Anybody else scared of FYM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just curious.
I read it on a regular basis but have never posted, because of all the flaming and attacks that go on...
I thought of this now because I had a reply there all written up and didn't post it. I was going to make a short point but had a vision of everyone going off on me for some reason or another.
So, I'm wondering if I'm just a wuss or if anyone else feels the same.

Yeah, I go in there, but I NEVER POST.
I'm afraid..........they won't take me seriously,
it's not I like I have a gif of Bono falling off stage in my sig or anything:evil:
:hyper: :hyper:

But seriously, I dont' think I can hadle the abuse which WILL come, If I post.

I used to be afraid of it but then I got used to it. I mostly lurk, but sometimes I post. But it does get HEAVY in there sometimes.

Please don't NOT post because you are afraid of being flamed. Your opinion is your opinion and while not everyone will agree with you, you still have the right to state it.

Kristie said:
I thought of this now because I had a reply there all written up and didn't post it. I was going to make a short point but had a vision of everyone going off on me for some reason or another.

I've posted there a few times, but like you, more often I will write up a reply and then not post it. Gauging the tenor of the posts in that forum, more people should do the same.

Even with the flaming or attacks, I find that the replies to my posts help me sharpen my thinking on a subject.

I don't post in FYM much. However, if I do...and if any of you want to...just try to be as civil and respectful as possible. I've gone by those guidelines, and I've yet to be flamed.

Please don't be afraid to post there. You have every right to state your opinion, which is as valid as anyone else's. I've been lightly flamed there and at first, it really bothered me but I kept going back and now I really don't care if someone disagrees with me. If you have something say, by all means say it!

If you are polite and respectful, you should have no problem. :)

That place needs more ppl to post in it regularly, don't be scared :wave:

(*BOOMCHAA!* that gif just made me burst out laughing in the computer lab, now everyone thinks I'm :coocoo:! That is just too funny)

never post in there. actually never in there. doesn't sound like a place that i want to be. too many touchy topics for my liking. i much prefer PLEBA. :yes: :D

I used to be but it's not so bad once you just do it- like jumping into a pool, at first the water is cool but then your body temp adjusts.

Like BAW said, don't be afraid to state your opinion, and like nbcrusader said, posting your ideas (even if you later change them!) gives you feedback & expands your mind on topics.

Scared wouldnt be the word for me.. more like dislike. I actually hate that forum. If I could I'd delete it. :silent:

Just about every thread turns into an argument and I get absolutely no respect in there.

FYM would work better if we were all round a big table discussing it face-to-face, then no-one would get the wrong idea from one other's opinion on something....

words typed have to be carefully put....otherwise someone blows a fuse gettin the wrong end of stick and its all hell loose with no-one then wanting to listen to apologies or corrections.......then it becomes fuked up and a closed thread, sometimes

sometimes I am scared to post there, but Im a bit braver now as on most occassions I genuingly want to know what others tink!

so I do it.......and I dont care if I get one reply or 25,000!

I dont even care if I get no reply

I just lay down in there and wait for pple to walk, run, sprawl or lie on me.

see?

:)

Last edited:
I've posted there a couple of times, but I stopped going there because it's tiresome. It's always the same arguments. There's something about discussing politics or religion that brings out the absolute worst in people.

Every time I post there, somebody attacks and insults me. So I've stopped going there.

found this on:View Today's Active Threads

Young Pleba ladies,

I encourage you to post in FYM.
It has calmed down a lot.

It really bothers me when people are intolerant.
It seems like it is always the same couple of members who do it.

I appreciate the perspective you younger members offer.

Emily,

I remember when someone was rude to you.
I thought you made an excellent post.
I should have spoken up for you.
If it happens again I will, for sure.

So give it a try. If the meanies pick on any of you, Old deep will speak up.
I believe you plebans make a wonderful contribution here.

Sincerely,
Deep.

I'm not scared of FYM. I just don't like it.

I'd rather post in here.
People seem to just keep rehashing the same arguments over and over and over again to the point where they seem to almost become 'inside jokes'.

Its like trying to hop into a Seinfeld episode halfway through. Its very confusing and after about two seconds you just want to turn it off.

Sometimes I feel that way about Its Official, too. I'm always confused about it when I lurk. So, I don't post.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm a big fat lurker except in PLEBA and ETYKIW.

But I'm not THAT young, deep!
Don't assume that all PLEBA girls are 14!

25 seems young to me, a lot of young people have better ideas than us old folks

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I'm not scared of FYM. I just don't like it.

But I'm not THAT young, deep!
Don't assume that all PLEBA girls are 14!

I know you have all ages and genders in this fourm.

It bothers me when people are intolerant of others.

Esspecially towards younger people.

Re: 25 seems young to me, a lot of young people have better ideas than us old folks

deep said:

I know you have all ages and genders in this fourm.

It bothers me when people are intolerant of others.

Esspecially towards younger people.

I see.
:confused:

I lurk in FYM a lot. There are some great discussions, for sure.

Definitely. I hate getting flamed with a passion. And it seems like no matter what you say there you end up getting flamed. I've posted in there but not recently. No offense to the people who do post there.

Sicy said:
Scared wouldnt be the word for me.. more like dislike. I actually hate that forum. If I could I'd delete it. :silent:

Just about every thread turns into an argument and I get absolutely no respect in there.
:hug: you know i'd always respect whatever you said in fym! :D

btw deep, we all know you found this thread cuz you're an avid pleba lurker :tongue:

deep can be your bodyguard in FYM. He always sticks up for people.

I kinda like the tense feeling in there. Keeps me on my toes. I dont take the comments seriously. If I did I dont know where I would be now!

Back
Top Bottom