any pics of bono looking really mad!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

passingcat

The Fly
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

I wanna see him angry -real mad

any pics of Bono loosing it?

sorry, I'm half drunk on gin and orange:shh: :giggle:

I always thought he looked mad here :grumpy:

2002snazzy.jpg

Last edited:
This would work if he didn't have the smirk on his face:

aczjt1.jpg

I do remember there is a part in the Popmart video where he is clearly very pissed off with someone, telling them repeatedly to give him something and then you can see him mouth 'asshole'. :shrug: That and I did see an interview once on a news channel about Africa and the reporter asked the most asinine question and Bono definetly got annoyed. No pics of either though, sorry.

If anyone who is more technologically advanced than I, and that could be almost anyone, has a copy of this converted to DVD, the screen caps would fit this category beautifully -- I have a bootleg of the Rock and Roll Stops The Traffic performance, and it bears little resemblance to the footage in Rattle and Hum -- the concert was slow, they blew beginnings, etc., but Bono sees this sign in the crowd that says, S.F. Loves U2. Now, it blows right by the Bon that they are in SAN FRANCISCO -- he thinks it stands for Sinn Fein and he goes apeshit on the guy. I can just imagine that guy plotzing in the crowd, goes and makes a sign and all, so happy to be there, and he ends up getting a new one ripped for him by Bono, who can't remember where he is!! I don't think I've ever seen any photos or footage of Bon that furious.

FEELINNUMB said:
If anyone who is more technologically advanced than I, and that could be almost anyone, has a copy of this converted to DVD, the screen caps would fit this category beautifully -- I have a bootleg of the Rock and Roll Stops The Traffic performance, and it bears little resemblance to the footage in Rattle and Hum -- the concert was slow, they blew beginnings, etc., but Bono sees this sign in the crowd that says, S.F. Loves U2. Now, it blows right by the Bon that they are in SAN FRANCISCO -- he thinks it stands for Sinn Fein and he goes apeshit on the guy. I can just imagine that guy plotzing in the crowd, goes and makes a sign and all, so happy to be there, and he ends up getting a new one ripped for him by Bono, who can't remember where he is!! I don't think I've ever seen any photos or footage of Bon that furious.

I have the audio boot. That was when I realized just how much work was done on the finished product that was R&H. Also, you should hear the original version of When Love Comes to Town.

FEELINNUMB said:
:ohmy: Poor Bono :giggle:

starsgoblue said:
This would work if he didn't have the smirk on his face:

aczjt1.jpg

I do remember there is a part in the Popmart video where he is clearly very pissed off with someone, telling them repeatedly to give him something and then you can see him mouth 'asshole'. :shrug: That and I did see an interview once on a news channel about Africa and the reporter asked the most asinine question and Bono definetly got annoyed. No pics of either though, sorry.

:drool: Is it weird that I think he looks gorgeous even flipping some guy off? :giggle:

u2granny said:

I have the audio boot. That was when I realized just how much work was done on the finished product that was R&H. Also, you should hear the original version of When Love Comes to Town.

Hey, is there anyway you could send that audio to me, pretty please! macphisto23@hotmail.com

That boot makes me cringe when I hear it. It's nice Bono's passionate about things but geez. I really felt bad for the person with the sign. I can't imagine being in the wrath of Bono.

He looked kind of pissed off just after I snapped this pic in NY in 2001. They had just finished UTEOTW and the lights were down for a second. He was catching his breath and getting a quick sip of water when all of a sudden Lemon Grrrrrl reaches out her hand with her camera with a flash and SNAP! After I took it he looked over, and didn't look too pleased. I doubt he could see anything, what with just having a flash camera go off in his face. If I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't have done that - I still feel bad about it. :reject: Of course I wasn't thinking about the lights down and him just taking a sip of water. That didn't occur to me until after I developed the film and had time to re-think the situation. All I could think of at the time was - "HOLY :censored:! BONO'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!"
3446%3A62323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D32327875%3B%3A955nu0mrj

If I ever meet him I will apologize to him for this. I hope he'd forgive me. :angel:

u2granny said:

That was when I realized just how much work was done on the finished product that was R&H.

Isn't it incredible? The whole bootleg makes me cringe, the SF part is the worst, but it's part of a list. They were completely unprepared, and Bono has to learn that if he wants to sing Bob Dylan songs, HE HAS TO LEARN THE WORDS FIRST!! The vicious reception R&H received has always ticked me off big time, and even more so when you realize what Phil did with it.

Speaking of R&H, I'm trying to recall if it was more in Bono's tone than on his face, but that part when they're offstage before the encore and Bono is talking to Adam as if Adam is an idiot -- "Not the first, not the second.." Talk about obnoxious! And Adam just goes with it. Bless him. As much as I love Bon, I would have slapped the Irish right off him if he spoke to me that way!!:yes:

Yeah, I've always seen that as a bit belittling towards Adam. Larry joins in a bit too. I don't know. Adam doesn't seem to care too much, and it probably wouldn't have been in the film if it had really been that big of a deal.
Still, I hate it when people tell me what to do like that. I don't mind advice (I welcome it) but when someone talks to me as if I'm a child, it just makes me want to explode.

Yeah it's not the same thing really but in the same vein, I noticed on the AB outtakes, him telling Adam how to do something during a song and I suppose it's maybe how they work anyway but I can't handle that, if I'd been Adam I'd have told him to play it himself.

Oh wait, he DID say that. Go Ad'. ;)

i've got a video from milan where he screams fuck off at least 6 times to someone who just threw water at him..he looks really pissed off there :|

i suppose we won't get to see that on the dvd though :wink:

Here's something I really could not understand why Bono did it...When U2 where shooting the video for Elevation,MTV showed a documentary-Making the video. At one point Bono starts criticizing The Edge about having changed deliberately his no. 2 T-shirt with a no.1 T-shirt. He says smth like: "You know what is like with the shy guys, they're megolomaniac... But these little things give you away"-about The Edge. I think this was really impolite from him and should have refrained form saying those words.

crazyu2 said:
Here's something I really could not understand why Bono did it...When U2 where shooting the video for Elevation,MTV showed a documentary-Making the video. At one point Bono starts criticizing The Edge about having changed deliberately his no. 2 T-shirt with a no.1 T-shirt. He says smth like: "You know what is like with the shy guys, they're megolomaniac... But these little things give you away"-about The Edge. I think this was really impolite from him and should have refrained form saying those words.

It was a joke :huh:

FEELINNUMB said:

Speaking of R&H, I'm trying to recall if it was more in Bono's tone than on his face, but that part when they're offstage before the encore and Bono is talking to Adam as if Adam is an idiot -- "Not the first, not the second.." Talk about obnoxious! And Adam just goes with it. Bless him. As much as I love Bon, I would have slapped the Irish right off him if he spoke to me that way!!:yes:

I always thought that was just because the song was new and that was the first time they played it live in front of an audience :shrug:.

Back
Top Bottom