typing it I hadn't even read yours and we said the same thing. LMAO this is getting creepy

yeah, the psychic waves through PLEBA and the chat is really starting to creep me out.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 03-19-2002).]

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Oh, one more thing. You might look into running/walking this race with Joints in Motion (Arthritis research) or Team In Training (leukemia). The latter had a HUGE contingent at the dublin marathon and thus a lot more moral and coaching support than Team D. And I think you have less money to raise in their program.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info! I get flyers from Team In Training every year and I always sign up for the informational meeting but never follow through but I'll check that out. Thanks again!

I *might* be going this year. It wont be till at least August now and you never know, if it's much cheaper in Oct, I could always put it off. It would be fun to go with another PLEBAN. Arent you from So Cal as well??

Well, post when you find out more info on the marathon. I'm not a runner, but if I decide to go then, I would be up for a good walk, plus what a great way to see the city!

I want info!! I've been considering going into training for a run for a while now....this could be great motivation to start!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

That would be so cool! OMD I want to go. I've wanted to go to both Ireland and England forever. I don't think I could go then because of school.
frown.gif

Keep us updated though!

Back
Top Bottom