Any of u girls do/done belly-dancing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Reason why I ask is, next Jan new classes are starting here by a girl named Fiona, in Belfast, and Im tempted to try as me mum thinks I have a natural rhythm for it!!!!! (it AINT got anything to do with Mrs Morleigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

yea yea, right!
wink.gif

anyway, have any of u lot tried it?????

still doin it?

hello?

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Haven't taken formal lessons, but with 15 years of ballet, and several years of jazz and flamenco, I can fake it.

At least, I will HAVE to *when* I dance for Edge in Vegas!!!
eek.gif

WOO HOO!!! I WANNA TAKE BELLY DANCING LESSONS TOO!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
*wiggle, jiggle, shake 'n' bake...give that Edge all he can take*

Actually, I've been thinking about taking belly dancing lessons now for months...but I'm REALLY shy and inhibited (STOP LAUGHING! I am *SO* SHY!!!), esp. when it comes to doing things in front of people, ESP. something like belly dancing!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I *know* I can dance (I once dated an african-american guy who told me--heh--that I could "dance like a sistah!"), and I can shake my groove thing and gyrate with the best of them, but I'm still *askeert* to try it!! But since I now have time to do it, I better DO IT, or I will regret it forever!

Hey Jess...maybe you and I can "swivel in the heart" for our Edgie, huh?????
wink.gif

Disco...who WILL be dancing!

*looks down at belly*

I wouldn't get my belly out in public. Wouldn't wish that sight on anyone.
smile.gif

I've been wanting to try this. I get a catalogue of workout videos a few times a year, and there are some videos that teach you belly dancing and kind of show you the basics for a fun workout. I've been meaning to order one of these but I keep forgetting.
Maybe this will remind me.

smile.gif

------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights

I've done bellydancing...
Actually, I've been dancing ballet and modern since I was 3, along with MANY different kinds of dancing. Including bellydancing.

It is soo fun! It is really hard on your abs though...which is a good thing I guess. It takes a lot of control with breathing and using your diaphragm (not the other kind!!)

This is so ironic that this topic came up, because I am signing up to take another bellydancing class today!

You all should take a class!
smile.gif

~bluesky

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Yes, I have taken belly dancing classes.
My teacher said I was a natural...then amended that with "You have all the attitude"...I think what needs to be tacked on there is "none of the moves". LOL.
It's great great fun and boyfriends enjoy it when you practice around them
smile.gif

-Bluey

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

Jessica!!! You're from my home town!! Er, I'm from Waukesha, actually. Just thought I'd say HEY DERE!!!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm...*looks over at 'Ab-Slide' over in corner covered in dustbunnies*

Oops. Fergot I even had that!
frown.gif

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
You mean I actually have to use it? Rats! Guess I should start now.

Actually I have been thinking about belly dancing lessons too ... I know my man Bono has a weakness for them!

Never taken formal classes.. and i dont picture myself doing so either.
But I do dance, all sorts of things (ballet, modern, latin, greek).. so i could probably pull something off.

Originally posted by bluesky:
I've done bellydancing...
Actually, I've been dancing ballet and modern since I was 3, along with MANY different kinds of dancing. Including bellydancing.

Another ballerina!! Whohoo! How many years have you been taking it? (...it always excites me to meet another dancer on the board--right Mrs. Edge?)

well, i have no professional training (in belly dancing, i do have professional training in dance) but i sure try my moves out in my room. "shake it, shake it, shake it!" come here, edge!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

i was watching U2's TRL performance the other day, and noticed a girl on the street in a belly dancer costume with a sign that said "on your knees, bono" was that any of you!?
wink.gif

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

I have tried belly dancing before and all i can say is: GO FOR IT GIRLIE!!!!! It's soooooooo much fun and it's also good for your hips!!!!
biggrin.gif

But i have to admit that i'm much better at Irish dancing....I've been taking classes for 2 years now, so i should know a little bit by now, don't you think?
wink.gif

And i also dance Tango...otherwise i'd be kicked out of the country! lol

*Flavia*

Awww, you gals are so cool. I wish I had taken dance lessons! The only dancing I do is @ the clubs, haha. That'd be cool to take belly dancing classes! *way too shy though*
biggrin.gif

Oh and all you saying your bellies are too big etc....shut it! I've seen pics! I know you are all sexy!
mad.gif

You mean I actually have to use it? Rats! Guess I should start now.

Actually I have been thinking about belly dancing lessons too ... I know my man Bono has a weakness for them!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I know the feeling
frown.gif

And that Ab-Doer thing doesn't really work

*oh yeah, I guess it helps to actually use it*

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

Yeah I've done belly dancing for 3 years now
smile.gif
It's really kewl and it really impresses the guys and stuff...drives them nuts!
biggrin.gif

I've also been dancing since I was 4..Ballet, spanish dancing, modern, belly dancing etc
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Wisconsin rocks!!! I'm glad to meet more fellow U2 fans from Wisconsin.

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Jessica!!! You're from my home town!! Er, I'm from Waukesha, actually. Just thought I'd say HEY DERE!!!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm...*looks over at 'Ab-Slide' over in corner covered in dustbunnies*

Oops. Fergot I even had that!
frown.gif

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

Absolutely!
smile.gif
I have a friend who takes belly dancing, am thinking of trying it out when I get time. But I never get time, cuz I'm always so busy writing stories!!

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Another ballerina!! Whohoo! How many years have you been taking it? (...it always excites me to meet another dancer on the board--right Mrs. Edge?)

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Well...basically since I was 3!! I was in a dance company from when I was 7-14, then I was in another one from when I was 15-18! Now I'm 19, and I really want to start taking classes again....maybe just twice a week or something.

I love that you dance too! Did you say Mrs. Edge danced?
smile.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Back
Top Bottom